GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,430
0 members and 1,430 guests
No Members online

Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Live From the Northeast Side....a Recruitment Story

I have decided to do a live recruitment story for fall. I go to school up in the North at a school where greek life is not as serious as it is in the south and SEC schools. I wanted to share my experience because I noticed there weren't a lot of recruitment stories for girls who go to schools like this. I am a second year but being a second year is way different than being a second year in the south. You are still looked at the same and sometimes even have an advantage if you have been involved your previous year at college. My recruitment starts this weekend and I am so excited! My school does recruitment of two weekends, this weekend and next weekend, and the week in between the two weekends is called PNM Week. We do fun stuff with our Rho Gams and recruitment group because we aren't allowed to go out at all so they are things to keep us busy and bond with girl who could potentially be our sisters! We gave 4 rounds and the first round is broken up into two days. There are 11 chapters and so far we have over 400 girls signed up for recruitment. I am going to have my story themed after Disney Princesses and I can't wait to start with my story! My first post will be on Friday after the first round of recruitment!
Old 08-26-2015, 06:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Yay, Northeast! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-26-2015, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Woo-hoo, a northern recruitment story! Good luck and I can't wait to hear where you end up!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to read your story!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

So I forgot to name all the chapters. So like I said above I have 11 chapters on campus and I am going to use Disney Princess names:

Belle
Ariel
Aurora
Jasmine
Snow White
Pocahontas
Cinderella
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida
Mulan

Recruitment starts in TWO DAYS and I am so excited!! First round is on Friday and Saturday and I am going to try my best to post after each round. Since the round is split up into two days I am not going to pref until Saturday evening. Hope you guys are excited for my recruitment story to start!!
Old 08-28-2015, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

So recruitment started today and I am soo excited so far! I definitely love everything and Greek Life. It was part 1 of Round one and I visited 5/11 chapters on campus. After the first house everything went smoothly and the conversations didn't feel forced for more than half of them!
In no particular order:
Aurora- This house was kind of hard to get a conversation out of. The girls I talked to seemed very uncomfortable but passionate about their philanthropy which I loved! Their philanthropy hit home so it was nice getting to know everything that they do to get involved. I don't know if I can exactly see myself here but they were definitely a nice group of girls. I kind of felt awkwardness between the members of the chapter though.

Snow White- I am so surprised with how much I love this sorority. I went in thinking so much about their reputation and I immediately just cleared my mind and had an amazing conversation with this girl. We talked on such a personal and emotional level. I just loved our conversations and she talked to me like a sister and not just some person who she just met which I loved. These girls seemed just like me so girly and into glitter and makeup. I really love this chapter

Pocahontas- These girls were SOO nice but they were just not like me at all. The conversations weren't awkward but it felt like I was forcing myself to talk. They have such a great sisterhood and I think I can make some cool friends from the chapter, but I just can't see myself in it.

Belle- I LOVED THIS HOUSE. I can see myself being them and they are a well rounded sorority which I love. They care about grades, having fun, making friends, volunteering. If I got a bid from them I would be totally fine. The seem so good to be true because of how well rounded they are. This house is definitely in my top choices. The conversation felt so natural and the time flew by so quick. It was another personal type of conversations and the girl I was talking to was so similar to me I loved it.

Mulan- This house was very interesting. I am not too sure how I feel about it. The girl I talked to I loved our conversation it flowed so well but the atmosphere just seemed off. I want to give this chapter another chance but it depends on tomorrow and how many of those chapters I like. Even though I liked the girls I talked to, I don't think I can see myself here.

The first part of round 1 overall went pretty well. I am like so excited to see the rest of the chapters tomorrow and I cant wait to pref I can go back up to 8 houses on Sunday so I can't wait to see where I end up
Old 08-28-2015, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for sharing your recruitment story with us. Can't wait to see how it develops!

Chi Omega
Old 08-29-2015, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck and have fun!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnmfall View Post
My school does recruitment of two weekends, this weekend and next weekend, and the week in between the two weekends is called PNM Week. We do fun stuff with our Rho Gams and recruitment group because we aren't allowed to go out at all so they are things to keep us busy and bond with girl who could potentially be our sisters! We gave 4 rounds and the first round is broken up into two days.
Quote:
First round is on Friday and Saturday and I am going to try my best to post after each round. Since the round is split up into two days I am not going to pref until Saturday evening.
Quote:
The first part of round 1 overall went pretty well. I am like so excited to see the rest of the chapters tomorrow and I cant wait to pref I can go back up to 8 houses on Sunday so I can't wait to see where I end up

I would like to clarify -- I am a little confused. When you say "pref", are you referring to the time when PNMs are asked to indicate to which chapters they would most like to return to in the next round? I ask because I think you're using the incorrect term. I think you mean to say that you won't "rank" the chapters until Saturday. "Pref" is short for "Preference Round". Preference Round is the last set of parties before the PNMs and sororities make their final decisions.

Good luck to you as you continue on. I hope you are having lots of fun!

True and Constant
Old 08-29-2015, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Love having a northern US story but could you change your yellow colors to something easaier to read?
Old 08-29-2015, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Navane at my school we say pref for ranking. Like we pref who want. And Benzgirl yes I will change my colors sorry about that haha I wanted the colors to match the dresses of the princesses but I see now that wasn't the best choice.

So Day 2 of round 1 we visited the last 6 houses and I was soo tired of having the sae conversations over and over again but I am so glad I am done and can't wait to see what chapters I get invited back to tomorrow.
In no particular order:

Ariel- So the girl I talked to her was really nice. I don't think I fit in with these girls just because our personalities didn't match. She seemed very nervous and I had to direct the conversation a lot. I want to give this house another chance though and talk to someone else to see how I feel.

