GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 810
0 members and 810 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
It has been really difficult to locate 3 oz paper Dixie Cups in my area this month. Is this due to sororities being required to use the exact same type of small paper cup for their refreshments during recruitment?

Or have local kindergarten/elementary schools required each child purchase six boxes of small paper cups for their schoolroom for the year?

Small plastic cups abound in many stores, in multiple fun colors which would seem to be great for sorority recruitment use, but PAPER cups seem to be at a premium.
The Dixie 3 oz and larger kitchen cups have been gone from our main grocery store for months (they were replaced by an off brand). I’m not sure if they have some sort of exclusivity deal with Walmart or if they are having production problems.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I finally logged into Instagram because the girls have been forwarding me photos of the interiors of the houses that they’re found! I thought I should post the beautiful decoration light in the Pi Phi house for philanthropy round one today!

https://imgur.com/a/r29kwTl
Old 08-13-2019, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantXOcousin View Post
I finally logged into Instagram because the girls have been forwarding me photos of the interiors of the houses that they’re found! I thought I should post the beautiful decoration light in the Pi Phi house for philanthropy round one today!

https://imgur.com/a/r29kwTl

Jiminy Christmas! I was looking at the impressive light fixture overhead and then I realized that you were talking about the custom neon sign. Man....SEC recruitment is something else.

True and Constant
Old 08-13-2019, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's Christian sorority not a educational, cultural,major specific, etc. group. It really functions as an NPC group but just isn't NPC and isn't a local.
I can't see that much of a difference between ADChi's requirement that you attend a sorority-approved church and AOE's requirement that you have a sorority-approved major in terms of additional/specialized membership requirements that differ from NPC guidelines. AOE is a social sorority with specialized guidelines for members, as is ADChi.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Do they recruit like the NPC ones like ADChi does?
Old 08-13-2019, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psy View Post
I can't see that much of a difference between ADChi's requirement that you attend a sorority-approved church and AOE's requirement that you have a sorority-approved major in terms of additional/specialized membership requirements that differ from NPC guidelines. AOE is a social sorority with specialized guidelines for members, as is ADChi.
It's their choice to affiliate with the CPC or not. If ADChi wants to participate in Bama's CPC and be bound to whatever policies that entails, it's their choice. On that campus, AOE may have felt they were better served by the UGC.

In fact, AOE is a CPC associate member at many campus locations. Here are the first three I randomly grabbed:

Illinois: https://fsaffairs.illinois.edu/organ...aOmegaEpsilon/

West Virginia: https://greeklife.wvu.edu/about-us/pha

South Dakota State: https://www.sdstate.edu/student-life...ic-association

True and Constant
Old 08-14-2019, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

(The girls are Parakeet, Starling, Chickadee, and Dove)

IWT:

The girls went through their first official round of recruitment. They're all very different personality wise so I'm very interested in what houses everyone will pref.

They're all in separate rho chi groups so they're left Tutweiler at the same time and arrived at Tutweiler at different times, that'll change when rush really starts flowing but it's nice that they're all split up now so they can get their own first impressions from all of the houses without the influences of the group.

Everyone is a legacy and got to see their legacy house(s) these past days and that was especially exciting.

Dove and my daughter, Twizzler, were especially close when they were younger, born on the same day, they are the closest of friends. Dove's hoping, hoping, hoping, that she'll end up in the same house as my Twizzler.

Everyone was impressed by every house today and is excited for tomorrow. Everyone also had a lot to say about all of the lovely things each house had and how every sister presented herself so nicely.

My girlfriends and I walked the row today and yesterday, we visited The Trunk (the Greek store), and watched the sights and saw the scenes of rush week.

Philanthropy:

Cuts came to light this morning and boy, were we shocked. I've seen cuts happen but NOTHING like this. Hundreds of girls were cut, some entirely dropped, I'm in awe at how everything rolls so smoothly with each house.

All 4 girls are returning to 12 houses philanthropy round, everyone has a packed schedule but it came with a lot of surprises for everyone. A lot of the houses they were expecting to get back were not on their lists.

They read the rankings on Greekrank and are just now realizing that taking recruitment advice from an anonymous website may have been the wrong idea!

They're are also national rankings at Bama that the girls are learning about. Hierarchy of popularity and all. It's ridiculous because, at the end of the day, we're all Panhellenic sisters.

Laugh of the day:
A girl named "Mary Jesus" ran out of the house before Dove and when Dove heard her name, she said "Marry Jesus? That's what my great aunt did, she's a nun!" quite loudly to the active who was rushing her.

