GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,123
2 members and 2,121 guests
John, Low D Flat

Old 06-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofHguy90 View Post
Yeah he was foul for it,and I would've stuck around to be voted in or out but after that rush event, all the guys from the undergrad. started to ignore me,so I took a hint,lol. From my understanding it has nothing to do with the schools but with "beef" between chapters of the same fraternities. The easiest way for me to do that is I would have o transfer to TSU for a semester,pledge, the transfer back to U of H
If you want it, you should just do it. I knew a dude in my frat who went to Columbus State University but pledged at OSU. It worked out for dude, too. If I was you, I'd be like fuck the mofos who are trippin on your race, because you can't please everybody. You feel me? I'd just transfer, pledge, and transfer back if you decide you want to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Based on his username, it looks like he attends University of Houston. I believe they have separate chapters, not city-wide.
Good observation, I just peeped that after you pointed it out.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
If you want it, you should just do it. I knew a dude in my frat who went to Columbus State University but pledged at OSU. It worked out for dude, too. If I was you, I'd be like fuck the mofos who are trippin on your race, because you can't please everybody. You feel me? I'd just transfer, pledge, and transfer back if you decide you want to go back.

I am actually really considering doing that when I return in a couple semesters. I have come to the conclusion that it really is just the U of H chapters,and not the fraternities themselves.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps it's my non-NPHC mind saying this, but I think it's fucking stupid to transfer for the sole purpose of rushing. None of the NPHC organization are going anywhere anytime soon. If you're interested and it's not an option at your school -- wait. Don't fuck up a UH education to see if you can possibly pledge elsewhere.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Perhaps it's my non-NPHC mind saying this, but I think it's fucking stupid to transfer for the sole purpose of rushing. None of the NPHC organization are going anywhere anytime soon. If you're interested and it's not an option at your school -- wait. Don't fuck up a UH education to see if you can possibly pledge elsewhere.
How would going to one school fuck up the education at another?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
How would going to one school fuck up the education at another?
You said transfer to Southern, pledge, then transfer back.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You said transfer to Southern, pledge, then transfer back.
Yes,I'm still not sure how this would screw up an education though. I would probably do the minimum 6 hours for finacial aid and the class would most likely a "core" class, so it would no doubt transfer.

Last edited by UofHguy90; 06-16-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Banned

This thread was not supposed to be about the OP. It was supposed to be a FIGHT THE POWER thread. A smart NPHC aspirant, who is as well-researched as the OP claims to be, would neither need nor be receptive to the obviously dumb advice in this thread. What is the likelihood that GC would get a naive and gullible NPHC aspirant who also happens to be a white man who felt rejected? To what do we owe this honor.

Quote:
That is not a non-NPHC mind. Wise and experienced NPHCers would never recommend someone transfer to pursue an NPHC GLO. Transferring does not mean you will be accepted. If you are accepted, you will most likely be ostracized by both chapters if you transfer back to the first school.

ETA: Even if you do not transfer back to School 1 after being accepted, NPHCers interact with members from all over the place. You may end up ostracized once the fraternity/sorority members from School 1 find out where you went.

Last edited by DrPhil; 06-16-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
That is not a non-NPHC mind. Wise and experienced NPHCers would never recommend someone transfer to pursue an NPHC GLO. Transferring does not mean you will be accepted. If you are accepted, you will most likely be ostracized by both chapters if you transfer back to the first school.
That's my thinking, but I didn't want to speak definitively on it.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This thread was not supposed to be about the OP. It was supposed to be a FIGHT THE POWER thread. A smart NPHC aspirant, who is as well-researched as the OP claims to be, would neither need nor be receptive to the obviously dumb advice in this thread. What is the likelihood that GC would get a naive and gullible NPHC aspirant who also happens to be a white man who felt rejected? To what do we owe this honor.

For someone who doesn't like this thread and thinks it is "redundant", I love how you keep coming in to offer opinions. I must ask though, are you even in a D9 organization? Your previous post in this thread kind of indicate to at least me that your not.

As far as this being a "FIGHT THE POWER thread" you are incorrect on that assumption,because that in its self would be redundant seeing as I would like to one day be apart of a D9 fraternity.Also,I would like for you to show the quote were I made the statement of "being well-researched". All I have offered is my experience and personal opinions on this topic.As far as the whole transferring to pledge then transfer back I agree it isn't the best idea, but I have seen it work. I had a good friend of mine pledge Omega Delta Phi and UH but after a few months he had issues with certain people in that chapter and he stopped messing with his chapter and went to the TSU chapter and was still attending UH at first. Was the Pi chapter upset? Yes and No,but he didn't have any problems with the TSU chapter.

Last edited by UofHguy90; 06-16-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
As far as the whole transferring to pledge then transfer back I agree it isn't the best idea, but I have seen it work. I had a good friend of mine pledge Omega Delta Phi and UH but after a few months he had issues with certain people in that chapter and he stopped messing with his chapter and went to the TSU chapter and was still attending UH at first. Was the Pi chapter upset? Yes and No,but he didn't have any problems with the TSU chapter.
NOW I know you're full of shit.

Goodbye, and good luck.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Goodbye, and good luck.
And what makes me full of shit?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
For someone who doesn't like this thread and thinks it is "redundant", I love how you keep coming in to offer opinions. I must ask though, are you even in a D9 organization? Your previous post in this thread kind of indicate to at least me that you're not.
Swift like Taylor. Can't get anything past you.

Quote:
As far as this being a "FIGHT THE POWER thread" you are incorrect on that assumption,because that in its self would be redundant seeing as I would like to one day be apart of a D9 fraternity.Also,I would like for you to show the quote were I made the statement of "being well-researched". All I have offered is my experience and personal opinions on this topic.As far as the whole transferring to pledge then transfer back I agree it isn't the best idea, but I have seen it work. I had a good friend of mine pledge Omega Delta Phi and UH but after a few months he had issues with certain people in that chapter and he stopped messing with his chapter and went to the TSU chapter and was still attending UH at first. Was the Pi chapter upset? Yes and No,but he didn't have any problems with the TSU chapter.
Quote:

Goodbye, and good luck.
It is fun that greeklifebb has been in predominantly white environments all of her life and now wants to be apart of the NPC but is afraid of white racism; and UofHguy90 has been in predominantly Black environments all of his life and now wants to be apart of the NPHC but is afraid of Black exclusion.

To what does GC owe this honor? Chuck D loves it and Flava Flav says "yeeeeeeeahhhhhh...boyyyyyyyyyy...."

Last edited by DrPhil; 06-16-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Swift like Taylor. Can't get anything past you.

It is fun that greeklifebb has been in predominantly white environments all of her life and now wants to be apart of the NPC but is afraid of white racism; and UofHguy90 has been in predominantly Black environments all of his life and now wants to be apart of the NPHC but is afraid of Black exclusion.

To what does GC owe this honor? Chuck D loves it and Flava Flav says "yeeeeeeeahhhhhh...boyyyyyyyyyy...."
Oh come on you can troll better than this, I'm kind of disappointed
Old 06-16-2012, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh common you can troll better than this, I'm kind of disappointed

Old 06-16-2012, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh common you can troll better than this, I'm kind of disappointed
Hey DrPhil, is he calling you common?