GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,201
1 members and 1,200 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 07-28-2000, 05:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Please help me, I'm a soon-to-be rush....

I will be a freshman rush in a couple of weeks and I could use some advice because I have no idea what I'm doing. Their are 11 sororities at the college I'm going to attend.Please help me because I have no idea what to expect or prepare for. First off, what if I don't have any connections for rec's? Where will I stay during rush? And about these headshots, are sororities looking for a school picture, a cheesy glamorshots-type photo, or will a regular 4x6 good picture of me work? And what kind of greek information do I need to be equipt with prior to rush(ex.greek alphabet....). Besides the obvious, such as proper etiqite, friendliness, and being myself, how can I impress a sorority? How should I dress? And maybe someone could e-mail me where I can find all the basics to greek termanolgy. I would really appriate any help I could get. thanks alot, really
Old 07-28-2000, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm using my senior pictures. Good Luck! Also, see Southern Thetas post, its really helpful!
Old 07-28-2000, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Laurie,

The first thing you should do is contact the Panhellenic or Greek Life office on your chosen campus. You will need to register for Recruitment NOW. In the materials they will send you will be an application and suggestions for dress during the week.

If you do not know any sorority alumnae to write a recommendation, don't worry about it. It is the responsibility of the chapter, not the prospective member, to secure recommendations or letters of introduction.

As far as the Recruitment events go...just relax, have fun and be yourself. Ask questions about the chapter, their events, scholarship standing, activities on campus, etc. I have a Recruitment web page that answers the most basic questions and applies to all campuses:
http://panhellenic.tripod.com/FAQ.html

Good luck!

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.

Old 07-31-2000, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Laurie,

Are you by any chance attending OU?

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 08-04-2000, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Close. I will be attending OSU. A couple of my friends will be rushing at OU though. Why do you ask?
Old 08-06-2000, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Well you mentioned 11 NPC sororities (OU has that many, I beleive) and I saw your location (my hometown as well!)...so I wondered. If you were, I would say to contact the Panhellenic sororities advisor at OU, she's more than happy to answer questions. Best of luck with college and rush!

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies

[This message has been edited by equeen (edited August 06, 2000).]