GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Epsilon Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,458
3 members and 2,455 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Essay on why AEPHI is the way to go!

Sorry. Nevermind. I don't go to that school but I was really wondering. Sorry if I was ignorant... Please just forget it or delete this thread.

Last edited by michelele3; 10-28-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelele3 View Post
I am not a member of AEPHI just YET, but I want to rush next year
So for one of my essays in english i'm writing about why AEPhi is the best sorority. This is what I have and i was just wondering if you guys could help me come up with more ideas, or help elaborate on what I already have.
Thanks a lot!

- Strong sisterhood: The aephi on my campus is pretty small like 100 girls and they all know each other and i think it's great that they are so close and actually know who the other are.
- Great philanthropy: I hear they raise the most money and usually have the best philantrhopy on campus.
- Ideals?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
haha ! soon enough!!! but seriously please tell me why else aephi is amaazingg!!! because that's all i can see from the outside. besides the obvious--they are all nice girls, etc.
Keep in mind that recruitment is all about mutual selection, meaning they have to like you back.

That is all.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
That sums it up right there.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 PM

Maybe you don't understand how recruitment works, but it is a mutual selection process.

What that means is that you can write essays about how much you love AEPhi and really love AEPhi all you want, but if they choose not to give you a bid, you won't be getting one.

So saying things like "I'm not an AEPhi YET" is kind of offensive to AEPhi members because it implies that you are assuming that you're guaranteed to get a bid to join AEPhi, which is not true.

I'm going to be nice and not quote you, but you might want to delete this post. especially since you have had your school name in your signature before. If AEPhi's where you want to join were to see this, your chances at joining could be pretty much ruined.

This is also the AEPhi forum, and there are AEPhi's from alot of schools who come here. I can guarantee that if one of them saw this, they'd be like "OMG how creepy" and you'd have no chance whatsoever. Guaranteed.

So it's a good idea to be mindful of what you post via the internet. Being overzealous about a sorority to the point of writing a class essay about it is a big "no no" in terms of recruitment.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-28-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am not a member of AEPHI just YET, but I want to rush next year
So for one of my essays in english i'm writing about why AEPhi is the best sorority.
Quote:
haha ! soon enough!!! but seriously please tell me why else aephi is amaazingg!!! because that's all i can see from the outside. besides the obvious--they are all nice girls, etc.
I'm sure you will do amaazinggly well in English class.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

What is your assignment exactly? I'm not sure your professor will be impressed with an essay about your love for a sorority.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:38 PM

I find it interesting that you're "planning" on joining AEPhi when, according to your signature, you attend Illinois State. AEPhi has never had a chapter at Illinois State. In order to join a chapter of AEPhi (or any NPC sorority) you must be enrolled at the school where that chapter is located.

Recruitment is a mutual selection process. You can't just sign up for a sorority the way you can sign up for the Anime Club or Campus Crusade for Christ. You have to be invited to join. To say you're not an AEPhi "yet" is very presumptuous.

I urge you to find a different topic for your paper. Perhaps you could write about the philanthropy work that sororities do; all NPC sorority chapters do philanthropy work ranging from fundraisers to volunteer work, and at many schools, recruitment includes a philanthropy round.

If and when you do go through recruitment, do keep an open mind.

Take care.