GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,521
0 members and 1,521 guests
No Members online

Old 09-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

I just looked up the picture of the Pi Phi house and am wondering what the house looks like since its renovation. I don't think this is post-renovation. Does anyone have a new picture?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-21-2007, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I have 3 Pi Phi pics on webshots.....
this link might work http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...66816931FjjFdp
Old 09-21-2007, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, Recruitment parties start on Wednesday, September 26, 2007. Convocation is this Sunday which starts the "official" silence period.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Ole Miss Glitter! It looks like a totally different house! I never knew anyone from that chapter...I do know they had a Miss America several years back.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

A friend of mine is a Pi Phi who graduated from Ole Miss. I'll have to congratulate her on the new house!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Their newly renovated house is gorgeous. However, it was already gorgeous I thought before the renovations. Now they have added some new officer suites and a new house mother's suite too. (and more some more square footage as well and renovated kitchen I think too.) It is a big change from their old "ski lodge" look.

The AOII's have also finished their new addition and renvoations! Theta starts this summer on their addition. Phi Mu's house is completely gutted right now so they will be rushing from other places on campus and in the Grove. I heard they are adding a new chapter room, new kitchen, and new dorm suites? They also installed individual heating/cooling units in each room like Pi Beta Phi did last summer. Very nice if you ask me. I am proud of our campus because our sororities really do take pride in their houses and keeping them competitive!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
Phi Mu's house is completely gutted right now so they will be rushing from other places on campus and in the Grove. I heard they are adding a new chapter room, new kitchen, and new dorm suites? They also installed individual heating/cooling units in each room like Pi Beta Phi did last summer. Very nice if you ask me. I am proud of our campus because our sororities really do take pride in their houses and keeping them competitive!
We're all very excited about our house. We hate we don't have it for rush, but it's worth the wait! It should be finished by November, so not too much longer!

Last edited by Ole Miss Phi Mu; 09-23-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Glitter, how is the EN house renovations coming?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I heard someone say that a new sorority, possibly ADPi, may be on campus next year. Does anyone know anything about this?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Panhellenic would have to vote to open up our greek system for extension. That has not been done yet. No new sororities quite yet. I believe Greek Life is working on that though. It would take a sorority with lots of money and lots of local support. They would have to build a new house too I'm guessing. Our Recruitment Adviser told me that nothing is set in stone yet as far a new sorority. There is a big process and the NPC delegates I think for each sorority on campus would have to vote. The NPC Guru's on here probably can explain it better than I can....

The Sigma Nu House looks amazing! They have the road blocked off so I can't get up close again to take pics. I think it should be done soon though by like January maybe? They have started to brick the outside of it.

The Phi Mu renovations are going to be amazing from what I can tell. They are almost done bricking too and it looks like it's all interior work now with dry wall and things like that. I hope they do an open house for the Greek Community at both houses! I want to see!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for your reply! I was kind of surprised when I heard next year, so I wanted to ask someone who would probably know more about it than me. And rush starts tomorrow!!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorDG
Well, today recruitment FINALLY begins at Ole Miss. Best of luck to all the PNMs and the houses. It looks as if may start out a rainy rush, but it looks good for the rest of the weekend.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes it has been raining here since about 8am. Hopefully it will subside by the time first round of parties begin. I know everyone is excited!

ETA:
Wednesday Parties: The first philanthropy party begins at 4:30 pm and ends at 9:55 pm tonight. There are six parties.
Thursday Parties: The rest of philanthropy parties begin at 4:30 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. There are four parties.
Friday Parties: Skit Parties are 4 pm-11:50 pm. There is a break from 7:50-8:50 pm for dinner for all houses and PNMs. There are seven parties. PNMs can only go to six so that must mean that each house will have an off period. (I think anyway.)
Saturday Parties: Preference Parties are from 4 pm-7:40 pm. There are three parties.
Sunday: Bid Day! Bids are distributed at 3 pm.

Last edited by OleMissGlitter; 09-26-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post
Yes it has been raining here since about 8am. Hopefully it will subside by the time first round of parties begin. I know everyone is excited!
Best wishes to all! OleMissGlitter -- I know you'll be deep into it, but do check in with us and let us know how it's going.

"Hoddy Toddy, Gosh Almighty! ...
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't worry! I am just helping Friday after work, Saturday and Sunday. Since I'm not the Chapter Adviser anymore (I'm just the Website and Administrative Adviser) I get to relax more! I know the houses were all practicing last night. I drove down Rebel Drive last night (Sorority row with Chi O, Pi Phi, Theta, and AOII) and I saw the Pi Phi's practicing a pref song outside and the Theta's practicing a cheer! I love this time of year! I'll keep ya'll posted! I know I'm really excited to see where some of my New Orleans girls pledge!