GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,138
0 members and 2,138 guests
No Members online

Old 02-17-2012, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I just checked to see what was new for today, since it's Friday. I thought the new Ferris Bueller movie was starting this month -like, today.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Just got back from seeing The Vow. I think it was a beautiful story and not completely predictable. Slightly cheesy and Notebook-y but I liked it. I was left wanting a little bit more at the end but there was a flash of what happened to the couple the story is based on so I feel like I have closure even if the film itself didn't provide it.

Now if only someone could have done something about the loud mouth teenagers who talked through the WHOLE DAGGONE MOVIE. There were at least 15 of them, all in the row behind us. It was like a nighttime junior high field trip. Usually talking in the movies doesn't bother me but when it's over a dozen people talking to each other, I wanted to slap the mess out of all of them. The breaking point was when the one behind me answered his cell phone and put his feet up on my seat. I bucked hard in my chair to knock his feet off and gave him the eye. I would have gone to get an usher but it was right before the end of the movie and I didn't want to miss it.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
You liked that movie? Really? I mean, it was okay, I guess. It was kind of predictable, to me. Plus, some of the things they said about the wolves weren't true, but that's just me being me.
That movie was good as hell. You didn't like it? Those wolves tripped me the hell out. I said wtf at the parts when dude was collecting wallets. Who and the hell would go around collecting wallets when a mofo dies, just so he can send the shit to their families? I would have had to whoop dude's ass for that shit, LOL.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

We saw "This Means War" last night, and really enjoyed it. There were some predictable scenes, but it was the best I've seen in a while.

Stars Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy, two CIA operatives compete for Reese's character. Definitely a great date movie!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Just got back from seeing The Vow. I think it was a beautiful story and not completely predictable. Slightly cheesy and Notebook-y but I liked it. I was left wanting a little bit more at the end but there was a flash of what happened to the couple the story is based on so I feel like I have closure even if the film itself didn't provide it.

Now if only someone could have done something about the loud mouth teenagers who talked through the WHOLE DAGGONE MOVIE. There were at least 15 of them, all in the row behind us. It was like a nighttime junior high field trip. Usually talking in the movies doesn't bother me but when it's over a dozen people talking to each other, I wanted to slap the mess out of all of them. The breaking point was when the one behind me answered his cell phone and put his feet up on my seat. I bucked hard in my chair to knock his feet off and gave him the eye. I would have gone to get an usher but it was right before the end of the movie and I didn't want to miss it.
Friday night, I went with my son, who had come in from UT, to see The Woman in Black. We got there just as the movie was starting so could only find two seats together up in the back row (mom and son sitting up there ).

Anyway, there was a young couple sitting next to us (empty seat between my son and the young man), and they would NOT SHUT UP! So, I got up, moved over to the empty seat, and said, "Hey, you go to XX high school, huh?".

He said, "Do I know you?" I replied, "No, but I saw your letter jacket."

And then he said, "Why are you talking to me?" I said, "Well, y'all are carrying on a conversation, so I thought I'd join."

They gave me the biggest WTH look, but didn't say another thing!

I'm going to do that from now on. I guess some crazy lady sitting right next to you is a surefire way to shut up teenage boys.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally watched Moneyball this weekend. It was okay--even for a big baseball fan, I thought it dragged in places. I've been trying to watch all of the 2012 Best Picture nominees this season. Right now, I have 3 left (War Horse, Extremely Loud..., and Hugo). I haven't been interested in those three to see in the theater or with friends, so we'll see if I get around to watching them.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I said wtf at the parts when dude was collecting wallets. Who and the hell would go around collecting wallets when a mofo dies, just so he can send the shit to their families? I would have had to whoop dude's ass for that shit, LOL.
lol
Hilarious! Yep. I was thinking that too. I mean, I was thinking that it was important that their families should know just so they could have peace, but I don't think anyone would be thinking about that in that kind of life threatening situation. It's not that I didn't like it, I just thought it was kind of predictable.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Fiance and I saw The Vow this weekend. Pretty much exactly what I expected. Cute, a good story, but utterly predictable.

I think I'm going to see Safehouse this weekend.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
lol
Hilarious! Yep. I was thinking that too. I mean, I was thinking that it was important that their families should know just so they could have peace, but I don't think anyone would be thinking about that in that kind of life threatening situation. It's not that I didn't like it, I just thought it was kind of predictable.
LOL fuck that. If I'm in a life or death situation, I'm not thinking about dudes families n' shit, I'm thinking about my ass. LOL. I also checked out that movie you walked out on. The Tatoo movie. It was so bad, I forgot the name of it that quick. I checked it out at the dollar show last night. Me and my girl saw it, and we got into about an hour of it, and walked the fuck out of that piece LOL. I feel you, that movie sucked. I didn't know how James Bond dude's life and fat dude who was raping ol girl tied together. That was a shitty movie.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I also checked out that movie you walked out on. The Tatoo movie. It was so bad, I forgot the name of it that quick. I checked it out at the dollar show last night. Me and my girl saw it, and we got into about an hour of it, and walked the fuck out of that piece LOL. I feel you, that movie sucked. I didn't know how James Bond dude's life and fat dude who was raping ol girl tied together. That was a shitty movie.
I thought you said that you saw that movie, already? I think the only movie as bad if not worse than that one would be District 9. I still have yet to see the ultimate movie about ET life in the universe.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
I thought you said that you saw that movie, already? .
I did, but I didn't remember if I posted that I did. My girl wanted to see it, and even after I warned her about it, she still wanted to go. She was the main one who wanted to leave LOL.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw Moneyballl recently and agree that it does drag in places. However, it has Brad Pitt & he seems an ideal fit for the main character of Billy B. The story was really interesting even though I'm not a big baseball fan anymore. I thought it was a good movie overall & would suggest it to anyone.

We went to see the recent Star Wars movie in 3-D. It was good, but it cost $16.00 a person just to get in & see it in 3-D & on a large screen. This is why I prefer the less expensive theatres out in the suburbs - then you can afford popcorn & a drink, too.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I liked Safehouse. Definitely a DVD buy, when it comes out.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Looks like a bad movie weekend -nothing good playing. Heading out to listen to some jazz music, instead.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Looks like a bad movie weekend -nothing good playing.
You're not going to see Tyler Perry's Good Deeds? Me and my girl just got back from seeing it. I liked it.