GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Omega > Omega Psi Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,417
5 members and 1,412 guests
acg233, John, Phrozen Sands, Sarak24034

Old 05-22-2010, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Need some honest advice.

First of all,thank you for reading this thread. I'm currently 32 years old, and I want to pledge omega psi phi grad chapter. I graduated from Texas tech university back in 2003. I took my grades seriously, but my GPA was only around 2.5.
I'm hoping to start seminary in January 2011, and get into biblical counseling. I'm a changed man, and I handle my life differently. I dont make excuses, and i lead by example. My question is, do I have to be enrolled in university to pledge a grad chapter? If so, can seminary be the school I'm enrolled in. I'm worried that my lack of focus in college will hinder my hopes of joining omega psi phi. My mentors are ques, and I see myself as one. Honesty is the key. I need to know is this out of reach, or should I take that first step towards my dreams. Thank you, god bless you.
Mark 11:24
Old 05-22-2010, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

If your mentors are members, why not ask them? Alternatively, why not visit the website? It is very clear about these questions.

Last edited by Little32; 05-23-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Because the grammar was bothering me.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Omega Psi Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1 View Post
First of all,thank you for reading this thread. I'm currently 32 years old, and I want to pledge omega psi phi grad chapter. I graduated from Texas tech university back in 2003. I took my grades seriously, but my GPA was only around 2.5.
I'm hoping to start seminary in January 2011, and get into biblical counseling. I'm a changed man, and I handle my life differently. I dont make excuses, and i lead by example. My question is, do I have to be enrolled in university to pledge a grad chapter? If so, can seminary be the school I'm enrolled in. I'm worried that my lack of focus in college will hinder my hopes of joining omega psi phi. My mentors are ques, and I see myself as one. Honesty is the key. I need to know is this out of reach, or should I take that first step towards my dreams. Thank you, god bless you.
I saw this and wanted to tell you good luck with your studies. I think it is great that you are using your gifts and talents to serve the Lord. I wish you the best of luck with affiliating with Omega Psi Phi. Little32 was right, though. You should see what your mentors think and ask whether or not they can give you any good advice. You should also check out the website:

http://www.omegapsiphifraternity.org/
Old 05-22-2010, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the encouragement, and pointing me in the right direction. I'm seeking omega psi phi because of the commitment to excellence they stand for. I hope and pray that the good lord has omega psi phi in my future.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop1 View Post
People are giving you good advice here but are not answering your question. What NPHC orgs mean by grad or alumni chapter, is that the members that belong to such chapters are graduates and alumni of undergrad programs, not that they are enrolled in grad school, although some members are of course. Also, these chapters represent cities and counties as opposed to colleges like the undergrad chapters. To be sure of Omega Psi Phi's membership requirements, visit their website or better yet, talk to your mentors. I don't understand why people will come on GC and ask questions when they have members in their lives that they can speak with directly. If you have members close to you, then take advantage of the insight and advice they can give you. Good Luck!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
People are giving you good advice here but are not answering your question. What NPHC orgs mean by grad or alumni chapter, is that the members that belong to such chapters are graduates and alumni of undergrad programs, not that they are enrolled in grad school, although some members are of course. Also, these chapters represent cities and counties as opposed to colleges like the undergrad chapters. To be sure of Omega Psi Phi's membership requirements, visit their website or better yet, talk to your mentors. I don't understand why people will come on GC and ask questions when they have members in their lives that they can speak with directly. If you have members close to you, then take advantage of the insight and advice they can give you. Good Luck!
I'm sorry. I couldn't give him specific advice because I am not a member of the NPHC and I didn't want to be accused of giving someone improper advice. I figured some other NPHC member would answer it. That is why I posted the link. I was hoping he could find something out on here or on that website I gave him. Thank you for answering him because I don't know too much about how the NPHC does things.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

And I didn't give him that advice because I figured that he would do better going to the source, in this case members of the organization that he seeks--that he knows IRL-- and the the official organs of that organization.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I'm sorry. I couldn't give him specific advice because I am not a member of the NPHC and I didn't want to be accused of giving someone improper advice. I figured some other NPHC member would answer it. That is why I posted the link. I was hoping he could find something out on here or on that website I gave him. Thank you for answering him because I don't know too much about how the NPHC does things.
With all due respect, please go away.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Old 05-23-2010, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little32 View Post
And I didn't give him that advice because I figured that he would do better going to the source, in this case members of the organization that he seeks--that he knows IRL-- and the the official organs of that organization.
It definitely feels more meaningful that way. Sometimes I miss the part of my time as an aspirant when I discovered information on my own or when it was given to me because I had earned a member's trust.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
It definitely feels more meaningful that way. Sometimes I miss the part of my time as an aspirant when I discovered information on my own or when it was given to me because I had earned a member's trust.
Yes. The thrill of discovery and of a relationship forged. Not instant gratification, but so much better.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm sorry. Did I say something offensive? I just pointed him to the website he should check out. I didn't want to give him real advice but, I def. respect him for going into the career field he has chosen. I just wanted to let him know that. Regardless of whether or not he goes NPHC, NIC/IFC, NPC (if it was a woman), I would still want that person to know that I really respect that. I think that is great.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I'm sorry. Did I say something offensive?
No, but you explain too much and need to stay in your lane.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, but you explain too much and need to stay in your lane.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
LOL....no words for that gif. DrPhil couldn't have said it any better though.