GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,557
1 members and 2,556 guests
FlorCundif

Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know any alumnae that came back to my chapter. My mother also went to the same college as a graduate student and did not rejoin so my experience comes from what the women on my campus do and family knowledge. But, now my question is if you never joined before would a chapter even allow you as a graduate student? Wouldn't they want it to be girls that are from their chapter?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-05-2011, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_tuck View Post
I don't know any alumnae that came back to my chapter. My mother also went to the same college as a graduate student and did not rejoin so my experience comes from what the women on my campus do and family knowledge. But, now my question is if you never joined before would a chapter even allow you as a graduate student? Wouldn't they want it to be girls that are from their chapter?
Your experience is from one chapter at one college.

As someone stated before, the OP is talking about a non-NPC organization, so things work a little differently.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_tuck View Post
But, now my question is if you never joined before would a chapter even allow you as a graduate student?
In some fraternities and sororities, yes.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess.bak26 View Post
In other words, you don't know. I said what I meant to say. Saying they are not having a line is the same thing as them not having intake. Getting caught up on wording instead of just saying you don't know. Go NOT answer somebody else's question.
Wow aren't you a bitch, snapping at someone who gave a a valid answer, but you're to dumb or to much of a GDI to get it. So you only want to join THIS elite (I'm assuming) org. and are willing to transfer schools to do so because they only accept legacies or friends and you can't get a bid? It's no wonder you can't get a bid in order to be a good enough friend with someone that they would WANT you in their org, you would have to actually be a nice person and not a total bitch. Have fun being a GDI for the rest of your life. Kthankxbye.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE627 View Post
Wow aren't you a bitch, snapping at someone who gave a a valid answer, but you're to dumb or to much of a GDI to get it. So you only want to join THIS elite (I'm assuming) org. and are willing to transfer schools to do so because they only accept legacies or friends and you can't get a bid? It's no wonder you can't get a bid in order to be a good enough friend with someone that they would WANT you in their org, you would have to actually be a nice person and not a total bitch. Have fun being a GDI for the rest of your life. Kthankxbye.
LOL at the irony of the bolded and at the irony of this guy telling the OP how stupid she is when it's obvious he has no clue what she's talking about.

FYI, TKE627 -- the kind of sorority the OP wants to join doesn't give bids. Someone wanting to join focuses on the one sorority and the one sorority only. Joining is not about making friends with the members. And if someone wanting to join is unable to join in college, she might still hope to join a grad chapter after college.

Your Greek experience =/= the totally of all Greek experiences.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

It's really best to lurk on greekchat for awhile before jumping in and answering everyone's question under the sun. Or you can respond to an NPHC question, incorrectly, and expect to get a world of (verbal) hurt. A few things I've learned from being here, NPHC sororities and fraternities don't discuss member intake and 2-they get really annoyed with the NIC and NPCers who act like that's the only Greek system on the planet. Stay in your lane.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Ah, the time of year on GC where the recently initiated trying-too-hard-to-be-cool pledges are suddenly transformed into know-it-all-still-trying-too-hard actives. Smells like winter break. Have fun at your first Christmas home as a college student, kiddos.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

^^ This person registered in 2007, so the "know it all" syndrome hasn't worn off

Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
^^ This person registered in 2007, so the "know it all" syndrome hasn't worn off
Wow. Didn't even catch that. I'm very sad for this poster, he's going to have a hard life with many reality checks if that's his actual attitude.

He's not the only one I was referring to, though. We have a few around here thread-bombing their "advice" who I know fit into the new initiate category.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
And yet he introduced himself this morning -- because he had to.