GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Nu Xi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,670
1 members and 1,669 guests
Titchou

Old 07-23-2010, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Bonjour ladies of theta nu xi multicultural, Inc!!! :D

Good morning!!!
How is everyone summer going!? I know I'm ready to be done with summer classes...2 more weeks!
I was googling multicultural Inc sororities after reading a threat about a copycat of TNX and was surprise to see the numerous sororities that embrace multicuturalism!! So my question for all the sisters of TNX, Inc is if u had a choice between various sororities (who has multicuturalism has a pillar) what made you pledge TNX!? If not, how did u come across TNX!?

Wishing everyone a marvelous day ^.^
A bientot!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Before I met any of my sorors, what impressed me about Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc was the professionalism and growth. It was (and is) obvious from the website that this is a well thought out organization. My first thought was that if the founders wanted the letters to look like the word ONE then they could have named the organization Omicron Nu Epsilon, but the fact that they didn't, made me intrigued. The consistent growth of the organization, especially the numerous GAP chapters, also impressed me.

When I met my sorors, I was impressed with their collective sisterhood and who they were individually. Most of all, I felt like I fit. Lucky for me, they thought so too!
Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Like my Soror above, I was blown away by the level of growth that Theta Nu Xi had achieved by the time it was 11 years old (when I was an interest). I wanted to be in a multicultural organization because I wanted to be surrounded by and learn about different cultures, as I am someone of two different cultures. When I first became an interest, I had vague notions of community service, sharing similar ideals, and sisterhood. I also had a very large focus on the sterotypes of being Greek: rocking letters; and displaying "swag" through stepping, emergences and other functions. My chapter demonstrated what it truly meant to be a Theta Women, and to be Greek. They worked hard and lived our tenets everyday. I was impressed and I knew it was the right choice for me. My eyes were truly opened to the important things and I was now less interested in the superficial.

I did my research and in my eyes, no other multicultural organization could live up to the standards that my chapter and my org as a whole embodied. So I started my journey to become a Theta Woman and was initiated into my chapter a little over a year ago.

Last edited by dreamseeker; 07-24-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I am not currently affiliated with any sororities, but I have been researching for an organization that would let me embrace the cultures that I have gotten the chance to learn and live by. At my campus, Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc is the only multicultural (that welcomes all ethnics) organization. So I was intrigue to find out, if Theta sisters had a choice between two or more other multicultural sororities, what attracted them to Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. I personally was really impressed by its history, organization (great websites, loved the events) and growth nationwide, as well the Theta sisters I got to meet and converse with.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsuRT11 View Post
I am not currently affiliated with any sororities, but I have been researching for an organization that would let me embrace the cultures that I have gotten the chance to learn and live by. At my campus, Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc is the only multicultural (that welcomes all ethnics) organization. So I was intrigue to find out, if Theta sisters had a choice between two or more other multicultural sororities, what attracted them to Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. I personally was really impressed by its history, organization (great websites, loved the events) and growth nationwide, as well the Theta sisters I got to meet and converse with.
that's always good to hear. all the best in your pursuit.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you dreamseeker! I hope everything goes smoothly starting fall, theta nu xi multicultural Inc has been my choice for almost two years ) Have you ever gotten the chance to converse with any of the founders!?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Have you ever gotten the chance to converse with any of the founders!?
Out of curiosity, are you talking about the Zeta Chapter founders of the Founding Monarchs (national)?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you dreamseeker! I hope everything goes smoothly starting fall, theta nu xi multicultural Inc has been my choice for almost two years ) Have you ever gotten the chance to converse with any of the founders!?
i have.

Last edited by dreamseeker; 08-01-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I was referring to the Founding Monarchs and as well as the Chapter Founders.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was referring to the Founding Monarchs and as well as the Chapter Founders.
I asked because I joined through the Xi Epsilon Chapter in Atlanta and was heavily involved with the Zeta Chapter before I moved to New York. The Zeta Chapter founders are phenomenal.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome!! Is it a part of the organization yearly event to meet the founders (chapters founders and/or founding monarchs)!? It's amazing that sisters of theta nu xi multicultural sorority Inc may or do get the opportunity to meet and/or engage in a conversation with hightly respected role models/founders of the organization :-D
Dreamseeker: did u have any specific question(s) when you met them!?
I have met a sister from the GAP chapter of Xi Epsilon, she was very so insightful.
Preciousjeni: if I may ask you, are they or do u feel like there is a difference between joining through the GAP and the undergrad chapter other than the requirements!?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Awesome!! Is it a part of the organization yearly event to meet the founders (chapters founders and/or founding monarchs)!? It's amazing that sisters of theta nu xi multicultural sorority Inc may or do get the opportunity to meet and/or engage in a conversation with hightly respected role models/founders of the organization :-D
Members often get a chance to meet the Founding Monarchs at our annual conventions as well as other events. They're active in GAP chapters as well, so they go to their own chapters' events.

Quote:
I have met a sister from the GAP chapter of Xi Epsilon, she was very so insightful.
Who was it that you met?

Quote:
Preciousjeni: if I may ask you, are they or do u feel like there is a difference between joining through the GAP and the undergrad chapter other than the requirements!?
The process is the same and there is no difference except that GAP chapters function a little differently than undergraduate chapters.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Dreamseeker: did u have any specific question(s) when you met them!?
nah, i was just simply star struck. I met 2 of them and a chapter founder a few weeks after I crossed, and met another at convention. i was just so happy.

Last edited by dreamseeker; 08-01-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker View Post
nah, i was just simply star struck. I met 2 of them and a chapter founder a few weeks after I crossed, and met another at convention. i was just so happy.
One of the things I love about them is that they're humble. They try their hardest to be low profile (going so far as to request that people go easy with cameras at convention lol) and to try to convince everyone that they aren't superstars.

But, we all know they are.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker View Post
I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet them

I never thought to ask that question to any members of TNX that I met because I was always so excited to hear about the organization and about them, however the more I surf through GC the more I wonder. Does college classification (freshmen, sophomore, junior or senior) affect recruitment decision!?