GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,289
3 members and 2,286 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 03-23-2003, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to valpogal99 Send a message via Yahoo to valpogal99
scary fields!!!

PolarPi - those cornfields are really scary. I drove out through them with another Sister and we were a little freaked out (and it was DAY time) That's NW Indiana for you
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-24-2003, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to imnluv_322 Send a message via Yahoo to imnluv_322
1. University of North Texas- Spring '01
2. Gamma Upsilon
3. Collegian
4. Current Positions: Treasurer & Recording Secretary
Past Positions: Assistant Treasurer, Assistant RIM, Leadership Chair, Pride Leader, Alpha Committee.
5. I joined ADPi because out of all of the sororities here at UNT, I felt as though ADPi was were I belonged.
6. My favorite ADPi memory was the night I got initiated, the best night ever!
Old 04-11-2003, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Arizona State University
2. Delta Gamma-University of Arizona (Initiated)
3. Alumna
4. None
5. I was away from home for the first time, my good friend had gone through fall rush, so when I transfered in the spring I decided to rush. I spent the whole night with ADPi. What's funny is I had every intention of going to Chi-O because my friend was one. But I felt so comfortable with the girls and had such a blast with them, that I stayed the whole time. I was offered my bid the next day.
6. This is so embarrassing. I was still an Alpha. My chapter was doing our all house philanthropy, which happened to be called "legendary legs", (briefly, it was a contest between frat boys. We took pictures of their legs, put a table on the mall and people voted by putting money in the box that had the guy's leg picture taped to it. I believe dollars would add points and coins would subtract points). Anyways, we went to a frat to serenade them. Just standing there listening to our Philanthropy chair explain the contest to the guys and what they win.
If a guy won, they won a round trip airfare ticket to somewhere (I can't remember where) and they could take one person. Well our Philanthropy chair said "you can take one of your frat brothers" and suddenly I blurt our "or you can take one of us". The guys start laughing, my sisters start laughing and I just want to crawl under a rock and die. (I feel I should mention that the entire time I was staring at this gorgeous frat guy). Even today, years later, I feel like such a dork.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LauraPhoenix Send a message via Yahoo to LauraPhoenix
1. College or University
University of Pittsburgh

2. ADPi Chapter
Alpha Iota

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Alumnae

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
None Unforunetly left to soon

5. Why you joined ADPi
This is a very itneresting story. When I did my college tour in early 1998 before leaving HS I went to look at University of Pittsburgh. That's when I met Ten (short for Kristen) Anthony. She was one of the tour guides. Now as a tour guide she wasn't wearing any letters saying that she belonged to ADPi but she spoke very freely about Greek Life on campus and I became interested.

I went to ADPi and met up with Ten again and this time she was wearing her letters again. Well I was one of 3 that went to Pitt from my HS and didn't really know anyone and had no interest in making friends with my roommate. So I started rush and there was Ten again when I went to ADPi's suite. I was in love with ADPi from the first time stepped foot near their table and met my future sisters.

If it wasn't for her I would of never been apart of ADPi and I miss her like you wouldn't believe. I lost contact with her but I'm doing my best to find her again. She is more my sister than anyone would believe. So Violets to Ten and her baby where ever they may be.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
This is funny. After an informal meeting my Alpha Class kidnapped our Alpha Mom Amie and we sent the rest of the sisters on a treasure hunt for her. The girls that set it up screwed up the clues and they ended up going up and down Cardiac Hill on Pitts campus twice though they were smart enough to take the Pitt buses up.

AND

Our one formal Ten and I drug my guy out onto the floor cause he never danced before. Both Ten and I ended up dancing with him at the same time. I never saw that guys face so red in my life.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University
University of Central Florida

2. ADPi Chapter
Zeta Omega

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Collegian...Sophomore

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
Corresponding Secretary, Greek Week Chair, Asst. Preference
Day Chair, Dance Chairs

5. Why you joined ADPi
Cristy Burgess...we danced on our college dance team
together (SKD Love). I always admired her, she was a classy,
intelligent and fun loving girl. She prefed me on Perfernece
Day. Everything she said brought a smile to my heart and a
happy tear to my eye. AND all the girls in the chapter. They
were all so sweet, and I felt like I was at home.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
I have so many! I still have so many more to experience...I
can't wait!
Old 04-30-2003, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

College or University:
University of Tennessee at Martin-Fall 2002

ADPi Chapter:
Delta Upsilon

Collegian or Alumnae:
Collegian

Positions Held:
Assistant Treasurer

Why did you join?
I knew from the time I went in on the second night that the only one I wanted was ADPi. I just felt at home as soon as I entered the lodge.

Favorite Memory:
My Bid Day
Old 05-01-2003, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

College or University:
Duke University- January 2003

ADPi Chapter:
oh yeah Omicron girls!

