GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 319,489
Threads: 115,059
Welcome to our newest member, WilliamAdk
» Online Users: 208
0 members and 208 guests
No Members online

Old 01-24-2021, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Supposedly she renegotiated her prenup to more favorable terms for herself and her son after Trump won the election 4 years ago, and she held off moving to the White House as a leveraging tool.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
Understatement of the decade.

He reminds me of The Devil Wears Prada- he’s not happy unless everyone around him is panicked, nauseous or suicidal. His existence is chaotic. He thrives on it. He jumped into the office, raised hell, left a HUGE mess, and then left. He was never qualified for the position, that was evident prior to him running. The person I kinda feel bad for is Melania, to a point.

The people who follow him....what can I say? It takes all kinds and all kinds of reasons. Party loyalty is one thing but it is beyond all logical reason to me why any sane person would willfully want to follow him.
Yep. And those people who are loyal to him, he likes. But whenever they don’t do what he says, he turns on them.

It just blew me away when he made the comment about using disinfectant and UV light in the body to kill Covid-19. That, and his Charlottesville comment about Neo Nazis being good people. Worst president in modern day US history, to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Amen to all of the above. The number of people who voted for him defies all logic.

Nice to see you, CheerfulGreek!
Good to see you too, Sciencewoman.

I totally agree. Just goes to show how many idiots are among us. His approval rating should have been 0%. Anything higher than 0 is too high.
"Understanding is the fountain of life to those who have it" -Proverbs 16:22
"You couldn't make a more incorrect statement if you spent a week trying" -TonyB06
Old 01-24-2021, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I can tell whether someone is clever by his/her answers, and I can tell whether someone is wise by his/her questions. But when the POTUS asks about disinfectant through the veins killing anything, and people still vote for the clown, that right there baffles me to no end.
The most hated organization within the Divine 9
We know it and you know it too

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 01-24-2021 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m past Trump. He’s gone, I’m happy. It’s these Qanon people that give me continuous wtf moments.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I drove home behind a car with a Q sticker done in an American flag pattern. I looked it up later and saw that it is the symbol of Q Anon, as I suspected. Ew.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

If it's Thursday, it must be snowing...
Old 02-14-2021, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I won’t be surprised if Trump is the first and only president to be impeached twice to come back and win an election again in 4 years. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

They know his ass should have been convicted.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Oh hello.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear Chuck Norris: Happy Belated Birthday (ageless; yesterday).
Old 03-19-2021, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Yo
Old 03-20-2021, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Yo
Eek!

(It HAS been awhile!)
Old 03-21-2021, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Eek!

(It HAS been awhile!)
Almost two years. I had left because the site was being bombarded by spammers. Came back because I heard the news about Tom Earp and that brought back memories of this place.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I won’t be surprised if Trump is the first and only president to be impeached twice to come back and win an election again in 4 years. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

They know his ass should have been convicted.
Wouldn't be shocking. The state legislatures are doing their best to rig the election systems. If the Dems had the same level of commitment to winning, they'd blow up the filibuster, admit D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa all as new states, then pass a round of federal electoral reform making sure our elections are accessible and secure.

But they won't because I guess they like losing because they're too principled.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-30-2021, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, the NCAA D1 Mens Frozen Four was ALMOST an all-Minnesota schools affair! Darn you, UMass!

ETA: Neighbors still have outdoor Xmas decorations up. Perhaps they're celebrating April Fools Day this Thursday?

Last edited by Cheerio; 03-30-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Almost two years. I had left because the site was being bombarded by spammers.
The amount of spam sure was overwhelming to say the least. GC was under attack by an army of spammers. Both bots & people (via spam operations in very low wage countries).

Some spam operations even have people assist the bots directly in getting past anti-spam setups (there was an article in Wired magazine about that years ago).

What you saw was probably only a small fraction of the total spam that got through. GC's mods team was amazingly helpful & effective in fighting off the spam bots. It's really quite exhausting, though, especially when the spam is/was at its worst.

A rough estimate is that there were probably hundreds of thousands of spam messages.

And even that was only from a fraction of the spam bots that attempted to get on to GC. Last I checked it was getting close to 10 million entries in the section of the database for the automated anti-spam setup on GC.

Even with as much as is setup on GC to block spam bots it is still not enough at times. Recently it seems we've just been lucky to not be targeted as much. As things are, the flood of spam could return at any time.

The good news, though, is that after (or as part of) the upcoming forum software change ( http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=247673 ) I'll be working to implement a new anti-spam setup which should permanently solve the spam issue, if all things go right.