GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 746
0 members and 746 guests
No Members online

Old 02-02-2018, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Yale sororities create “creepy guy” list

https://nypost.com/2018/02/01/yale-s...reep-them-out/

1) good for Theta and Pi Phi
3) the former president of DKE has the 1st name of “Puke”?
Old 02-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Dang. We could've used one in Auburn back in the day. I can still remember which names I would've put on it.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

LMAO, it’s a typo—“Luke” is the name. Freudian slip, perhaps?
Old 02-02-2018, 08:24 PM

Good for Theta and Pi Phi? No, not really. They could "flag" a guy for no other reason than that the guy expressed interest and they didn't reciprocate.

If you don't like a lot of members of a fraternity, you just don't mix with the fraternity. You don't single people out for random reasons and expect their brothers to dump them just because you say so. Can you imagine if men did this to women?

Also - "events hosted by the sororities"? That sounds like sororities are holding parties in their houses which is obviously against policies. If they're talking about date parties or formals, a better idea would be to talk to a sister about her questionable taste rather than create a blacklist.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Good for Theta and Pi Phi? No, not really. They could "flag" a guy for no other reason than that the guy expressed interest and they didn't reciprocate.

If you don't like a lot of members of a fraternity, you just don't mix with the fraternity. You don't single people out for random reasons and expect their brothers to dump them just because you say so. Can you imagine if men did this to women?

Also - "events hosted by the sororities"? That sounds like sororities are holding parties in their houses which is obviously against policies. If they're talking about date parties or formals, a better idea would be to talk to a sister about her questionable taste rather than create a blacklist.
While there are obvious problems with making this a published list, I disagree with some of these points.

I'll take my chapter, for example. There's a brother of a fraternity with which we're very close (one of their brothers is our sweetheart), but one of the brothers makes sisters very uncomfortable, to the point of tears. Not because of sexual misconduct or "unreciprocated interest," but because of comments he makes about members of the LGBT+ and disability communities. Obviously this is an isolated situation, but I can see this being a reason for such acknowledgement within a chapter.

As for "events hosted by sororities," I read that as things like formals, date parties, etc. Probably not philanthropies, but similar registered events where sisters are in charge of who attends.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:05 PM

That's when you say to the sweetheart "hey Joe, Mark is being a real jagoff with some of the things he's saying. 33girl's mom is in a wheelchair and when he made that crack about all disabled people should be euthanized, it made her extremely upset. He's making some sisters not want to come around the fraternity at all."

If Mark realizes that actual specific humans he knows are being upset by actual specific things he says, that'll help more than sensitivity training or putting his name on a "creep list." And if he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, then maybe the fraternity will reconsider his fitness for brotherhood. But that's their choice to make. Not a sorority's. If they want to stand behind his disgusting comments and lose the goodwill of an entire sorority for it, that's their choice too.

The difference is you have a specific behavior he's doing and can be pointed out rather than just the vague "he makes me uncomfortable."
Old 02-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

agree with 33. Lowering themselves to the level of some fraternities who made lists we’ve talked about on GC doesn’t give them power. It makes them seem like petty bullies.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd say there is a big difference between fraternities making list of women they find either attractive or repulsive, and sororities making lists of men they are uncomfortable around. Pretty sure seeing ugly women is a cakewalk compared to the possibility, all too real, of being assaulted or worse.

That said, I don't know why they'd make a list as opposed to telling a few sisters.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't speak for my fraternity or for that Theta chapter. I speak as a person with my own opinion. This is not good, people. Not good at all, for multiple reasons. Which you can list all on your own, you don't need me.

I'm with 33 & FSUZeta, and Belle on this one. Especially this: what's with making a list and publishing it? Good grief. Before the Internet we KNEW who was creepy! We told each other. How hard is that? Oh wait, this is the generation that does everything by text because talking face to face is too challenging. /sarcasm

SMH.

Sigh.

My eyes are rolling so far back in my head I can see yesterday.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
To the degree the list would include some reasoning behind the inclusion of a person's name, that could be helpful. If it's just a list of names, a person could be on there for anything from offensive jokes to outright sexual assault.

That said, I don't have a problem with gals sharing this info with each other anymore than I have a problem with test banks.
A GD