Collegian or Alumnae:
Collegian

Positions Held:
none yet

Why did you join?
I knew a sophomore who was an ADPi (we did an orientation program together) and she is absolutely fabulous (she's now my <> sister actually!)...I knew that ADPi was the place for me on Pref night, our chapter has a tradition that when you sit down your rusher-person gives you a black diamond that has your name on it. It's construction paper but in silver ink, all of the girls who remember you write comments about meeting you, your conversations, etc. etc. When I got my black diamond and saw all of the genuine comments by these WONDERFUL girls, both those I had known and those I met, I knew I belonged there. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to keep the black diamonds (you know the Panhel "gift" rule) and they throw them away after Pref b/c of Panhel rules. I wish I could have mine!

Favorite Memory:
I'm not sure yet I really like just walking around campus and seeing all of my fellow "Shadypi" faces Our chapter doesn't have a house (no greeks at Duke do) but there are 120 of us ADPis walking around (we have 40 a pledge class) and I am bound to see at least 5 a day!
Old 05-14-2003, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

ADPi from KS!

Hey, I'm an ADPi, Zeta Rho at Vanderbilt. I actually am from Wichita and graduated from East High. I also went to Catholic school until high school, so I know lots of people from Wichita who went to KU. I was wondering who from the '01 class at East(Fall '01 pledge class?) and Kapaun went ADPi...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jhawkalum
1. The University of Kansas

2. Tau Chapter

3. Alumnae, May 2001

4. Rho Chi, Website designer

5. My first memory of ADPi was being rushed by two girls, both of whom were wearing these huge engagement rings. It just happened that the two girls who were getting married happened to talk to me that day -- I had never felt so young and immature! My diamond sister rushed me all week and we became pretty close.

6. Some of my favorite memories are just getting ready to go out with my friends on Friday and Saturdays. A bunch of us who were really tight lived in the basement our junior year (one of whom was AzureBlue) which made us even closer! Some of my favorite memories were from Spring Break when 30 of us went to Panama City Beach -- too much to say about it. It was also great being a Rho Chi and seeing some of my favorite PNMs join ADPi!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

1. University of Southern California
2. Alpha Psi chapter
3. I'm a sophomore!
4. I am currently the jr. panhellenic delegate
5. I joined because during the big production that is fall rush, I felt that the ADPi's were the only girls that weren't lying to me. They were real and honest and because of that you could really sense what an awesome sisterhood it is.
6. I am going to go with our initiation celebration invite. It was my second date with my current boyfriend (going on 7 months now!) and I also got to buy a really hot black strapless dress for it. It was a blast!
Old 05-18-2003, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Staindadpi
Valparaiso University
Eta Psi Chapter
Collegian- initiated November 2002
Standards and Recording Secretary
I joined because they were the most unique sorority on campus.
Favorite memory is from formal.

If any of you adpi's want to chat, my AIM screen name is Shortloud01.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Bishop's University
2. Eta Tau
3. Collegian
4. none - just joined this past semester
5. I never thought I'd join a sorority... The ADPi's sent me an invitation to a recruitment event, and I went mostly because I had nothing else to do that night. I just clicked with everyone there, and after another event, I knew that it was where I belonged. They're some of the greatest girls I've ever met.
6. initiation... It was so early and I was so exhausted, but it was absolutely beautiful
Old 06-04-2003, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

1. St. Louis University
2. Eta Nu
3. Collegian
4. None yet
5. The 8 hours spent in a room with some sisters during initiation. Most of us hardly knew eachother, but we had a blast anyway. But the most special moment was actually the ceremony...it was absolutely beautiful; and then of course the celebration afterwards!

Did any of y'all spend as long as we did during initiation?? It was craaaazy long!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by SLUadpi
Did any of y'all spend as long as we did during initiation?? It was craaaazy long!
How many women did you have going through initiation that day? We had 11, and I think it took us almost four hours to complete our initiation since we did two groups, so one group was sitting upstairs while the other was going through.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SLUadpi
I'd say I spent about 10 hours with my sisters for initiation, and I was the only one being initiated. It was long, but so much fun!
Old 06-05-2003, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Florida State University

2. Iota

3. Collegian, PC 2002

4. Parent's Weekend chair, Recruitment Skit Set Designer, Recruitment Rho Gamma Room cooridinator

5. Well, I am a double legacy and I have two aunts who are ADPi's and they have all been active alumni, so I have been surrounded by it my whole life. I was sung ADPi songs as lullabys, went to Grand Convention before my first birthday, and knew who Eugenia was before I got to high school even. So there really wasn't much of a choice.

6. Hanging out in one of the seniors' rooms for hours every time we had a ceremony with the same five girls, four of whom were in my recruitment group. We initiated 60 girls last Fall, so it always took forever, but it was fun to sit and chat with everybody.