GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,143
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, liscahvs8263
» Online Users: 847
0 members and 847 guests
No Members online

Old 11-10-2010, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Made a mistake by depledging?

I depledged a sorority at school last semester. I'm currently a junior now. I haven't stopped thinking about what would have happened if I hadn't depledged and just stuck through it. I was doing terrible in school and had to drop a class, also failing 2 other exams I took while pledging. I only had a week left of pledging when I did decide to depledge. I just want to stop thinking about this sorority and seeing how much fun the girls are having and wondering what would have happened. I love Greek life and all it has to offer but my grades suffered because of it. I have tons of dreams too about me being in the sorority or me begging them to take me back. What do I do?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatif9 View Post
I depledged a sorority at school last semester. I'm currently a junior now. I haven't stopped thinking about what would have happened if I hadn't depledged and just stuck through it. I was doing terrible in school and had to drop a class, also failing 2 other exams I took while pledging. I only had a week left of pledging when I did decide to depledge. I just want to stop thinking about this sorority and seeing how much fun the girls are having and wondering what would have happened. I love Greek life and all it has to offer but my grades suffered because of it. I have tons of dreams too about me being in the sorority or me begging them to take me back. What do I do?
QFP
Old 11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

sorry but what is QFP
Old 11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
1. You can't love Greek Life because you haven't experienced it.

2. You can let it go or try again. Just realize that your chances are going to be very low, considering your class standing and previous sorority involvement.

There's really nothing else you can do.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Have you stayed in touch with the girls in the sorority at all?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Trust the decision you made and move on from there. As far as college life, your classes should be your first priority always, so it sounds like you made a good decision.

QFP is quoted for posterity, so we know what you said originally if you go back and edit your post.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
sorry but what is QFP
Quoted for posterity...so, in case you delete the original post, it's still showing in the repost.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

If you were having trouble academically, the decision about initiation might have been made for you anyway.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:55 PM

It's hard to say what you should do.

They are under no obligation to repledge you.

If you have not kept in touch with these women, and you go back and say that you'd like to join again, they might say "tough luck."

Also, consider the fact that even if they DO want to extend you a bid, they may not be in the position to do so if they are at total.

Something else: Ask yourself "What is going to be different this time?" Do you have the time to commit to this group?

There is no point in trying to join again if you are just going to end up ovewhelmed and doing the same thing again.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
1. You can't love Greek Life because you haven't experienced it.

2. You can let it go or try again. Just realize that your chances are going to be very low, considering your class standing and previous sorority involvement.

There's really nothing else you can do.
alright then how about i love the IDEA of Greek Life. just sucks that I'm already a junior. I just need to focus on my school work so I can try and get into medical school and just forget about it. I'm sure when I get older and am out of college it won't be that big of a deal, its just hard seeing everyone around campus and knowing that I was once close with them but our friendship has drifted apart because I depledged. Thanks for everyone's input though it helped.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

You're just going to have to suck it up and try again. I'd START with your previous chapter because maybe they were very sad to see you go and understood your predicament. If that fails, go through informal, but realize your chances aren't great.

Commitment is something that a lot of people learn the value of the hard way.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Are we talking about NPC? Did you go through formal recruitment last spring? There's a lot that isn't clear from your initial post.