GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,393
2 members and 2,391 guests
oncegreek, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Question If Sigma could colonize anywhere...

...where would you like to see a new colony? Why?

My vote would be an SEC school. Feasible? Probably not since those schools are steeped in tradition and have their tiers established, BUT I think a future colony at an SEC school would be great.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-01-2006, 01:33 AM

Hi there! Please read the rules and introduce yourself in the "Are there any Tri Sigmas out there" thread!

Interesting that you should say this because we've been asked to colonize at LSU when it WAS open for expansion. With 4 chapters in that state and tons of alumnae, it seemed like a good idea. We decided against it because it was too risky. Many sororities have unsuccessfully attempted to colonize there.

Back to topic:

I'd like to see us back at IU-Bloomington and Florida State.

*We have 6 chapters in Wisconsin. I'd like to see us at UW-Madison since we're at a few of the smaller UW schools.

* NC State is one I'd like to see since we are also big in that state.

*I'd like to see us at another school in Ohio (maybe OU,Cleveland State, or one of the smaller private schools here).

* I'd like to see us more in the west, preferably at one of the CSU or UC schools.

*I'd like to see us in Canada, since there are a few NPC sororities who have been sucessful there.

There are many more but this just the short list!

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JocelynC

Back to topic:

I'd like to see us back at IU-Bloomington and Florida State.

I would LOVE to see us back at IU, but with some of the problems that they had there in the late 80's I don't know if it will ever happen. I talked to Susie Kuhn about this once when she was at Ball State (I can only hope they ever re-start Beta Gamma!) visiting us. Since her daughter was one of our advisors and an alum from the IU chapter I asked her what happened. She told me that by the end there were some really big problems in that chapter. At one point she said the same few girls held all the chairs and offices and everyone else just expected them to do the work. I am not sure that Sigma could make it at IU without a huge influx of cash to get the chapter started. Their sororities there are so well established that Sigma would have to really go "above and beyond" to get a good new member class to get things started. Of course the plus is that the Indianapolis and Louisville Alum chapters are only 1.5 hours away and there are also alum chapters in Muncie and Ft. Wayne so there are lots of Sigma's here who could help!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:56 AM

Sorry to crash:

What about University of Missouri (Mizzou)? Tri-Sigma has 7 or 8 chapters in Missouri schools and a pretty good rep. I think it would be a good choice.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 08-01-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig
Sorry to crash:

What about University of Missouri (Mizzou)? Tri-Sigma has 7 or 8 chapters in Missouri schools and a pretty good rep. I think it would be a good choice.
Yeah this is another that I'd love to see as well. I know we have a big presence in MO.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chopperLI905 Send a message via Yahoo to chopperLI905
Sorrry to crash but I also think UW-Madison needs a Tri Sigma Chapter. I have some good friends from the UW-Whitewater chapter and I have meet other Tri-Sigma's from other chapters in Wisconsin and you gals are all great. Madison would greatly benefit in having a Tri Sigma chapter. The only thing that would benefit Madison more is a recolonized Lambda Chi chapter.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigma3
Being a Louisville native, I would love to see us start a colony at U of L. There are only two chapters in the state of Kentucky and I'd love to see more. I know there are a number of recent alums from my chapter, Alpha Chi, that would love to help out with a new colony in Louisville. Plus, the Alpha Chi chapter is a great chapter and well established, I know a lot of those girls would be happy to come help out.

A few years ago we at Alpha Chi had talked about how cool it would be to help start a colony at U of L. And also how we could as a chapter get the new girls their letter jackets for Initiation like our bigs did for us.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma3
Being a Louisville native, I would love to see us start a colony at U of L. There are only two chapters in the state of Kentucky and I'd love to see more. I know there are a number of recent alums from my chapter, Alpha Chi, that would love to help out with a new colony in Louisville. Plus, the Alpha Chi chapter is a great chapter and well established, I know a lot of those girls would be happy to come help out.

A few years ago we at Alpha Chi had talked about how cool it would be to help start a colony at U of L. And also how we could as a chapter get the new girls their letter jackets for Initiation like our bigs did for us.
I would love to see a chapter at U of L. Any idea how the Greek system is there these days?
Old 08-10-2006, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigma3
Not too sure since I don't live there anymore. I think it's pretty good. They've got a decent number of sororities and fraternities, although I say there's room for one more . . . Sigma!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma3
Not too sure since I don't live there anymore. I think it's pretty good. They've got a decent number of sororities and fraternities, although I say there's room for one more . . . Sigma!
We just restarted the Louisville Alumnea Chapter a few years ago too.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:20 AM

Excuse me for crashing:

University of Missouri - Columbia, announced it is opening for expansion/extension. Hopefully, Sigma Sigma Sigma will make a presentation. As I noted earlier, you ladies have a strong presence in Missouri.

Truman State University
Culver-Stockton College
University of Central Missouri (former Central Missouri State University)
Missouri State University (former Southwest Missouri State University)
Missouri Western State University
Northwest Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University
Stephens College (located in Columbia)

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 03-29-2007, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm personally from California and I really wish we had more Tri-Sigma chapters there! There's currently only one at CSU East Bay. Maybe if I decide to move back to California, I'll try to open an chapter there haha

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-09-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM

For those of you who aren't familiar with how Panhellenic expansion works, the schools below have voted to add a new sorority to their campus (opened for expansion). The schools choose 2, 3, or 4 sororities that they are interested in. National staff members from each chosen sorority come and make presentations to the school's Panhellenic Council. The school then chooses which sorority they would like to become a colony on their campus. Now that I've explained it...

Just wanted to let you all know that we have been asked to present at 2 schools recently:

*University of Texas at San Antonio is open for expansion and has asked Sigma to present along with Zeta Tau Alpha, Gamma Phi Beta & Alpha Gamma Delta!

*University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is open for expansion and has asked Sigma to present along with Alpha Xi Delta & Alpha Sigma Tau!

I'll let you know of course who has been selected to colonize when decisions are made.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-13-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I still hope for another SoCal chapter, but for some reason we don't seem to do well....I am still hoping...

I wish we were asked to present at Chapman

Nothing but good wishes to the teams for UI-UC & UT-SA

Gwyn

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AbsolutVPZK
I would love to see a chapter at Ohio State University & I know it would be practically impossible to re-open the Rutgers (New Brunswick) Chapter.

SSS