GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,102
4 members and 2,098 guests
John

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2008, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

financial issues

Alrighty, well this fall I will be a senior, and I just got my SAT scores back and found out that I qualify for automatic admissions at Texas A&M (my dream school). That was quite a relief, for like 3 seconds, because then my parents started freaking about the costs. Due to a divorce and some really sucky divorce lawyers, my parents will not be helping me pay for my education. Because of this i am aware of and fine with the fact that student loans and debt is an unavoidable part of my future. I've been looking at places like myrichuncle.com just to kinda get the feel for student loans and such. Last year I really started looking into greek life and I think that it is something i really want to be apart of. I also know it has dues. They advertise that some student loans will be sent to you not the school, for any educational costs (such as room board transportation books etc,) would sorority dues fall into that category? I'm pretty sure that I could make the argument that it is beneficial to my educational expierence but I just wanted to check with people that would know before I get my hopes up or anything. I know it may be a smidge early to worry about this, but I'm just a worrier by nature. Thanks for your help!