GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,365
1 members and 1,364 guests
dizzycmaarleyy5

Old 02-01-2001, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Allie_XO:
I didn't realize it until recently that Krispy Kreme is primarily a south eastern chain. Am I right? I know that they are expanding since they went public on the stock market, but I don't think there are many yet. Also, Hardee's? I think they are primarily east od the Mississippi.

For anyone that doesn't know - Krispy Kreme makes the most delicious donuts. Hardee's is a fast food chain, but they are so much better than McD's or BK.

Allie
There's one KK that I know of in NYC (Manhattan), and I know there's at least one in LA. I guess they're trying to expand. There's one not too far from my home in Destin, FL...it's AMAZING! If I could get them shipped to RI, it'd ROCK!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-01-2001, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Allie_XO:
I didn't realize it until recently that Krispy Kreme is primarily a south eastern chain. Am I right? I know that they are expanding since they went public on the stock market, but I don't think there are many yet. Also, Hardee's? I think they are primarily east od the Mississippi.

For anyone that doesn't know - Krispy Kreme makes the most delicious donuts. Hardee's is a fast food chain, but they are so much better than McD's or BK.

Allie

Yeah I had never heard of Krispy Kreme until I went south. My ex (who's from Georgia) was harping on me cuz I had never had one. But now they just built one near my house in Detroit. I must say that they are quite fabulous! They honestly melt in your mouth!
Old 02-01-2001, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Krispy Kreme's are DELICIOUS- they have always had them here in Houston but it wasnt until i went to Miami that i tried them. Ever since then I am hooked on them, even better yet they built one right by my house a couple of months ago. I dont go there as much as i want to- but atleast i know its there whenever i have a craving. They really do melt in your mouth!!!!

------------------
"He is not perfect, you are not perfect. The question is whether or not you are perfect for each other"

[This message has been edited by bucutie02 (edited February 01, 2001).]
Old 02-01-2001, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
I love Krispy Kreme. They just built a second one here in Chicago. I used to like Dunkin Donuts but lately the ones here are under new owners and the donuts just take like sweetened crisco. We had a Hardees in Peoria where I went to school and they had the best burgers and chicken. We have one in downtown chicago but I have not been there yet.
Old 02-01-2001, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Allie, Yep, Hardees is mostly an eastern(They're big here in Virginia and North Carolina) chain but I think they do have some in the midwest. Plus I think they bought out Carls Jr. which is a fast food chain on the west coast. But I could be wrong about that. I do agree that Hardees has better food than McDonalds. Of course I did work there during H.S. so I dont think its that great. Biscuits & Gravy are the bomb. Krispy & Creme are o.k., I prefer going to Shoppers food wharehouse or Dunkin Donuts. There this place called Einstein bagels and they have pretty good breakfast sandwiches there. Its right next to Starbucks which makes it convienent.

Old 02-01-2001, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Who has been to CPK (aka California Pizza Kitchen)? This is the best place! basically, they put anything on a pizza. They have Thai Chicken pizza, burrito pizza, goat cheese and pepper pizza, Tandoori, etc. it's kinda upscale, though, like a cafe with individualistic chefs. It's so yummy and unique.

My other fave is the Cheesecake Factory. Nuff said!

I have also traveled a lot and it is so fun seeing food from all over the world. For instance, i found it hilarious when I was in New Mexico and Texas how they have this big feud over who has "real" or the best mexican food. They both had great Mexican food! But, I also love california "Health Mex" style like fish tacos and other stuff that has lots of veggies and less cheese.

I had good bar-b-q in tennessee, the sauce is yummy. It's also funny how bar-b-q in the south has to do with the sauce, but when we say bar-b-q in california, it means we are going to cook on the bar-b-q, but not necessarily use bar-b-q sauce. Like whenever we have parties we "Q" up some burgers or Spicy sausages or even steaks!

Old 02-01-2001, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone!

AllieXO, you are right--Krispy Kreme is pretty much a southern/eastern thing. Out here in San Francisco, there is no such shop! Most San Franciscans here have never ever heard of the chain! Luckily when i went to Los Angeles i got to try them. I must say--there are DELICIOUS! Gosh i wish SF had a Krispy Kreme. I don't think that there are a lot of Krispy Kreme Donuts out here on the West Coast, though i might be wrong.

Well, I don't think that SF has anything "unique", but we are known for our sourdough and our Ghiradelli's Chocolate. Also the Chinese food here is great! There are Chinese restuarants anywhere you look LOL.

I wish that we had a Hardee's! We only have Jack in the box, BK, Mickey D's, and Carl's Jr.
Whoever said that they just got a Carl's Jr., congratulations!! Their burgers are fantastic--so juicy. Their breakfast stuff is great too.