(I don't know if I'm allowed to list the houses they'll be returning to but if anyone is interested, PM me!)

That's all for my Alabama updates for these past 3 days!
Old 08-14-2019, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, you can post the groups' names-- we don't know who your girls are.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Dove:
ΔΓ, ΧΩ, ΑΧΩ, ΔΔΔ, ΦΜ, ΚΚΓ, ΚΔ, ΖΤΑ, ΑΓΔ, ΑΦ, ΓΦΒ, and ΠΒΦ

Chickadee:
ΣΚ, ΑΟΠ, ΑΓΔ, ΚΑΘ, ΑΔΠ, ΑΧΩ, ΑΦ, ΔΔΔ, ΑΔΠ, ΖΤΑ, ΓΦΒ, and ΔΖ

Starling:
ΔΔΔ, ΔΓ, ΔΖ, ΑΔΠ, ΑΟΠ, ΚΑΘ, ΑΓΔ, ΑΦ, ΓΦΒ, ΣΚ, ΠΒΦ, and ΦΜ

Parakeet:
ΑΦ, ΖΤΑ, ΔΓ, ΦΜ, ΔΔΔ, ΚΚΓ, ΓΦΒ, ΚΔ, ΧΩ, ΑΧΩ, ΑΓΔ, and ΠΒΦ.

ΣΔΤ was out yesterday and each of the girls went to see them on their breaks.

Last edited by DistantXOcousin; 08-14-2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: I put AGD twice when I should've put ΑΧΩ
Old 08-14-2019, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad that your girls are having fun with the process. It is exciting but can be overwhelming for so many.

The grade cuts this year were harsh and I think it took a lot of girls by surprise.

Greekrank is a flipping black hole and should not be taken serious by anyone!! Every sorority at UA is amazing and filled with great girls!!!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zTaalum View Post
Glad that your girls are having fun with the process. It is exciting but can be overwhelming for so many.

The grade cuts this year were harsh and I think it took a lot of girls by surprise.

Greekrank is a flipping black hole and should not be taken serious by anyone!! Every sorority at UA is amazing and filled with great girls!!!
The grade cuts were HUGE in Starling's Rho Chi group, 5 girls are returning with 1 house, 2 were cut entirely, and 10 are returning to under 5 houses.

The girls all had over a 3.9 and they ranked their legacy houses high, only 2 have been asked back.

From what I've heard, Sigma Kappa is making harsh cuts and a lot of girls were expecting to go in and have them as a "back up", but they know how to work recruitment well and they're doing a beautiful job.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zTaalum View Post

The grade cuts were HUGE in Starling's Rho Chi group, 5 girls are returning with 1 house, 2 were cut entirely, and 10 are returning to under 5 houses.

The girls all had over a 3.9 and they ranked their legacy houses high, only 2 have been asked back.

From what I've heard, Sigma Kappa is making harsh cuts and a lot of girls were expecting to go in and have them as a "back up", but they know how to work recruitment well and theyre doing a beautiful job.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Looks like your girls are all doing very well! My niece is now a senior at Bama, we are from the West coast and her mom and I were amazed by the Bama recruitment experience. I mean...custom neon signs for philanthropy day?? It’s a whole different world! Thanks for sharing your story, loving it!
Old 08-15-2019, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantXOcousin View Post
Dove:
ΔΓ, ΧΩ, ΑΧΩ, ΔΔΔ, ΦΜ, ΚΚΓ, ΚΔ, ΖΤΑ, ΑΓΔ, ΑΦ, ΓΦΒ, and ΠΒΦ

Chickadee:
ΣΚ, ΑΟΠ, ΑΓΔ, ΚΑΘ, ΑΔΠ, ΑΧΩ, ΑΦ, ΔΔΔ, ΑΔΠ, ΖΤΑ, ΓΦΒ, and ΔΖ

Starling:
ΔΔΔ, ΔΓ, ΔΖ, ΑΔΠ, ΑΟΠ, ΚΑΘ, ΑΓΔ, ΑΦ, ΓΦΒ, ΣΚ, ΠΒΦ, and ΦΜ

Parakeet:
ΑΦ, ΖΤΑ, ΔΓ, ΦΜ, ΔΔΔ, ΚΚΓ, ΓΦΒ, ΚΔ, ΧΩ, ΑΧΩ, ΑΓΔ, and ΠΒΦ.

ΣΔΤ was out yesterday and each of the girls went to see them on their breaks.
So all of them got to go back to Tri-Delta, Alpha Phi, Gamma Phi, and Alpha Gam. What was Chickadee's 12th? You put ADPi twice.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mary Jesus?