GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,537
0 members and 2,537 guests
No Members online

Old 06-28-2009, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ookami#61
Cool Chapter Connections

Hello Sisters! I'm part of the Gamma Delta Chapter in Kingsville, TX. I'm interested in encouraging inter-chapter communication. Maybe even a pen pal network. I know we can all get on here and post or ask questions, but I know here in Texas the only chapters are us and Gamma Gamma in Shriner. We're trying to work on involvement with them as well but we are an international sorority. I just wish our website had more in the way of network us all. Any sisters/chapters interested?
'from the outside looking in, they could never understand... from the inside looking out, we could never explain' ~ DPhiE Gamma Delta - Zeta Class Scroll #61 ~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-28-2009, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

This sounds great! Im part of the Delta Iota chapter in Queens, NY. We've been thinking about this too. We would definitely be interested.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

wow-- ironic!

I'm fromthe Gamma Gamma chapter at Schreiner University! <3

we've talked several times about this same issue-- with us being the only 2 chapters in Texas, we discussed needing to get together and start the inter-chapter relations. The secretary position- according to Team Excellence- is supposed to be "in charge" of that, but I think that has fallen by the way-side in most chapters.

I know that our chapter-- for one-- feels almost like we're on the outside because we aren't allowed to have housing per schoolrule and so we concentrate much more on the business side of things...

Anyway-- long story short (sorry for the rambling)-- YES!!! Let's!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey I'm at Capital University in Ohio, we're colonizing right now. But next year I think the girls would love to have a pen pal, or some kind of networking with the other girls! We're going to be the Gamma Kappa chapter (pretty sure).
Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOXI9 View Post
This sounds great! Im part of the Delta Iota chapter in Queens, NY. We've been thinking about this too. We would definitely be interested.
Is this the queens college chapter? I have a friend who is an alumnae, I met a bunch of girls from this chapter shortly after I graduated.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I'm the original poster but I ended up switching my account.

I tried to get the pen pal thing working with our chapter and Beta Rho from Chicago. It kinda worked. They were really amazing and sent a whole package of letters down for my sisters but unfortunately whether it was timing or I'm not sure what only a few actually maintained their pen pal relationships. I went to convention over summer and actually got to meet up with my pen pal which was great. We hung out most of convention with our great group and worked on expanding it was other chapters. We set down some new rules for how we wanted the pen pal program to work but there were some personal conflicts and then I graduated so I think the idea faltered half flight.

As alumni now, I volunteer with ihq and would be delighted to help anyone interested in picking up the Pen Pal Program again. I think it would be an amazing way for our sisters to feel that bond of sisterhood beyond just their chapter. I think it has a lot of potential.

I look forward to any new possibilities in our sisterhood!

...and proudly supporting the gentlemen of Lambda Chi Alpha since 1909...
Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was in school - back when the Internet wasn't really in college yet - I tried to gt a penpal program with our alumnae going, even back then it never really took off.

What kind of volunteering do you do? I've never been to convention, was considering possibly going next year. Maybe
Old 04-27-2011, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I currently volunteer on the CAP Review Team, part of the sororities new Standards of Excellence program that was released this year at convention. It's mostly paperwork right now but I've also applied to be a Membership Manager which is a full time job with ihq. Interview is May 2nd so we'll see how it goes.

Convention was truly life changing. I know that sounds over the top but I promise I mean that wholeheartedly. I hope to go to all of them from now on. I was an active sisters for 3 years and had my high and low moments with my individual chapter but I stuck through everything because I have a deep connection to DPhiE. After going to convention... the sisterhood that you feel... it's indescribable.

Also, I can answer the question about Queens College. Yes, that is that chapter. I had a great time with actives and alumni from that chapter at convention. I miss Runwayz and Rusanna.

...and proudly supporting the gentlemen of Lambda Chi Alpha since 1909...
Old 04-27-2011, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh that is so funny about Queens College! I was taking a summer class on campus in 1993 right after I graduated, which is how I very briefly got involved with that chapter. I recently got back in touch with my friend who is one of their alumni on Facebook.