SuperXO, i LOVE the cheesecake factory! I always go there have you tried their tiramisu and their strawberry shortcake (which has vanilla ice cream included too)? Great stuff. I have never been to CPK--i wonder if SF has it?

[This message has been edited by sammie17 (edited February 01, 2001).]
Old 02-01-2001, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

SuperXO,

One of my pledge brothers worked at CPK and I agree their food was pretty good. They have one near George Mason in Fairfax, Virginia. I'm pretty sure they have one in Sacramento, CA. too. I remember that one time visiting my grandfather. There are some great places in San Fran. There are so many different places to eat. I like Fishermans Wharf and definitely china town. GH chocklates are nice too.
Old 02-01-2001, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Just a couple of replies:

*AlphaChiGirl: I just read on projo.com that a company names the Jan Group (I think) just bought the rights to build 30 or so Krispy Kreme shops in RI. Check out the website and you can read the article.

*SuperXO: I LOVE CHEESECAKE FACTORY!!! I go there at least once a month. It sucks that they don't take reservations, though. We always have to wait at least 1 hour! We have waited as long as 4 hours just to eat there once!!! We passed the time at our other fave restaurant, DAVE AND BUSTER'S!! I am so happy that kids are not allowed in after a certain time!

I cannot stand garlic so I cannot go to CPK. I went once and was sick from the smell for 2 days. The garlic smell was in my hair, my clothes, EVERYWHERE!! ACK!!!!!
Old 02-02-2001, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

sigmagrrl, you are hard core for waiting for 4 hours! but, it is worth it!

By the way, sammie17, i believe Hardee's is the same thing as Carl's Jr. I've traveled all over the country, and while I have never eaten at Hardee's, it has that same Carl's Jr. star and their ads advertise some of the same burgers. pretty crazy, huh?

Something that I miss from traveling is these things I had in Mexican restaurants in New Mexico. They are fr desert and they are puffy and light and made of dough. You put honey or chocolate on them. They don't serve them in Mexican restaurants her and I am so sad! Anyone know t what they are called?
Old 02-02-2001, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Sammie17,

Those Jack in the box commericals are hillarious too. I remember one time at my grandfathers watching this commercial for Jack in the box. 2 Tacos for 99 cents. Jack is in his business jet giving advice to this kid on what to do with a buck in the drive through. I guess you'd have to really see it to get it.

Kevin
Old 02-02-2001, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Kevin,
I totally agree! Jack has the best commercials hands down! I love the one where some guy in his office is trying to come up with new marketing ideas, and Jack gives him this look and his head has a straight mouth instead of a smiley-mouht. i don't know why, but that's so funny to me! Or the new one with the fast food taste tester. Oh! they are all hilarious!
Old 02-02-2001, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Kevin,
I totally agree! Jack has the best commercials hands down! I love the one where some guy in his office is trying to come up with new marketing ideas, and Jack gives him this look and his head has a straight mouth instead of a smiley-mouth. i don't know why, but that's so funny to me! Or the new one with the fast food taste tester. Oh! they are all hilarious!
Old 02-02-2001, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

They are definitely all hillarious. I have seen the marketing one, but not the food testing one. Every time I've watched one of those commercials I'm left thinking what the heck was that. Anyways, I have one other favorite in mind. The You've got milk commerical where there are these three ghetto looking mobsters in a dinner and this old man who comes up to bum rush them with a head butt. Then they dash out to their cars. Too funny.
Old 02-03-2001, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperXO:
sigmagrrl, you are hard core for waiting for 4 hours! but, it is worth it!

By the way, sammie17, i believe Hardee's is the same thing as Carl's Jr. I've traveled all over the country, and while I have never eaten at Hardee's, it has that same Carl's Jr. star and their ads advertise some of the same burgers. pretty crazy, huh?

Something that I miss from traveling is these things I had in Mexican restaurants in New Mexico. They are fr desert and they are puffy and light and made of dough. You put honey or chocolate on them. They don't serve them in Mexican restaurants her and I am so sad! Anyone know t what they are called?
The doughnut things are called Sopapillas. They have them at this mexican chain restaurant called Ponchos. There's one in New Orleans, I don't know where any others are. Its a pretty cool place. Its kind of like a cafeteria - you go through a line and pick out the type of plate you want and what food you want. But you can get an 'all you can eat' plate, where you get one plate in the line, and then the waitress will keep bringing you food. To get the waitress' attention, you raise a little Mexican flag on your table. You also raise the flag when you want more taco chips or sopapillas.