GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,423
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, acheldarko1907
» Online Users: 2,540
0 members and 2,540 guests
No Members online

Old 06-23-2000, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by ManndingoNUPE:
For some reason, and correct me if I am wrong, but most of the people who keep saying that you shouldn't have to go through anything aren't even greeK. If it is not for you, then cool, just don't hate on those that want to. I will also have to disagree with TreTre. I feel you on everything else, but I would Never turn my back on a member of my fraternity. Paper, plastic, steal, whatever. I don't really like these terms. A true test of a persons luv, is how they conduct themselves after intiation. Any fool can take a beat down. Hell I can go out here in the street and take an ass whipping. But from what I been told, the purpose of pledging is to 1) create a bond of between the perspective members, 2) to teach them to be humble and never think yourselves better than others 3) to train them become leaders by use of various techniques both mental and physical. The leasons that a person learns through a "Process" can help them to deal with many different situations that they face in life. I have not been a greek that long, and I luv to talk to older bras that have been in The Bond for 20 or 30 years, becuase that is when you trully get an idea of what this is all about.

Peace and Luv

Skee-Yo,

I agree with what you are saying oh pretty one. Your pledging should never be in vain but if you are going to pledge know your purpose and your worth. ALL BGLO's should pledge and be pledged, but ONLY to provide unity and teach valuable lessons to propective bruh's and sorors. That is the real deal. Any other reason is not that of our founders and should not be entertained.

"Remember, if you are true to your game and true to your name, your inner-self will remain the same. If you have falsehood, it will never be good and your respect will wither away."

Just a little AKA note.

Pinkice9
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-23-2000, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you my lovely sister, but I try to steer away from the pretty image. I am simply a "Devilishly Handsome Baldheaded Wonder!" LOL. Oohps, I am being arrogant again, let me shut up and get back to work.
Old 06-24-2000, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

MandingoNupe,
I am curious to know if you became a Kappa undergrad. or grad.?
Old 06-25-2000, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I have to agree with you again bruh, A lot of people forget about the reasons for pledging and as I've said numerous times...Pledgeing is positive , it's just sometimes Hazing goes to far. And I believe that there is a difference.

The purpose of pledging is just as you put it bruh and i think that that anyone who understands your three points will not have to further question anything else

Bottom line, my soror is my soror from here til enternity

Quote:
Originally posted by ManndingoNUPE:
For some reason, and correct me if I am wrong, but most of the people who keep saying that you shouldn't have to go through anything aren't even greeK....I will also have to disagree with TreTre. I feel you on everything else, but I would Never turn my back on a member of my fraternity.... A true test of a persons luv, is how they conduct themselves after intiation. Any fool can take a beat down. Hell I can go out here in the street and take an ass whipping. But from what I been told, the purpose of pledging is to 1) create a bond of between the perspective members, 2) to teach them to be humble and never think yourselves better than others 3) to train them become leaders by use of various techniques both mental and physical. The leasons that a person learns through a "Process" can help them to deal with many different situations that they face in life. I have not been a greek that long, and I luv to talk to older bras that have been in The Bond for 20 or 30 years, becuase that is when you trully get an idea of what this is all about.

Peace and Luv
Old 06-25-2000, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

<<For some reason, and correct me if I am wrong, but most of the people who keep saying that you shouldn't have to go through
anything aren't even greeK.>>
--Well, I don't think that ANY beating, walking on-line, staying up all hours of the night doing ANYTHING, and allowing any sort of activity that's counteractive to your academic success at college should be allowed, nor should one's having to endure that be a basis of respect in a Greek organization, and I'm Greek. I do, feel, that there should be a process (very similar to the new member process I experienced) filled with education, bonding, and reinforcement of academic success as top priority. This beating stuff that's gone on is ridiculous, and it's not doing anything to better our people.
Old 06-25-2000, 09:05 AM
MandingoNUPE

I entered The Bond at the graduate level, and AlphaChigir, you are more than enttiled to your opion, I just happen to disagree to a certain degree.
Old 06-25-2000, 09:07 AM
MandingoNUPE

Sorry for the spelling errors.
Old 07-05-2000, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I am truly saddened by the people who feel they cannot truly bond with others without a physical trial-by-fire. I believe a bonding experience can be just as deep if the people involved are strongly desirous and they are given reasonable tasks to accomplish. There is strength in learning and there should be no physical pain or deprivation in order for a person to become a sister or brother. I love my sorors because I can truly "count" on them to help in any situation--I know I wouldn't love anyone who "beat me down". But as many of you have stated, this dialogue continues many years after the moratorium on hazing, but the emotional and monetary costs are staggering to the very organizations we profess to love. So Sad.