GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086

Old 01-24-2002, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

spring rush

our spring rush is typically a lot more difficult with the pledge classes being drastically smaller. our rush is about to start in a couple of weeks, and i was curious if anyone had the same problem in the spring, and if so if they tried anything different during their PR week that seemed to help. the only new thing we are trying now is a mass email to girls who are not in a sorority, i think it should help some.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-04-2002, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Well, it all depends on your rush budget. Money is always a factor. Email is always a good way to contact perspectives. Also, if you have campus computer labs, print up some flyers with a few catchy one-liners, if they are paid for by the university of course, that can be very cost efficient.

d

Last edited by damasa; 02-05-2002 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush

Well I'm an alumnae now so I helped the girls out because we were having this problem also. We rush with the other sororities at our school and they basically screwed around this semester and did not put any effort into rush whatsoever. So what I did was contact our alumnae and asked for donations. Then I got the freshman and sophomore mailing lists from school and made over 400 pamphlets to mail out to them. So my sorority is having it own separate rush this week. Looks pretty good so far. A lot of the girls didn't even know that there were sororities at my school.

have a nice day
Old 02-07-2002, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Tallahassee, Florida, USA and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Sisterplum
We generally have lower numbers in our spring rush than in our fall rush (I know...I pledged in spring with a class of 3....the fall class before me had 7!!!) We generally have low class numbers anyway....but this year for our fall rush we ended up with a class of 2 and our current spring class is up to 5! I think the main reason is cause in our fall class one girl joined and her twin sister thought it looked like fun, so now she's pledging with 2 of her friends!!!!

Good luck with all of your rush/pledging periods y'all!
Old 02-16-2002, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DizzySpell Send a message via Yahoo to DizzySpell
Yeah we have the same problem. Our last class was 6 strong while my class was only 4. I think more girls pledge in the fall because they start off in a new year of college. When we call them to pledge in the spring most have joined another sorority! lol