GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,127
2 members and 2,125 guests
3DGator
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
ooooorrrrrr.........its a message board. Who cares.
<sigh!> You do! You're following me around again. Wow.. true love. And, it's Valentines Day! You're so romantic.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel View Post
wow... this thread is seven years old! How come you ressurected it? Just curious.
FYI, I ressurected it because the posts that are up *** are kinda boring, and kind of scared of their own shadows for some reason. It's like everyone is greek, but afraid to say actual letters.

Not sure what happened... But ohh well, I figure I'll find the actual interesting threads and post on them!

Last edited by banditone; 02-15-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
I ressurected it because the posts that are up now-adays are so boring
NOWADAYS??? You've been here for what? A month.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
FYI, I ressurected it because the posts that are up now-adays are so boring, and kind of scared of their own shadows for some reason. It's like everyone is greek, but afraid to say actual letters.

Not sure what happened... But ohh well, I figure I'll find the actual interesting threads and post on them!
No one's afraid to say actual letters. We do, however, try not to further stereotypes and rumors about the "best" and "worst" groups.

If stereotypes and rumors are what you find interesting, you probably won't like it here.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
NOWADAYS??? You've been here for what? A month.
edited it for ya
Old 02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
FYI, I ressurected it because the posts that are up *** are kinda boring, and kind of scared of their own shadows for some reason. It's like everyone is greek, but afraid to say actual letters.

It's not like everyone's afraid to say letters, they just don't want to post stereotypes. Which is really good.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

The point is that it doesn't matter what we individually think.... someone interested in joining a GLO needs to have an open mind and investigate the options in order to find their best fit.

I mean, I could say Omega Mu is the best sorority, but that doesn't mean its the best for that person.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Great Advice!!

This is some great advice! Seems like the best advice on this topic and is exactly what I would of said almost word for word.

~JaePee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnguinTrax View Post
HSSenior-

The 'best' sorority is the one in which you feel the most accepted and 'at home'. What might be a great chapter at one school, may not be as good at another school. Go into Formal Recruitment with an open mind. Research the national groups that are represented on the campus of your choice, see if the local chapters live up to their national goals and expectations and to yours.

Check out this Rush FAQ, I think it will help you a great deal.
http://panhellenic.tripod.com/FAQ.html

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lctxstate1
CHI OMEGA!

I'm a Chi Omega at Texas State. I think that we are definately the best. We are known for being smart, beautiful, fun, and the best all around. There is a saying that goes around the Texas State greek life that says:
"Date a Delta Zeta...Marry a Chi O!"
I'm not trying to be biased just to my sorority, but the other sororities that i've heard good things about are the Zeta's (Zeta Tau Alpha) and ADPi's (Alpha Delta Pi).
Good luck with rush! And be yourself. You will have so much fun no matter which chapter you end up in!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lctxstate1 View Post
I'm a Chi Omega at Texas State. I think that we are definately the best. We are known for being smart, beautiful, fun, and the best all around. There is a saying that goes around the Texas State greek life that says:
At your school, maybe- but even then, rankings really don't matter. Nationally- it doesn't matter. Chi O could be struggling at any school, while it's thriving at yours. DZ could be the girls to marry at any other school too. Stereotypes don't matter, because they aren't true everywhere.

P.S.- You felt a need to bring back a 5 year old post why?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm not trying to be biased just to my sorority, but the other sororities that i've heard good things about are the Zeta's (Zeta Tau Alpha) and ADPi's (Alpha Delta Pi).
Good luck with rush! And be yourself. You will have so much fun no matter which chapter you end up in!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Best at Texas St. is like being best at arguing with retards.

Much love SWTXBelle

(SwTx = Texas St, right?)
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 12-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
You'll find slogans like "Date a [insert other sorority here]...Marry a [insert your sorority here]!" at every campus, honey. Your school is NOT unique.

(Sorry SWTXBelle, but I think you know what I mean. LOL )
Old 12-26-2008, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I know, OTW. I think she is the perfect example of a TX State Chi-O, and that's all I'm gonna say.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Best at Texas St. is like being best at arguing with retards.

Much love SWTXBelle

(SwTx = Texas St, right?)
Yes, EW - and thanks to you, I am very familiar with at least part of the analogy.
Closed Thread