GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,170
1 members and 2,169 guests
No Members online

Old 09-23-2006, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesidz View Post
Apparently the information that I posted was sensitive in some manner and I had inadvertently offended another chapter. Which, by the way, was never my intention. However I have enough respect for my organization to comply with the wishes of the higher up's. Sucks though that a post on Greek chat that I wrote to build up and support my chapter could be taken in a negative way.
I didn't see you post anything offensive about another chapter....

Can you at least let us know how it turned out in the end for you girls?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-23-2006, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

It would be my pleasure to at least give you the finale...never mind that you all missed the middle of the show. No concerns!

Anyways, our chapter did AMAZING! And I might add I think it was the BEST year for all the chapters at my university. By the way, it is the University of Central Oklahoma. Our chapter made quota which was 28 plus we got two quota additions. We were still just under total so we were able to pick up several other PNM's which brought our new member class to 33!

As far as Panhellenic went, we had 195 PNM's start recruitment and we lost about 70 of them. Some were due to grade cuts but it was our first year with ICS and the first day was incredibly long and unorganized. Our last party started at midnight! And that was our 11th by the way! I think that was part of the reason why we lost some of the potentials. It sucks because those girls could have been great members but it was a learning experience for everyone. Hopefully next year we will have high numbers again and we will keep them interested until the end!

I say it was the BEST recruitment for all chapters because it really seemed like every chapter got *the top girls that they wanted*
So many times it seems like everyone competes over the top 20 PNM's. This year every chapter got their favorites and their favorites wanted them too!

For Double Blue and Gold-your women did excellent! They got some really great women and they recruited with class and style! I love your advisor, she is so sweet! And their Pref looked beautiful! It seemed like an AWESOME rush for your chapter at UCO! Congratulations.

We have Delta Zeta, Alpha Gamma Delta, Sigma Kappa and Alpha Xi Delta at our school!
Old 09-23-2006, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I'm happy to hear that all four groups did well

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-23-2006, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!

I'd love everything not governed by ritual to be complete transparent, but I forget that we should always be concerned with public relations too.

I don't remember anything that could be offensive, but I guess folks could be afraid of starting a trend, and that with an advisor less tactful than yourself posting, the threads could be troublesome.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for aknowledging my tact! But I do agree, there would be instances when it could get out of control! My guess is the return figures were the main issue. Which I understand, but I was doing a happy dance when I posted that...

Either way I wanted to respect the suggestion that was given to me so I deleted everything that I could!
Old 09-23-2006, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, all the groups did great from the information I heard.

And its great not to be the smallest group any more! I think everyone will hit total this fall.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Omigosh, I could have written this!! I keep thinking, would that the college or the Panhel or someone would put the Advisors up in a dorm or hotel for Recruitment Week! If I had to do it all over again (as an Advisor), I would have taken the week off, and checked into a hotel - because after everything was set up, I still had the 45 minute drive home each night and had to get up for work about an hour later!

The 1sst year, I stayed at the Bid Night party and got home about midnight. Went to work the next day but went home early because i was DRAINED! It's about 45 minutes each way to/from campus..

Now, I stay at a local hotel and save my sanity in the process.

This last time I made the reservations online and said I was a govt employee (which I am) and saved $20 off their rate.. I didn't even have to show my id when I checked in.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!!! Sorry that your idea was a bust... I wish we could get a private alumnae side to this but I think that would be too complicated.

Please post a picture of your GREAT ADVANTAGE!!! I would love to see it.

Could you PM me how AGD did??? thanks!!!
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34