GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,268
1 members and 2,267 guests
oncegreek

Old 04-04-2001, 02:41 PM

Red face Snow white virus

Does anybody know anything about this virus. I was just sent something about snow white being a sexy virgin and when I replied to find out who it was that sent this to me an auto response was sent back explaining something about a virus. I'm confused and really worried. Any help would be great!!!

Thanks,
Christina
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-04-2001, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Christina,

Dont open it. I've been receiving that email for months and it does contain a virus!
Although maybe I'm thinking of another one(snow white and the seven dwarves) The main thing is I wouldn't open it and if you did I would imagine you'd want to do a virus scan if you have the software for it.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited April 04, 2001).]

Old 04-04-2001, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Here's a link to a virus confimration that may be related to your particular issue:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...ybris.gen.html
Old 04-04-2001, 09:46 PM

Angry

Thanks for the information. I did try to open it. I had no idea what it was. Nothing happened, though. My computer wouldn't let me open it. The name would just replicate itself. When you get a virus does something happen right away. I'm not very computer literate. So, a lot of what I read is jibberish to me.

Thanks again,
Christina
Old 04-04-2001, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Christina,

I'm not that knowledgeable with this kind of stuff either. My Dad is a computer instructor so I guess I could ask him, but anyways heres my take on it. From what I understand there are different types of viruses that can do different things to your hard drive. Sometimes they erase files or they might make it so you cant open a particular application, or even boot up your computer. I guess it all depends. The main thing is to have a Virus Scan Application installed on your computer. This Application should tell you when you do have a virus anytime you boot up or you do a scan with the application. I have Norton Anti-Virus and they come up with monthly updates which help cover the new viruses out there.

Kevin
Old 04-05-2001, 01:07 AM

Cool

Thanks Kevin.

I think that was the link that PTrax suggessted. I guess I need to read a little more carefully. I appreciate everyone's time.

Thanks a million,
Christina