GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,289
0 members and 1,289 guests
No Members online

Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

attire for COR event?

I have a Continuous Open Recruitment to go to tonight, and the invitation says to dress "business casual/sunday attire" for the event, but everyone has different versions of "sunday attire"...I don't really know what to wear, so I'm thinking just a simple black/white dress and heels? I'd rather be a little too overdressed then way too casual...what do you think?!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

do you have any friends in sororities that you can ask? can you ask the recruitment guide? what about asking other girls that you might know that will be going thru recruitment with you?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Personally, for the business casual end, I would wear a nice pair of slacks (minimum of khakis), depending on the weather a nice button up shirt or a nice sweater and basic pumps or flats; some might also wear a casual top with a nicer blazer/jacket. Think something along the lines of this: http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat280150

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

"Business casual" to me means either nice slacks, nice skirt plus either a good sweater, cardigan set, or button up top. With the addition of "sunday attire," a dress might be okay, but I'd hesitate to wear a black dress unless it was a fabric that said "casual" since you wouldn't want to look like you're going for a cocktail dress. I also wouldn't wear white, simply because I stick to the no-white-in-winter rule (caveat, if the fabric makes it fairly obvious you are doing a winter white statement, that's fine... but why risk it for an event that means so much to you?)
Old 01-23-2008, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

All the clothes tips so far are good. Dress slacks, a nice shirt, button up or sweater is good. I think it also depends on your campus environment. I would take FSUZeta's advice and ask someone in the sorority if you know them ,to get a better idea.