GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,503
0 members and 2,503 guests
No Members online

Old 11-12-2005, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Ryan400z
Fugitives Staying At Lambda Chi Alpha House In Knoxville

Guys you won't believe this crap. We had 2 fugitives living in our fraternity house over the summer whom befriended the entire chapter. They told us they were brothers from the LSU chapter that had been in grad school at Tulane and came to Knoxville because they were refugees due to hurricaine Katrina and were now enrolled at UT (really complex).
They got jobs at a bar my friend is the manager of called Liquid Knoxville and both had $2000.00 dollars from the credit cards FEMA issused. They lived the life at UT buying a big screen tv and having huge parties on the weekends. THEIR PARTIES WERE FREAKING WILD.
Well it turns out they escaped from their jail cell or the correctional facility by making keys out of toothpicks. One of them had a 20 year sentence for armed robbery and a few other charges the other had a 10 year sentence for serious credit fraud and other charges. Last week one of them was busted at a gas station for using a fake 10 dollar bill. He tried to bite his fingernails and fingers off in the car so they could not find his prints and find out who he was. Soon after the cops found him, he told them he was living at one of our off campus houses. They totally went through 2 brothers houses and did not find them. Then on Monday night they raided the Lambda Chi house looking for the other guy and he was nowhere to be find. Eventually one of the brothers said the fugitive was seen at the library 30 minutes ago that night. Well the cops shut down the library, found his gun in a trash can and later arrested him.
I hungout with this guy he went by the alias of Zach and was really nice. He did anything for anyone but a lot of people thought he was shady because he had all types of stories. Anyway, there are a bunch of articles online about this. Go to www.utk.edu and type campus search and go to the daily beacon which is our school newspaper.
Here is one article attached. http://dailybeacon.utk.edu/showartic...rticleid=49163
Go to yahoo and you can find a few more articles. This is crazy, oh yea our chapter is not in trouble for anything because we were the victims in all of this crap.

Last edited by Ryan400z; 11-12-2005 at 01:34 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-12-2005, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Glad you guys are ok.

Do you guys get to keep the TV?

LOL

IN ZAX.......
Old 11-12-2005, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to john1082 Send a message via AIM to john1082 Send a message via MSN to john1082 Send a message via Yahoo to john1082
Oh Sweet Jesus

What did Biff have to say?

I think I need to go to Indy and take him out for an attorney / client conference

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 11-12-2005, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LCA Pi Iota 026
Wow thats a bit nuts......Hope everyone is ok....damn
Old 11-12-2005, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Whoa, luckily nobody got hurt

FYI- If these folks were living in your house you may want to have everyone check their credit card and credit records, they could have been selling personal identity info based on stealing your mail, going through rooms/ wallets etc.

Who knows what was happening when you werent watching.

Lenoxxx

Visit this website if you miss what TV Guide did in destroying www.jumptheshark.com a fan website run by the fans in 2009!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lenoxxx
Whoa, luckily nobody got hurt

FYI- If these folks were living in your house you may want to have everyone check their credit card and credit records, they could have been selling personal identity info based on stealing your mail, going through rooms/ wallets etc.

Who knows what was happening when you werent watching.

Lenoxxx
I co-sign this with Brother Lennox.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thats crazy, sounds like a movie. Two guys escape from jail and live in a fraternity house living the dream life of most college students. Crazy story though, seems like you could figure out they didn'nt know much about the fraternity and that would indicate they were lieing.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to john1082 Send a message via AIM to john1082 Send a message via MSN to john1082 Send a message via Yahoo to john1082
I wanna, I wanna

I'll write the story & screen play. Who do we get to star in it? Gotta be college age.

Let's see - Brad Renfro? yeah, that's the ticket - he has experience.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 11-13-2005, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: I wanna, I wanna

Quote:
Originally posted by john1082
I'll write the story & screen play. Who do we get to star in it? Gotta be college age.

Let's see - Brad Renfro? yeah, that's the ticket - he has experience.
and Renfro lives in Knoxville......
Old 11-13-2005, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

and Chris Klein could play one of the fraternity brothers........LMAO

who should we get to direct?

Michael Westmore could do the Special Effects Makeup.

and Tom Earp could play the "Jackie Gleason"-type character from "Smokey and the Bandit" chasing the fugitives.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Sheriff Tom Earp

Quote:
Originally posted by ZetaPhi708
and Chris Klein could play one of the fraternity brothers........LMAO

who should we get to direct?

Michael Westmore could do the Special Effects Makeup.

and Tom Earp could play the "Jackie Gleason"-type character from "Smokey and the Bandit" chasing the fugitives.

Sheriff Tom Earp, now that's the ticket!

In ZAX,

Mike,
Z-U Zeta
Old 11-13-2005, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Shorter Jackie Gleason!

If the same held true in this situation as it did when I stopped by the UT House years ago, these Brothers were extremly pleasent and cordial. They want My wife and I to spend the night and have dinner. That is why I always have a very big soft spot fot the Zeta there.

I echo the thought that everyone is alright. Maybe the "Good Brother Hood" over came the Bad Guys"!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-13-2005, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

While it is easy for people to say "why didnt they know, or test these guys etc." Sometime's you dont think about people like they are a threat, and the UTK guys were victims of a carefully crafted fraud scheme like millions of americans are everyday to a lesser degree (Spam, Phishing, mail and phone fraud, indentity theft) this one is just over the top.

I actually know a few folks that got nailed by that nigerian mail money scam. Sometimes the BIGGER the lie, the easier it is to pull it off.

Who would think that two LCA bros from Lousiana asking for a place to stay would be criminals in disguise? It sounds to outrageous to occur, but it did. How many brothers did we "challenge" in college? If they said they were bros, you just assumed it was true.

Again thank god nobody was hurt

And Im nominating Lifesaver to play Sheriff Earp's son in the movie adaptation....

Lenoxxx

Visit this website if you miss what TV Guide did in destroying www.jumptheshark.com a fan website run by the fans in 2009!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

That will have to be in a private discussion on that suggestion!

OK so He is My Illagitiment Adopted Step Son/Brother, I still wonder!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-13-2005, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

That's craziness.

Did you guys ever do anything to verify that they were Lambda Chi's? The challenge? Meaning of secret mottos?