GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,257
2 members and 2,255 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 06-04-2001, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AXPAlum
Just another way to show how times have truly changed I suppose, I saw this article on the dke website. Supposedly this is some of the pranks and humor that was going at Dartmouth "back in the day." I don't know about you guys, but I thought it was more hilarious than shocking to read about.
http://dke.org/wsjanimal.html
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2001, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Wink

Boy I can't wait until "the machine" starts making headlines again at Dartmouth. Does anyone else know if theta nu epsilon is still active at your school?
Old 06-08-2001, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RUgreek:
Boy I can't wait until "the machine" starts making headlines again at Dartmouth. Does anyone else know if theta nu epsilon is still active at your school?
I found the TNE website last summer I think, and out of curiosity called the number given. I think one guy is running the operation. He told me they restarted a citywide chapter in Chicago, and asked if I'd be interested in restarting one at Rose/ISU. The details are a bit hazy, it's been about 9-10 months, but i think that's the jist of it. It was an interesting coversation to say the least!

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 06-11-2001, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Corbin Dallas:
I found the TNE website last summer I think, and out of curiosity called the number given. I think one guy is running the operation. He told me they restarted a citywide chapter in Chicago, and asked if I'd be interested in restarting one at Rose/ISU. The details are a bit hazy, it's been about 9-10 months, but i think that's the jist of it. It was an interesting coversation to say the least!

Hey Corbin,

Wow, that's pretty cool you actually were able to get in touch with them... heh, they are still trying to get societies started again, damn. I don't know what their future is gonna be, but I think there might be an increase in underground organizations.

Thanks for the info, later!

- RUgreek
Old 06-11-2001, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Wow, Skulls and Keys. Haven't herd from them in a while. I was also curios about them and called the number. Nobody answered. If I remmemberd my history correctly, didn't they had a really bad reputation. Isn't there also other underground society such as the Ivy Club.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Arya:
Wow, Skulls and Keys. Haven't herd from them in a while. I was also curios about them and called the number. Nobody answered. If I remmemberd my history correctly, didn't they had a really bad reputation. Isn't there also other underground society such as the Ivy Club.
I don't really know too much about the history of the Ivy Club, as far as I can tell the first one still exists at Princeton and all they seem to be is the classic eating club. My fraternity was originally the Ivy Club before it joined together to become a fraternity. If anyone knows more about them, I'd be interested in hearing about it as well....

Old 06-12-2001, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

I'm a brother of zeta psi here in canada, in fact i'm from the very same chapter as ed...only he's a lil older than me.

no one's perfect, everyone makes a joke at someone else's expense sometime in their life. you've done it pledge trainer, theta cutie cas too. some are very bad, and ill-timed.

everyone's blown this way out of proportion, i believe the article said something about a drunk girl fucking some guy at a party, IT WASN"T EVEN A ZETE...she then told everyone that SHE LIED, it NEVER happened...and the only thing i heard about date rape was a lil aside in the paper about next week? now i only have what has been shown to me to go on, but i can't see where the dartmouth guys went wrong, no date rape, no zete involved, hmmm, then why are ppl upset? cuz of a bad joke?
wow you guys down there are touchy, maybe that's why u need guns all the time.
if i've offended any zetes, u can come get me in washinton, i'll be at convention...to everyone who matters to me i'll be around. in TKPhi Jonesy.
if anyone knows what the above means u might see why i wrote what i did. (oh and if some of this don't make sense, it's 3 in the morning, i'm going to bed)
Old 06-12-2001, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AXPAlum
I think people are looking too far into this whole zetemouth paper. The adminstrators at Dartmouth are itching for the very slightest screw up as an excuse to disenfranchise each greek organization at the school. I think we've all realized that everything fraternities do is not going to be treated as a joke or accepted as harmless fun. People like to believe that things these groups use to get away with back many years ago will still be the norm. Unfortunately, this is not the case and all greeks are a hot topic in the media. Just remember the real reasons why you joined your organizations and then you'll realize that anything they print doesn't change what you are. On a separate note, I hope zeta psi does not give up fighting the conservative adminstration at their school. I think what they did was right, but I do believe they got the book thrown at them. Never give up fighting, you have the right to say whatever you want!