GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,556
2 members and 1,554 guests
babobygooglet93, navane

Old 08-19-2006, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLPDaisy
I use Hoola (much thanks to GeekyPenguin for clueing me into it) and I love it. Haven't tried any of the other ones. How are they?
Dandelion is my favorite. It is very light pink and lightly shimmery but not so much that you really notice. I like how it "wakes" my face up if I'm looking particularly pale. I sometimes use it all over and then use Dallas or a darker blush on my cheekbones. Dandelion is light enough that I don't look pink all over, just look healthy and not so pale.

Georgia Peach is pretty much the same but obviously a peach shade rather than pink, it's a lot warmer.

Dallas is a darker blush/bronzer. I like it better than regular bronzers because it is closer to how I look when I've been in the sun or working out. I don't tan well so bronzers that make me look brown just come out looking like I am dirty!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2006, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm gearing up for a Bare Escentuals shopping spree (my foundation is nearly gone ), and I'd like to try out one of the Radiances - anyone have any recs on good shades for people with super-pale-yet-not-rosy skin?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKeyKKG
Dandelion is my favorite. It is very light pink and lightly shimmery but not so much that you really notice. I like how it "wakes" my face up if I'm looking particularly pale. I sometimes use it all over and then use Dallas or a darker blush on my cheekbones. Dandelion is light enough that I don't look pink all over, just look healthy and not so pale.
I just bought this at Sephora yesterday - I LOVE IT. It makes me look so much more awake and healthy.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I'm a very simple girl with makeup/skin-care.

I use facial products from Artistry (Quixtar brand) or Mary Kay. In the past I only purchased lipgloss from MAC...I enjoy a natural look so those are more of the colors that I purchase...I support Covergirl!!!

I will have to check out Sephora...my budget will allow me to splurge in that direction.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRen13
I'm gearing up for a Bare Escentuals shopping spree (my foundation is nearly gone ), and I'd like to try out one of the Radiances - anyone have any recs on good shades for people with super-pale-yet-not-rosy skin?
BARE RADIANCE!!!!!! If you want more pinkish go with Pink Radiance, but BR is my favorite of all of them. Are you heading to a boutique or Sephora/Ulta?
Old 08-20-2006, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I love Bare escentuals- I have tons of their eyeshadows to go with the foundation. the foundation lasts all day- even in the humidity with sweat in Kentucky in August!

I love benefits mascara

I also got a bottle of SK-II for my skin- the essence- okay this stuff is SUPER expensive, BUT between that and the bare escentuals- my acne is totally gone, my skin is super soft and the start of crows feet is gone- not too mention my skin actually "glows" and people have noticed! I have people telling my my skin looks incredible without makeup- which never used to happen!

So if you have the $ buy a bottle.
I sincerely think it is the fountain of youth bottled.
And no I didn't buy it, it was a gift, so trust me i know I need to start saving for the bottle I will need to buy once I run out of this bottle.

Facebook
Old 08-21-2006, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyglo
I also got a bottle of SK-II for my skin- the essence- okay this stuff is SUPER expensive, BUT between that and the bare escentuals- my acne is totally gone, my skin is super soft and the start of crows feet is gone- not too mention my skin actually "glows" and people have noticed! I have people telling my my skin looks incredible without makeup- which never used to happen!
What is SK-II? I haven't heard of it but that is a "glowing" recommendation.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum
BARE RADIANCE!!!!!! If you want more pinkish go with Pink Radiance, but BR is my favorite of all of them. Are you heading to a boutique or Sephora/Ulta?
Sephora. (Always dangerous to do, I always spend more than I mean to ... )
Old 08-21-2006, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum
I use the Clinique skin care line, except that I skip the moisturizer as my skin is quite oily enough already and I do not agree with their position that Everyone.Needs.Moisturizer. (I suspect it's a ploy to sell more moisturizer.)
I skip the moisturizer in the summer for the same reason. I also change the step # stuff I use from #3 to the mild.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul
I don't really wear makeup, but I am in love with Aveda products. My life revolves around their Self Control styling stick- any girl with short hair will love it.

I am stuck on their Philomolent (sorry if I spelled it wrong) it's lightweight, but gives me enough volume to not be a flat head! They also have some great shampoos for color treated hair. I love the way their clove shampoo smells.

As for makeup like I said I tend to be a clinique girl, but I am using a mix of eye shadows (everything from Mary Kay and Clinique to Almay) as well as eye liners. I tend to go with colors I fall in love with here as opposed to brands. I use Physicans Formula for powder/ bronzer and blushes as well as their green tinted concelear. I like they way the feel light to me. In addition to the skin care line from clinique I also use their T zone shine control and pore minimizer. I also just got Clarifying Makeup Clear Skin Formula foundation. It's really light which is good for me.

I am a lip gloss girl more then a lip stick one so I wear a mix from Burts Beeswax and C.O. Bigelow.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKeyKKG
What is SK-II? I haven't heard of it but that is a "glowing" recommendation.
http://www.sk2.com/

There is the link to it-
It is a line of products made in Japan. My now exboyfriend (we just broke up this weekend) went to Australia last month and had a stop over in South Korea. He bought a bottle for me because it's supposed to be cheaper there. Here in the states the bottle he bought me is over $200 but they do make smaller bottles- he just got me the mack daddy sized one.

They have other stuff, but on their front page you see the essence that he got me. I have to 250?ml bottle?

Facebook
Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I recently bought True Identity Foundation by Boots (a British brand) from Target. I am the worst person ever when it comes to applying makeup, and this is so light and natural that it's virtually idiot-proof.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Chanel, Chanel, and more Chanel! I'm just a wee bit addicted. I think my favourite purchase from said product line is the India nail varnish - it's mid-pink with a hint of gold, absolutely stunning! Also their Bengal lipstick is my perfect summer shade. Everytime I'm in Edinburgh, I make a beeline for the Chanel counter in Jenners, it's great! Though not so great for my bank balance...

But my most recent purchase was Boots No. 17 concealer and No. 17 Liquid eyeshadow in Tiger Lily (a really sheer shade in between buttercream and nude with gold fleks), both of which are decent given the price.

I also quite like Bourgeois and Body Shop lipglosses.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to IHeartDDD
The new Lancome Fatale mascara is great. It took me some time to get used to the different wand. You only dip it once too and it's enough for both top and bottom lashes, and both eyes. I knew it was a keeper when my boyfriend noticed I had on different mascara. No joke. Worth the $22 bucks.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartDDD
The new Lancome Fatale mascara is great. It took me some time to get used to the different wand. You only dip it once too and it's enough for both top and bottom lashes, and both eyes. I knew it was a keeper when my boyfriend noticed I had on different mascara. No joke. Worth the $22 bucks.
What is different about the wand? I am ALWAYS searching for a good mascara..I'll have to try this one.