GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,398
1 members and 1,397 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 03-05-2004, 12:34 PM

Where would you like to see Theta colonize/recolonize?

Thetas,

Where would you like to see a Theta chapter colonized or recolonized?

I'm a southern nut I would like to see Theta eventually recolonize at University of Tennessee-Knoxville, University of South Carolina, Auburn University, University of Arkansas, Wake Forest............

I dont know if we'd had a chapter previous at Arkansas State, but I'd like to see us there as well oh and UNC

I'm adding Mississippi State to this list as well

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 08-29-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-17-2004, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I'd love to see you guys recolonize at Pitt!

If the numbers stay up, that may happen in a few years, and you'd probably have first dibs because you still have the house!
Old 03-17-2004, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Hijack

The house here has furniture that came from the UNC chapter when it closed. Two wing back chairs that we have since recovered with a very chic palm tree print.

Sorry - that's a random thought.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to scuthetagirl
My chapter (Eta Lambda) at Santa Clara University was just chartered this past fall (2003). I was initiated a few weeks ago as part of our 50 girl Beta class. I'm so glad Theta keeps on expanding, and that it has touched my life. I'd love to see it go to the smaller UCs and Cal State schools.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by scuthetagirl
My chapter (Eta Lambda) at Santa Clara University was just chartered this past fall (2003). I was initiated a few weeks ago as part of our 50 girl Beta class. I'm so glad Theta keeps on expanding, and that it has touched my life. I'd love to see it go to the smaller UCs and Cal State schools.

Awesome! Welcome to the sisterhood
Old 03-25-2004, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd love to see Theta back at my chapter, Alpha Iota at WashU in Missouri. The Mizzou chapter is so incredibly strong and there's a lot of alums in St. Louis, but no collegiate chapter! (I doubt that'll happen though, because the chapter's already been recolonized once. Sigh) Barring that, St. Louis U (which would be a new chapter), because it's also a good school with, from what I've seen, pretty awesome greek life. (KD, GPhiB, DG, ADPi, and SK)

I'm cosigning with ThetaPrincess on the Southern chapters, plus these other recolonizations:

Sigma, Toronto (the first Canadian NPC chapter ever!)

Epsilon Kappa at Dartmouth (we have almost every Ivy league school covered!)

Gamma Kappa at George Washington (because hey, we need more sorority women in the capitol)

Epsilon Chi at Guelph (I love Canadian chapters )

And, this is kind of odd, I'd like to see a Theta chapter at every school with both a Pi Phi and a Kappa chapter. Don't ask why, I'm not sure I could explain it
Old 04-08-2004, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta was never at Arkansas State-they have Chi O and Alpha Gam thats about it
Old 04-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

I want to see y'all back at the U of Arkansas and Auburn--I had many good friends in both chapters.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greekgrrl

And, this is kind of odd, I'd like to see a Theta chapter at every school with both a Pi Phi and a Kappa chapter. Don't ask why, I'm not sure I could explain it

No need to explain........I know why and I agree with you!
Old 04-17-2004, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
Cool Hi Girls...

Please excuse the crash, but I wanted to express my thanks to your lovely organization.

The University of Idaho Alpha Gams just had their 100th Anniversary International Reunion Day celebration the first weekend in April. The campus was overrun with squirrels old and young everywhere .

One part of the reunion was a campus tour on the trolley. The ladies in the newly re-colonized Kappa Alpha Theta chapter were so gracious to let us Alpha Gams see their new beautiful house. What a treasure!

I also wanted to tell you that I am glad that Thetas are back on the Idaho campus. It has been a long time coming since they were looking to recolonize when I went through rush in 1990.

Best wishes to all of you Thetas!

In Panhellenic Spirit and Sisterhood!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been hearing that Theta will be returning to Auburn within the next year. I hope it's true because it would be wonderful to have them return!
Old 04-22-2004, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta return to Auburn?

Quote:
Originally posted by AUDeltaGam
I've been hearing that Theta will be returning to Auburn within the next year. I hope it's true because it would be wonderful to have them return!
Does anyone think we would recolonize this soon?? The chapter just closed in 2000. It can really be a disservice to new members to come back too quickly. Now don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for Theta to be back at Auburn and I am sure there are many Auburn alums who feel the same way!
Old 04-23-2004, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Theta return to Auburn?

Quote:
Originally posted by thetalady
Does anyone think we would recolonize this soon?? The chapter just closed in 2000. It can really be a disservice to new members to come back too quickly. Now don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for Theta to be back at Auburn and I am sure there are many Auburn alums who feel the same way!
I think Theta would do well. I joined Delta Gamma during her recolonization last year, and I already see the need for another sorority. Since DG came back on campus the average chapter size has risen, and pledge classes are still quite large (58 was quota plus). I think Theta would do just as well as we have done. Plus they would be our neighbors in Sasnett Hall
Old 08-28-2004, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I recently rushed at Auburn this past fall and I withdrew...(a long story...)anyways, I think that Theta at Auburn would be a great opportunity for all of the girls that withdrew or were released from recruitment due to not being asked back to any sororities...and we know there were a lot of them. But I was wondering if anyone knew how the rush for this sorority will be done in the spring?
Old 08-29-2004, 12:36 PM

At this time there are no plans as far as I know to recolonize at Auburn.

I hope that we do at some point, but it is up to the panhellenic there to invite us to come back and up to the people in charge of extension at HQ to decide if it is in the fraternity's best interest.

I've never been close to a colonizing chapter so I dont know how the girls are chosen that choose to rush a new chapter on campus.