GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,084
0 members and 1,084 guests
No Members online

Old 02-28-2003, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaPoodle
I have to admit I laughed when, at the BBQ, The DZO sis' were talking about the two girls sitting on the stairs of the house next door. Based on info the DZO sis' got from other people, apparently Amy --I think that's her name--TOLD people she wanted to pledge a different sorority and only came to the DZO rush was because the MTV cameras were there. Needless to say, Amy was not invited back to interviews. BUUUUSTED!!
Too bad for her because, up until they heard that, it seemed like they really liked her.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I think this recap was almost funnier than watching the show! (Thanks UGAGal)
http://www.doublesweetie.com/201.html
Old 02-28-2003, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I just loved reading that episode 1 recap!!! Hilarious !~
Old 02-28-2003, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

The new Sorority Life and Fraternity Life are coming on again today at 3pm Eastern
Old 02-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
Too bad for her because, up until they heard that, it seemed like they really liked her.
You know, I'm sure she's not the only person who came just because of the cameras but you'd think she would use some common sense and keep her mouth shut.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaPoodle
You know, I'm sure she's not the only person who came just because of the cameras but you'd think she would use some common sense and keep her mouth shut.
I'm sorry but the president, Talia and the social chair, is her name Janel? They need to seriously turn the ego off. I mean come on, telling someone to be themself but then getting pissed because someone didn't say hi to you? Not everyone is totally social around people they have just met. And I've never really understood about factoring in an outfit a girl might have on. That just seems so fuc#**g petty. I'm sorry Janel, but most of the rushees dress better than you.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:37 AM
GreekChat Member

did anyone happen to catch the first episode of Frat life, i liked it alot better then sorority life, guess it was just more interesting to me. oh also the first season of sorority life sucked balls, all the pledges were over emotional bitches even though all they had to really do during pledging was live in a kick ass house together... not to mention all the actives in that one were dorks
Old 03-02-2003, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Two comments:

1) I think someone already mentioned this, but they are rush guests!!! The girls that really want to be there are probably intimidated, not only by the cameras but, by the DZO girls unfriendly attitudes, snide looks, and side whispering.

2) Have you all seen the new SL2 commercials? Tagline: Life's a bitch and so are the DZO sisters. Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
2) Have you all seen the new SL2 commercials? Tagline: Life's a bitch and so are the DZO sisters. Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

I've only seen the one w/ the southern accent lady
Old 03-02-2003, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Delta Xi Omega

I finally saw the entire show this weekend. I have to agree that Talia and Janel did come off bitchy. But, I didn't have a problem with it because I understood where they were coming from for the most part. I think all the rushees should have made a point to speak to ALL the sisters -- not just a few. Their chapter is not that big and the events were pretty informal. If they so want to be a part of the organization it would be to their benefit to meet/greet all of the sisters or as many as possible. Um, especially the chapter president. IMO, the oppurtunity was there but not everyone was willing to take it. That says a lot. First impressions...

I guess it could be seen as some of the DZO sisters "power tripping", but from reading the Rush forum on GC I've learned it's to a Rushee's advantage to speak and get to know as many sisters as possible during NPC rush, right? I guess DZO places more of an emphasis on this. Not necessarily bad, just different. And, I would think this issue would be even more important to DZO when they are trying to maybe figure out who has genuine interest and who is just there for the MTV cameras.

I'm loving that DZO's pledge process is a lot different from SAEPi. I can relate to it a lot more than SAEPi's process. DZO seems to know what they're looking for in pledges and what they don't want. I'm also thinking that the Rushees going out for DZO pretty much know what to expect from the sisters and from Rush.

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing the final interviews and the rest of the season.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
The DZO sisters don't seem friendly or nice. I thought the sisters were supposed to make the rushees feel welcome, not the other way around. Then again that could be the result of MTV's creative editing.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Regardless of editing, the stuff coming out of peoples mouths were still said.

Apparently Delta Xi Omega and Sigma Chi Omega are having a war of egos. Its funny to read each sisters bio. When asked about Sigma Chi Omega, most talk about how inflated their egos are now - and when the guys from Sigma Chi Omega are asked about the ladies from Delta Xi Omega, most of them talk about how unhot they are and how bad their egos are.

The way I see it, the sisters seem to be the ones trying to put it on for the cameras - not the rushees.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I also about died when i saw the previews for the next episode. The part about telling the rushee to stick her head out the window and sing the greek alphabet backwards. I feel some hazing coming on....
Old 03-02-2003, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to agree with previous posts that saying things like "pledging is something you'd never want to do again" or keeping control over the pledge class aren't kosher with me. You shouldn't have to "earn" anything by doing physical or mentally distressing things. you should have to participate in getting to know and love your sisters and org through positive activities, but you shouldn't look back on your pledge period as a time you wouldn't relive. As far as the rushees trying to talk to all the sisters, the sisters should try to talk to all the rushees as well, if you haven't been through the rush process and you're surrounded by cameras and the sisters are grouping together and whispering about you while you're ten feet away, you might be a little intimidated/nervous. there were also some allusions to some of the fraternity guys depledging hmmm.
but then... i don't want to judge, mtv is only showing what they want us to talk about anyway.

Last edited by trisigmaAtl; 03-02-2003 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Season 2 better already

I have to agree with Serenity in the fact that there are not a lot of the sisters and if you are interested in pledging/rushing a sorority, it would be in your best interest to get to know the sisters!! I didn't think any of the DZO sisters were snobby or stuck-up. I guess I can relate because of the fact that I had to humble myself when I was a prospective. But each organiztion is different and each one has it's own personality.

I think this is a lot better than the first season in the fact that in the first season, I couldn't tell who was the Big Sister and who was the pledgee!!!! They did not show any respect to their Big Sisters. I forget the one who dropped out (blondie) but I remember an episode where she told the big sisters to F*&% off!!! I was like, WHOOOAAA!! I would not live to tell that story if I would have done that while online!!!! I don't know, I guess it's a respect thing for me. I also like how in the fraternity show, the president tells the pledgees, "If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late and if you're late don't bother showin' up!!!!" That's what I'm talking about, people have to understand that none of the bids are guaranteed!!!! (Nice to see the DZO president make note of that at their ice cream social)