GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,443
2 members and 2,441 guests
3DGator, zagelpitto2616

Old 08-09-2002, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady
Cool Good Luck of Course

I wish you all the best of luck during recruitment time.Everyone's rush starts all at different times.I'm gonna be going crazy with checking GC every chance I get.

Just think of this Greeks....We are all gaining sisters this semester ...God this is soo beautiful.I think Im gonna get a lil teary eyed(*sniff *sniff).

I want our rush to start now...but I can wait till September 12th..WooHooo!!

Once again..Good Luck PNM'S and wear your letters with pride,b/c being Greek is being proud of who you are.Did that sound Corny? O well I am a Cornball..Bye!!
Psi Zeta Chapter
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2002, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MelissaS
I'm rushing this year as a sophomore at University of Rhode Island. I rushed last year but things didn't work out (long story). I'm really hoping that they do this time!! Rush is at the end of September, and the sororities are:

Alpha Phi
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Xi Delta
Chi Omega
Delta Zeta
Phi Sigma Sigma
Sigma Delta Tau
Sigma Kappa

I know what to expect this time around, and everything I've read here has been VERY helpful. So I'm much better prepared than I was a year ago!! I'm still nervous, but also very excited and hopeful that I'll soon be a part of one of these wonderful organizations.

Last edited by MelissaS; 08-09-2002 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

i am

i am rushing at oregon state university... lots of chapters... alpha chi omega, alpha xi delta, alpha gamma delta, alpha phi, delta delta delta, delta gamma, kappa kappa gamma, kappa alpha theta, kappa delta, pi beta phi, sigma kappa, and chi omega! i am a sophomore so i already have an idea of which houses i am interested in... still keeping an open mind... i have legacy with tri delta and alpha chi omega as well as a second cousin that was a theta

Last edited by MsVixen; 08-09-2002 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to uwgirl
UW-Madison rush!

Hi, I'm going to be a freshman rushing at UW-Madison this fall, and I can't wait! I saw a post from another UW student, but I'll just repeat the sororities: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Epsilon Phi, Alpha Phi, Chi Omega, Tri Delta, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, and Sigma Delta Tau. It looks like there's a recruitment picnic on August 31 and recruitment orientation on September 5. Any others rushing a sorority at UW or already in one? Any sorority members that can give advice? I look forward to chatting with you!
Old 08-11-2002, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via AIM to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via Yahoo to HeavenslilAngel
I just wanted to wish all the PNM's good luck! I joined my local (which is now a colony of Alpha Sigma Alpha) through COB so I'm a little nervous myself since I never went through rush. But I am glad I am a rusher I'm just kinda shy at times. But like I said Good luck to everyone PNM's and actives and I look forward to reading ya'll's rush experiences.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Melissa S-

URI is better than most campuses for "sophomore rush" so don't be worried about your academic standing getting in the way of the house of your dreams!!!

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2002, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaXiDiva
Talking

Hey all potential sorors! This is my first post, but I just wanted to say good luck to all you out there and to remind you to take it all in as open mindedly as you can. As exciting as rush was for me as a second semester frosh at Univ of Redlands, I would never do it again! It's a very fun, but anxious experience! There are just locals on my campus, so I chose the one with the coolest, closest women around: alpha xi omicron. If there are any girls who are headed for Redlands this fall, drop me a note!
And good luck to all the actives out there! If you all are half as excited as I am, you'll have blast with all the new girls!
Old 08-11-2002, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
Wink

I will be rushing at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville Texas ! I am super excited
Old 08-12-2002, 10:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Good Luck to all of the rushees!!
Old 08-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Just like to say, don't piss anybody off. You never know who he or she is. Remember, Karma Police is patrolling during Rush Weeks. And Karma Police will get you and they will arrest you.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThielGirlie
Just wanted to give a big shoutout to all the girls going through recruitment in the next couple weeks! Can't wait to read all your stories and the threads that have already been started! :-D My school's informal is Sept. 9-13 and bid day is the 14th... so I have a while before I can start the official ThielGirlie rush thread (I can't wait!). Best of luck, and have fun!
Old 08-12-2002, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

All you rushees should start new threads for your rush stories! We just love reading them!

BTW, I did manage to get a job, so I will be able to participate in the ZTA colony's rush. It starts in mid-September, and I'll be sure to fill you all in on the process.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Allie--

Was wondering how yoru first day went!! Post and let us all know

Quote:
Originally posted by Alison-Marie
I'm rushing at UCF in less than a week! I go over next Tuesday, and Recruitment is Tue-Sun.

I just wanted to thank all of you who have given me advice. I also wanted to say what a great internet community this is. Very supportive, of each other and of the girls who ask questions about rushing, even if the question has been asked ten times before.

Whatever happens next week, I'm glad I found GC. I'll let y'all know next Sunday what happened.

-Allie
Old 08-14-2002, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thetakates
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeta Eta
We rush sophomores and Juniors in fall and then freshman in Winter

Does anyone else think it is wierd to rush freshman in the fall? I was just wondering because at my school we rush them in the fall like 2 weeks after school starts, but it seems like they dont even have enough time to get used to campus life before they are jumping into rush! Biut that is just hte way it seems to me.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
I don't think i would have rushed in the fall if we could have. I would have wanted to get acclimated first and also get to know my roomate and the girls on my hall really well before rush started so that i would have had a strong support system set in place first.

anywhoo, so who is next after the carnation twins to rush???
PLEASE start threads! Us old alum (ok, im not that old i graduated in 2000) look forwad to your stories...they make work go by faster! Let us know!
-Maggie