GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,546
0 members and 2,546 guests
No Members online

Old 07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Im a Prospective Member

I recieved an invitation to join maybe like a week ago. Since then I been researching around and noticed that it seem like this sorority dont really cater to the younger generation being that I am only 23. I decided to join this sorority because it didnt matter whether you was in school or not and me and my friends wanted a closer bond of sisterhood through us and other females. The chapters in my area (Washington D.C Area) I think are older than me, so I dont think there will be anything to actually relate to. Are there any other BSP chapters around that caters to us younger ladies?

I was hoping once I become a member I can start a chapter in my area for us ladies in our 20's and 30's is that a good idea? , I wanted to give BSP a name being that when I bring up the sorority to other friends I know In a sorority or fraternity or know about them know what Im talking about when the name is being brought up.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere between Good Morning America and Jerry Springer.
Hi Andrea, and welcome to BSP!

There are quite a few Beta chapters out there that cater to the needs of 20-somethings. In fact, we've had several friendly ventures here on GC with younger members, so you're not alone! BSP is a great sisterhood.

Good luck in spreading the good word of Beta Sigma Phi around to our younger members. You are the future of BSP, and we depend on you to keep the organization going.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

When I got the invitation to join and called to give them my information what happens then? Am I able to say Im a member and get to post that Im one or theres something specific I have to wait for.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:16 PM

I would wait until you have attended chapter meetings and started the official pledging process.

I wouldnt be discouraged with some chapters with older women. I've sat at tables with no one from my chapter before at city council functions with ladies from Master chapters our highest degree of membership). I'm 27, I came into BSP when i was 25. Most of those ladies are in their 70's and 80's and we found quite a bit in common with each other, not just BSP but things in general. Not only did we find things in common but they are also a quite hilarious group of ladies that like to talk and laugh so I always have a great time sitting with them and getting to know them. I wouldnt discredit the older members with not having anything in common with you because of age difference. Once you start talking to each other you'll find that that simply isnt true.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
ANDREA!

I am *hopefully* moving to the Manassas/Nokesville/Gainesville VA area, job pending... I am def. thinking of joining/starting a chapter in that area... Which part of "near DC" are you? MD, VA?

Maybe we can combine efforts!

PM me or reply!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, Alison.
We will miss you if you go But I do hope that you can find a new BSP home.

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient