GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Phi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,399
5 members and 2,394 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 04-30-2009, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAGirlie View Post
This fall we are colonizing at New England College- New Hampshire and University of Indiana-South Bend.

We are also looking to present at LSU-Alexandria
Anatra, there's your New England chapter!

I checked out the NEC website because I wasn't too familiar with the school (despite having worked in NH for a while). Is this going to be a ground up colonization or are we absorbing one of the locals?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

A little of both.. there was a local looking to affliate they selected Kappa Delta Phi NAS however a few of the women wanted Theta Phi and left the local to start TPA. There are about 7 women in the interest group now.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

WOOOOOO! Finally another New England chapter! They're not too far from me. Maybe I can FINALLY attend an installation!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

More Big Name Schools

I think it would be cool if we colonized on some larger campuses like LSU, USC, Texas A & M, Ole Miss, etc...
Old 07-02-2009, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree!!!! It would be great for us to get to some larger campuses!!

The process has a large number of rules. The campus must actually be open for extension for us to contact the school and let them know we are interested.

A campus is only "open" when the proper authority... Panhel votes to invite another group on campus.

Once that happens we send in proposals to be invited to present to these campuses. Then then have to invite us to present.

They will invite approx 3 groups and select from one of them. Many larger university require hundreds of thousands in housing. Which is sometimes not the investment we are willing or sometimes ready to make.

We continue to look at larger universities that are a good fit but that doesnt mean that Theta Phi will be invited on, but it doesnt mean we wouldnt be invited either!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I just saw in LaneSig's thread that the University of Denver is open for expansion. I think it would be really cool to get a single letter chapter back (Omicron). Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I think an alumnae association was just chartered in Colorado.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I am from RI, but currently live in Boston since I go to Suffolk University.
Send a message via AIM to ccdelaney Send a message via Skype™ to ccdelaney
Anywhere in RI. I'm from RI and there are no chapters near my home. I know there used to be a chapter at Bryant and Johnson and Wales. I also know there is an interest group at Roger Williams. I think it would be great to see a Theta Phi Chapter in RI!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdelaney View Post
Anywhere in RI. I'm from RI and there are no chapters near my home. I know there used to be a chapter at Bryant and Johnson and Wales. I also know there is an interest group at Roger Williams. I think it would be great to see a Theta Phi Chapter in RI!
Looks like you got your wish! It was just announced in another thread that we are colonizing with the interest group at Roger Williams this weekend.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

We are recolonizing our Mu chapter at the University of Nebraska in the fall
Old 03-05-2010, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegallyBrunette View Post
Looks like you got your wish! It was just announced in another thread that we are colonizing with the interest group at Roger Williams this weekend.
*Crash*

I love Roger Williams University (and RI in general!). Everything there is beautiful. If I hadn't gone to PSU, I would have gone there. I'm jealous that you all will have a colony on that campus!

@~/~~~~
Old 08-13-2010, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

I would love to see Delta chapter at Ohio University recolonized, all though I admittedly have no clue what their greek statistics are right now.

"The letters on my front tell me who's got my back"
Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok so we are presenting at Indiana University, Capital University and are colonizing at Philadelphia University... where else should we be looking?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Although I'm pretty sure they aren't open for expansion yet, i think Montclair State (NJ) would be a nice to place to be, especially given the amount of chapters and alumni in the area :-)
Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to shannakate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin08 View Post
I think it would be cool if we colonized on some larger campuses like LSU, USC, Texas A & M, Ole Miss, etc...
I agree with this. I'm transferring in the fall to Mississippi State University and I would love for us to colonize there!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I would like to see more than one chapter in GA