GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,741
3 members and 1,738 guests
aaexeyttsa3383, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-16-2012, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh No! Last day of Rush week and I have classes!

I was reading over some information from the Greek Life Org on campus, and found out that on the last day of Pledge Week, which is supposed to last the entire day..... I have classes ALL DAY LONG.

The rules say that you must be present for ALL recruitment events, but I don't want to miss class. I'm a pretty good student and doing well means a lot to me.

I don't want to jeopardize a bid by having to skip that final day....... I wonder how others finagled this kind of situation.

Any ideas?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a hard time believing that the school would knowingly schedule events for the day when ladies should be in classes. I would highly recommend double checking your information and making sure the events aren't actually in the evening, rather than during regular class hours. If this information is correct and you truly do have a conflict, then you need to contact your greek life office immediately so you can find a resolution for your situation.

Good luck.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Never mind. It's a weekday with no classes anyway because of Labor Day! I can't believe that I let myself get so worried about it, when I could have just looked at a calendar.

Thanks for your response though. I was definitely having a brain fart at that moment.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

You are not the only rushee who has class. Like virtually every rushee is going to have class at one time or another during that day. Either you or they have made a mistake. There would never be a scenario where you would be put in a position of having to drop out of rush or skip class. And if in the completely bizarre scenario where this would be true, you should go to class. A Greek system that doesn't respect the reason for you to be in school is a bad idea and should be avoided. But my guess is you've misunderstood what's going on. Just call and get clarification.