GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,718
2 members and 1,716 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 07-26-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter650 View Post
He was RIGHT though...LOL that other dress actually looked SOOOOO much better on her ! She really didn't have the body type for that trumpet silohuette that she ended up with.
I agree he was right, she looked pretty bad in them (particularly in that pink monstrosity).

I think she ended up buying a trumpet one anyway though I think, and I LOLed when he was like "well sometimes I just have to bite my tongue and realize that it's not my wedding, even when I know I'm right."

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

OMG the first registry purchase is so exciting Someone bought all of our grilling items- which I'm super excited about, because I was afraid that they would go out of season. My matron of honor said she's sending out shower invites this week, so there will be more activity soon.

Can I also say that Bed Bath & Beyond totally rocks for registries? We're registered at BB&B and Kohl's. Kohl's stock is constantly changing, I'm always having to keep an eye for things that go out of stock. And there's not a ton that I like. In hindsight, I would've done somewhere else other than Kohl's. But Kohl's has fantastic sales and coupons for people.

BB&B's online inventory is amazing. Very few things go out of stock, and there's just SO much to pick from.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post

Can I also say that Bed Bath & Beyond totally rocks for registries? We're registered at BB&B and Kohl's.

BB&B's online inventory is amazing. Very few things go out of stock, and there's just SO much to pick from.

I really like that store. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the couples I know who are engaged are registered at BB&B and/or Kohls. Most couples in the area are usually registered at any combo of the following: BB&B, Kohl's, Target, Macy's and Williams-Sonoma.

At any rate, Dani, it's so exciting that it's almost shower time for you! When is your wedding? It seems like 5 minutes ago, you were just posting about your engagement here!

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 07-29-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
OMG the first registry purchase is so exciting Someone bought all of our grilling items- which I'm super excited about, because I was afraid that they would go out of season. My matron of honor said she's sending out shower invites this week, so there will be more activity soon.

Can I also say that Bed Bath & Beyond totally rocks for registries? We're registered at BB&B and Kohl's. Kohl's stock is constantly changing, I'm always having to keep an eye for things that go out of stock. And there's not a ton that I like. In hindsight, I would've done somewhere else other than Kohl's. But Kohl's has fantastic sales and coupons for people.

OMG my Fiance almost had to install blocker software so I don't check all the time now that things are starting to come for us ! LOL it's all kinds of fun, and like overwhelming that all these people in our lives are so thoughtful and generous
Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I really like that store. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the couples I know who are engaged are registered at BB&B and/or Kohls. Most couples in the area are usually registered at any combo of the following: BB&B, Kohl's, Target, Macy's and Williams-Sonoma.

At any rate, Dani, it's so exciting that it's almost shower time for you! When is your wedding? It seems like 5 minutes ago, you were just posting about your engagement here!

The wedding is Oct. 25 and the shower is in mid September. Really getting to be crunch time!

We had our last night of Pre-Cana last night. So happy that's done. 7-9:30 four weeks in a row. Torture.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Married- changed my name- and back from the honeymoon.
Now to boring old married life-
THANK GOD

Facebook
Old 07-30-2008, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyglo View Post
Married- changed my name- and back from the honeymoon.
Now to boring old married life-
THANK GOD
Hope it was all wonderful!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
The wedding is Oct. 25 and the shower is in mid September. Really getting to be crunch time!

We had our last night of Pre-Cana last night. So happy that's done. 7-9:30 four weeks in a row. Torture.

We did the same pre cana schedule, there wasn't an Engaged Encounter we could make (or afford). Was it at St Mary of Mercy downtown? And did the woman doing the NFP lesson hand out her mucus charts (seriously, i thought i was going to die from embarrassment, and I thought my fiance was going to throw up...the last thing I wanted to know about was this woman's mucus!)
Old 08-06-2008, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just wanted to say we're date twins! I cannot believe it's under 100 days.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Got our marriage license AND our rings arrived today! Yay!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

"I wanted something plain WITH DIAMONDS!"

I pretty much love Bridezillas.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
"I wanted something plain WITH DIAMONDS!"
I pretty much love Bridezillas.
I was wondering if I was the only one to whom that made no sense.

Random wedding question for a wedding I have coming up in a few weeks:

If a couple doesn't ask you to choose your meal on the RSVP card (e.g. chicken or beef), is it safe to assume that the meal will be a buffet? Nothing in the invite says anything about food.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
If a couple doesn't ask you to choose your meal on the RSVP card (e.g. chicken or beef), is it safe to assume that the meal will be a buffet? Nothing in the invite says anything about food.

Not necessarily.

I've been to a couple of weddings where you're given a menu with 2 or 3 options and a waiter takes your order at the reception.

At my wedding, we chose a combination chicken-and-beef meal. We had a handful of guests who kept kosher or were vegetarian, and we picked out a pasta dish for them. Otherwise, everyone got the combo plate, and if there was something on it that you didn't want to eat, you just didn't eat it - the portion was ample enough that no one was hungry.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
We did the same pre cana schedule, there wasn't an Engaged Encounter we could make (or afford). Was it at St Mary of Mercy downtown? And did the woman doing the NFP lesson hand out her mucus charts (seriously, i thought i was going to die from embarrassment, and I thought my fiance was going to throw up...the last thing I wanted to know about was this woman's mucus!)
We didn't want to have to give up an entire weekend or pay a lot of money to eat bad food and sleep with strange roommates!

We did do the St. Mary's... and we had mucus woman... That was way too much. Funny how all of the women who practice NFP as birth control all had a minimum of seven kids!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi Sailorgirl View Post
Just wanted to say we're date twins! I cannot believe it's under 100 days.
It's what, 79? There's so much to do, and for me personally my work is getting more stressful... not what I need, lol!