GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,402
2 members and 2,400 guests
Cookiez17, Sciencewoman

Old 08-10-2000, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

hmm, if you took a barbie that moves her lips, and a barbie that swims...would she drown?

buu_theatrics....are you SURE ken's collecting alimony? barbie STILL has the money to pay for all her stuff and ken's been wearing the same broke-ass golf outfit since the early 80's.

and are you SURE that barbie wasn't the one getting married? does that mean that KEN married the friend? barbie was a MISTRESS? hey, maybe barbie was like heidi fleiss and sort of tricked out her girl, but she ended up falling in love with ken anyway. hey, it could have happened. and yes, barbie's middle name IS millicent. babs millie roberts...the third....

etienne
sigma alpha iota
and if my sisters knew i was on here talking about BARBIE....i thnk they'd vote me out of presidency....

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2000, 02:51 PM
c&c1913

Talking

I didn't know Barbie and Ken were married!?! I thought they were just shacking up.
What about the kids she keeps having? Are they Ken's also? I think one belongs to G.I. Joe!
Old 08-10-2000, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by c&c1913:
I didn't know Barbie and Ken were married!?! I thought they were just shacking up.
What about the kids she keeps having? Are they Ken's also? I think one belongs to G.I. Joe!
WHO GOT KIDS????
Boy, What rock have I been living under??

Old 08-10-2000, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL!!! This is hilarious! I love this topic! Yeah I remember when Barbie had kids, but maybe that was one of her friends now that I think about it. But maybe not <shrug>. Ok, I think maybe Barbie and Ken didn't get married. Remember Skipper? And didn't she have a man? Oh wait, wait, wait, I got it! Barbie and Ken had 2 friends named Tracy and Todd! THEY got married!! I'm almost positive it was them. Does anyone remember them or am I just going crazy?!
Old 08-10-2000, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

zchi4life,

tracy and todd?! i CAN'T believe you came up with that...you're RIGHT! tracy had red hair! i remember i thought that was cool cause i have red hair too. i don't think barbie and ken actually had CHILDREN. i know there was skipper, which was barbie's little sister...and kendra who came later, which was ANOTHER little sister. *and where are barbie's parents, i ask you??* there WAS a barbie which was "pregnant" and you could "take out" the baby/fetus but this was taken off the shelves rather quickly because it 1. gave children the idea that babies came from mother's "stomachs" and 2. you could pop off the front of her stomach and take out the child. not too anatomically correct. so i don't think barbie actually HAD children...maybe she was just the eternal babysitter.

and about g.i.joe being a secret father of barbie's alleged children, i say definately. ken was SUCH a wuss! remember the "cool" version of ken that came with the earring? it was rumored that this version of ken looked to "homosexual" and was snatched up by gay men everywhere. seriously, ken was a pansy. barbie wanted a real man, ken was off playing golf or something *probably with tracy's husband todd" and g.i. joe was her "real american hero". 'nuff said.

one more quick thing: i'd be VERY interested to know what the guys on this board think about this whole conversation. i know they've gotta be sitting at thier computers, reading these posts and thinking "no WONDER i still don't understand women...i'm trying to create serious topics and they're talking about barbie dolls". but we ladies ALL know this is a VERY serious topic...

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-10-2000, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
I wonndered what happened to Barbie's parents also cause the girl has more siblings then I have fingers.

Let's see:

There's Skipper,Kelly,Kendra,Marge(I think),and I'msure Barbie has a little brother too
Old 08-11-2000, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I say that they are all Barbie's illegitamat children and she just took them back when they got older and acted like they were siblings.
Old 08-11-2000, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

You know, we could turn this into a very interestin soap opera! Barbie was never a kid, huh? That's where the mystery begins........
Old 08-11-2000, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

midge WAS a friend of barbie's. my mother has a midge doll in our basement with HER barbie collection. midge was a brunette with freckles and a flip hairdo. my mom also has this red headed barbie doll...sultry-lookin' little chicky, she is. i remember a later version of midge that came out when i was a little girl...but i never had her.

**i HATE to divert the attention of the grup from barbie, but does anyone remember that barbie imposter from yesteryear, maxie?? my little sister had one. just wondering**

and about the barbie soap opera...i'll write the screenplay if i can be casted in it, too!!

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------

Old 08-11-2000, 06:47 PM
Artimis

Quote:
Originally posted by ZChi4Life:
LOL!!! This is hilarious! I love this topic! Yeah I remember when Barbie had kids, but maybe that was one of her friends now that I think about it. But maybe not <shrug>. Ok, I think maybe Barbie and Ken didn't get married. Remember Skipper? And didn't she have a man? Oh wait, wait, wait, I got it! Barbie and Ken had 2 friends named Tracy and Todd! THEY got married!! I'm almost positive it was them. Does anyone remember them or am I just going crazy?!
Not sure on the bride's name but that was the bride grooms name. I always thought that the Todd doll looked sooo much nicer then ken

Old 08-12-2000, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I had a Midge doll, who was she?? Was she related to Barbie, or was she just friends?
And the one in a Hawaiian oufit-who was she? It seems like forever ago...!
Old 08-12-2000, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone,
I had the Maxie doll too (remember her cartoon? Why did she get a cartoon, but Barbie didn't? Or did Barbie have a cartoon?) Anyway, Maxie wasn't as cool as Barbie b/c she had bigger feet...they were huge compared to Barbie's. I think she was bigger overall. But even though she had big feet, at least her shoes stayed on better than Barbie's did. Man, all my Barbies were shoeless! LOL But ya know, I liked Maxie's car...remember she had a little 4 x 4? That was sweet cuz I wanted a Jeep when I was little. But of course Barbie had that Ferrari, the house (wait, she had HOMES didn't she?), she had Ken and probably G.I Joe. Like that shirt says, that B**** had EVERYTHING!!!

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited August 12, 2000).]
Old 08-12-2000, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I just had my co-workedread this topic (he's a man of course)
and he says we are some sick women with toooo much time on our hands,

I say that we are well-defined females who have an imaginative mind
Old 08-12-2000, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Men! Can't live w/ them, can't live w/ out them I think this is the funniest thread I've ever read!
Old 08-12-2000, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Wow! I never knew she had a last name. I always thought she was just "BARBIE"! It's a good thing people watch "....Millionaire"
'cause I'd of never known that!!!!!!

Katelyn

[This message has been edited by Katelyn (edited August 12, 2000).]