GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Psi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,346
2 members and 2,344 guests
Cookiez17, flamboyanttree

Old 02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Update From Urbana

I just stumbled upon this website today. It'd be nice if more chapters knew about it. Anyways, here's what we've been up to at the University of Illinois, Alpha Epsilon Chapter:

-Summer 2005: Replace old lights in dining room. Got new ceiling fans and it looks 10 x better.

-Fall 2005: Replace kitchen floor and paint kitchen walls.

-Last weekend, Friday 10th-Sunday12th: Sent 4 brave brothers to Canada in a blizzard to Toronto LTI. They hung out at Theta Xi and Tau Theta's houses, "liberating" a couple of select items to encourage them to come on back and visit us. A note was left at the Tau Theta house telling the guys that if they wanted to see their sign again they'd have to come down to Illinois and bring it back.

- Morning of Monday 13th: As I'm studying in my room, I hear the doorbell ring, and go to check it out. It's Peter, Brian, and Brandon from the Tau Theta Chapter. I'll be damned if they hadn't driven all night ACROSS AN INTERNATIONAL BORDER for their sign less than 24 hours after we took it. This is our newest chapter and they're already doing it up Comstock-style. We went out for the night to a campus bar and the guys had a great time. Brandon and Brian even helped us bet Chi Psi in an intermural bball game. By the way, if anyone's driving through Oshawa anytime soon, be on the look out for AE's Chapter Flag and an Illinois Fighting Illini wall clock. That thing got us to class on time!

-This weekend we will be sending a contingent of approximately 8 AE Zetes (Me Included) down to our Tulane chapter to help them celebrate Mardi Gras. Maybe we'll see some of you there...

-I'm also happy to mention we're in the middle of our best recruitment semester in the last 12 years. Our active membership is 22 brothers, and we have 9 pledges this semester, all freshmen. We're really excited, as they are all quality guys.

-Finally, we're always looking for road trip ideas, and our house isn't very large, but we're always willing to host other chapters too. Our phone number is 217-344-4280 or you can check out our website at http://alphaepsilon.zetasite.com

In TKPhi
Dan Skinner '07
Phi 2005
Sigma Pho 2006
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey!!

Good to hear from you! It is great to hear that your chapter is doing so well. It's not often we hear the happenings of the other chapters aside from LTI's or Conventions. It would be nice to have more Zetes post in places like these to share ideas and information.

I'll provide an update on the Alpha Mu Chapter. We are currently finishing up our fall pledge period and it looks like we will have 3 new members within a few weeks. Well it is not a large number it is still quite significant for us, seeing as we are down to about 8-9 members right now.

We find that we do not get out to see the other chapters very often aside from major events, since UNB closed last year. As the closest chapter is a good 12 hour plus drive away we've had a serious lack of roadtrips lately. If you do ever find yourselves on the East Coast of Canada we are always looking at entertaining people, although we have no house we will show you a fantastic time!!

TKphi
Matt
Alpha Mu, Halifax NS
Old 05-19-2006, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TKPhi
I thought I would trumpet Alpha Beta's 3 new pledges, all great guys. We'll be out of the house for a few years, building numbers. The house is safely rented and in great shape, and we retain access to the chapter room. That room, BTW, is now the finest in Zeta Psi by far.
TK