GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,495
3 members and 2,492 guests
No Members online

Old 08-01-2000, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Questions!!! Please answer me...

What questions do most members ask the rushees? I would like to know what kinda questions I might should prepare for ("like whose your hero?"). Thanks you guys! You are all so wonderful for helping out us nervous soon to be rushees!!! Luv ya!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-01-2000, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

at my school no houses asked corny questions like "who's your hero" type stuff. it was more of basic, getting-to-know-you questions about your background, such as
--where are you from? what high school? (if most rushees are from around the same geographical area)
--how do you like college so far? what dorm are you in? what classes are you registered for?
--what did you do over the summer? what did you do last night?
--have you decided on a major yet? are you involved in any campus activities yet?

these are the sorts of questions that you will almost inevitably get asked. a really good rushee, however, will take the conversation beyond this with a funny anecdote or by finding something interesting in common with the sister she's chatting with. such as, people you both know at school, coming from the same hometown, having the same necklace, she lived in your dorm room last year, etc.
Old 08-01-2000, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
in addition to the basic 'get to know you' questions, be prepared to answer questions like:

- Why do you want to be Greek
- What can you offer our chapter
- What community service did you perform in high school. Do you like doing volunteer work?
- What leadership roles did you take high school and how has that prepared you for college?
- How do you plan to become involved on campus (most sorority members are active in one or more activities outside the house).
- Are you athletic? Do you plan on pursing a sport on campus?

Barb
-