Rapunzel- Really liked this house and the girl who rushed me was very nice and down to earth. We talked on a personal level a few times which I loved. She also showed me their chapters photo album and I got to see their sisterhood first hand. I am really looing forward to learning more about this chapter.

Cinderella- I LOVED THIS CHAPTER. From the moment I walked in the conversation was so personal and I felt a connection with the girl who was rushing me. Its nice to get to know the person since we only have 20 minutes to make a decision if this sorority is for you or not. We had such similar interests and I loved getting to know what they're sorority is all about.

Tiana- I talked to 3 girls in this house and I really hit it off with one of the girls. We started talking about Disney and the rest is history. I loved every minute of it. the other two girls I loved talking to as well and I can't wait to get to know the chapter more. I'm not quite sure I will fit in here so I really want to get to know them more first.

Merida- I really enjoyed this house. The girl was nice and she made me feel at home. I can definitely see calling this house my home away from home but I definitely want to know more what this chapter is about.

Jasmine- This girl was pretty rude here. I did not get a very god feel while talking with her. She was very standoffish and didn't talk much, I had to direct the conversation and whenever I wouldn't, she would give me this look like I should be saying something. I really want to give this chapter a chance but I am not sure if this girl will want me to come back.

After the last house I went back to the meeting place with my Rho Gam group and we had to write down our top 9 in no particular order and our bottom to from what chapter we like the best to least. This wasn't too hard for me since I only had to "regret" 2 houses.

My top 9 houses I chose were:
Belle
Ariel
Jasmine
Snow White
Cinderella
Tiana
Rapunzel
Merida
Mulan

My bottom two houses in this order are:
Aurora
Pocahontas

So tomorrow I will find out which houses dropped me and which houses decided to keep me. I am so excited and nervous. Tomorrow is also a long 8 hour day so I am going to be so exhausted. It is Sisterhood round and I can't wait to learn more about these chapters.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

So how did today go for you?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry guys, school started last Monday for us and yesterdays round was ALL day so I have been so tired trying to keep up with homework and stuff. But I did get dropped from a house I really loved which I was sad about but other than that everything else was great. When I get my preference sheet back my top 9 houses were:
Belle
Ariel
Jasmine
Snow White
Cinderella
Tiana
Merida
Mulan
Aurora

Rapunzel had dropped me and Aurora moved up to my top 9. Each round was 25 minutes and I left this round more confused than ever. I loved every house and didn't know hot chose:

Belle: Still so in love with this house. Our conversation was so chill and relaxing. We didn't talk about recruitment once. The girl who rushed me was in my major, so we talked about that the whole time and she gave me tips and advice. Then another girl came over and we talked about Netflix! Belle is definitely a top sorority for me and I hope I can see them for pref night on Saturday!

Ariel- so I really loved these girls and sisterhood and how they are all about academics, but I am not too sure if I can see myself here. I think I could be friends with some of the girls in this chapter but I didn't really get a feeling of being happy if I got a bid here. Conversations were great, just not too thrilled about being one

Jasmine- This house went waaaay better than the first round and I am glad that I decided to give it another chance. I love the two girls I talked to and one of them even knew my sister. I am not too sure on whether or not I will fit in with these girls so I want to give it another day to see. So I really hope I get invited back.

Snow White- This house is tied for my number one! Definitely want to be here for preference night on Saturday. And the girl who rushed me the first round remembered me and said hi to me! I loved the girl who I was talking to and I really hope I can really see myself be apart of this chapter. I can't wait for Friday to see if they asked me to come back!

Cinderella- I really liked this chapter. Me and another PNM were together with some of the girls in this chapter and we had nice genuine laughs. I felt like I could be myself here and not be judged. I loved it I would not be mad if I ended up here. Since this was sisterhood round some of the chapters showed a video to show their sisterhood, and these girls hands down had the best video. It made me want to be them, it was so amazing.

Tiana- These girls are had the best decorated room out of every chapter I saw. I loved it. These girls are classy, smart genuine girls. I am still torn if I would belong here. I felt like the conversations were forced at times but I still want to give them a chance to see if this could be home!

Merida- Really love this house and group of girls. They have a good sisterhood and I always see them laughing and having fun. I want to come back here and see if I can see myself here. I haven't been able to get a feel of their personalities yet but I think this could be a good fit for me!

Mulan- I really like this house but there is a girl in this chapter who I know and we don't get along. I am afraid if I stay here she will ruin it for me. The chapters here at my school have 74 girls max so they are small compared to southern schools. And as much as I like this chapter, I don't think I like it enough to be miserable at times.

Aurora- This was the house that I "regretted" from the first round. I wanted to give them another chance since they seemed to like me. I got to talk to 2 girls from the first round so I thought that was pretty cool. I still wasn't too sure if this was the best fit for me. The conversations felt forced and I didn't feel happy.

After a long 8 hour day it was time to pref. I could only choose 6 houses to go back to this Friday which meant I had to "regret" 3.

In no specific order my top 6 were:
Belle
Jasmine
Snow White
Cinderella
Tiana
Merida

In order from what I like the most to least:
Mulan
Aurora
Ariel

Friday starts the rest of recruitment and it is Philanthropy round. I can get invited back up to 6. The round goes until 11pm so I might not get to write until after Pref Night on Saturday. I have to wake up early Saturday morning so I will probably be too tired. This week is PNM week and I have some events planned with my Rho Gam group so I am pretty excited! Can't wait to tell you all where I end up this weekend!