GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,383
1 members and 2,382 guests
oncegreek

Old 05-11-2007, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPital PHINUst View Post
If the Kazo Kappas need to verify my membership, they can contact the local and provincial leadership in the area I serve and/or the IHQ. And I trust if this was really an issue with them, they would've done that from Day One, if they haven't already. You're the only one I hear bringing this up her on GC and you're not even a Kappa. Take your foolishness back to Kazo.

We.Got.This.Thanks.

Like I said, STAY IN YOUR LANE!!!!
Dayum. Give somebody some letters and they go crazy...
Old 05-11-2007, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkies up View Post
That's Iotas for you.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing....
Old 05-12-2007, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

^^More humor for the night. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If the Kazo Kappas need to verify my membership, they can contact the local and provincial leadership in the area I serve and/or the IHQ. And I trust if this was really an issue with them, they would've done that from Day One, if they haven't already. You're the only one I hear bringing this up her on GC and you're not even a Kappa. Take your foolishness back to Kazo.

We.Got.This.Thanks.

Like I said, STAY IN YOUR LANE!!!!
shut up, hoe.

i'm not a kappa, but you're explaining this to me, kweer.

so when you gonna finally pass the CPA after failing it like 50-11 times. and that's a literal amount.

if you spent as much damn time trying to learn basic addition instead of quoting bob barker and pat sajak, you might actually smell something resembling a passing score.

a view from the sky cam
Old 05-12-2007, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I can understand that, just that I would hope each candidate is voted on by each member on their individual merits, not by the color of their skin.

I was fortunate enough to take a class on African-American Psychology. Big eye-opener to me. When I talked about it to other friends they were like... "and how is that different from everyone else's psychology?" Got me really looking at how everything from psychological theories to every day assumptions are based on white males and studies using white male college students. (Although due to the number of females in psychology who are often required to participate in studies, that's changing a bit)
I get judge by the color of my skin everyday and I deal with it. Again I'm 1 vote and if I met a White Delta, I wouldn't disrespect her. I don't get why non-whites want to join NPC organizations, but if that's their choice cool. But I don't get offend when those members also wonder why a person of color would want to join an organization that historically didn't want them. Nor would I get offended if a historically Jewish organization wondered why a Christian would join its ranks and would vote no. I just chalk it up to be attempting to maintain the integrity of the historically purpose of the organization.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's Iotas for you.
Ummm, that was directed towards you, Einstein.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ummm, that was directed towards you, Einstein.
*Will Smith voice* No, it's not.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Now you know with some people that starts before the letters.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds6 View Post
I get judge by the color of my skin everyday and I deal with it. Again I'm 1 vote and if I met a White Delta, I wouldn't disrespect her. I don't get why non-whites want to join NPC organizations, but if that's their choice cool. But I don't get offend when those members also wonder why a person of color would want to join an organization that historically didn't want them. Nor would I get offended if a historically Jewish organization wondered why a Christian would join its ranks and would vote no. I just chalk it up to be attempting to maintain the integrity of the historically purpose of the organization.
I just think that judging people based on the color of their skin is a behavior to terminate not to propogate. Also there's a difference with NPC groups in that no matter our historical founding we're pretty much open to everyone and Christians do join historically Jewish organizations every day.. ok well every Rush. THe important part is whether one can uphold the values of the organization. I do not deny we have racist members, but I wouldn't hold my tongue then either
Old 05-12-2007, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
*Will Smith voice* No, it's not.
As much as I'd like to play internet tag with you, I'm not interested. Futhermore, I find it quite comical that you would tell someone to "stay in their own lane" when you just got your greek license (allegedly) less than a year ago. Marinate on that.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
As much as I'd like to play internet tag with you, I'm not interested. Futhermore, I find it quite comical that you would tell someone to "stay in their own lane" when you just got your greek license (allegedly) less than a year ago. Marinate on that.
I find it comical too. Ain't America great?

*pinkies up leaves the stage* Pinkies Up, ladies and gentlemen, Pinkies Up!! *applause*

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.....

Last edited by KAPital PHINUst; 05-12-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I just think that judging people based on the color of their skin is a behavior to terminate not to propogate. Also there's a difference with NPC groups in that no matter our historical founding we're pretty much open to everyone and Christians do join historically Jewish organizations every day.. ok well every Rush. THe important part is whether one can uphold the values of the organization. I do not deny we have racist members, but I wouldn't hold my tongue then either
With this statement, why is so hard to believe that NPHC orgs. can't be open to everyone?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedefinedDiva View Post
With this statement, why is so hard to believe that NPHC orgs. can't be open to everyone?
I don't believe that, and that was never my point. Please read more carefully.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMUDva View Post
D9 Sororities are much bigger than a particular chapter or campus... So, I still don't get how you can't be "black" enough, but to each her own.

ETA: And with proper research you would have come to understand and know that the 4 D9 sororities DO have mutlicultural histories although they are historically black. I guess you made generalizations based on what you saw in the bubble of your campus.
I don't understand that either. I am half black and the other half of me is mixed with all types of stuff, most of it Irish. According to my obvious mixed heritage (lightskin and long curly hair, sometimes mistaken for mexican), I have no clue how I pledged a D9 sorority.....