GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,835
1 members and 1,834 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-03-2005, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Preffing 2 or 3

Last edited by Jen; 08-14-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I liked having a wider choice -- I couldn't imagine only going to two houses.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOPIHottie Send a message via Yahoo to AOPIHottie
Well, we only had two to choose from, AOII & AGD, and that was hard enough for me, I couldnt imagine 3! I feel so sorry for all you ladies who have a ton of houses to visit and try to decide on. It was hard enough, and stressful enough trying to visit just the two houses!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

we could only pref 2 houses. of course, there were only 4 orgs, so i guess it depends on the number of houses on campus.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

back in the day

at fsu, you went to one pref party after the other-for instance, one started at 5 and finished at 6, the next would be at 6:30 and go to 7:30 and the third would begin at 8 and go to 9.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

We had 11 sororities, and could pref 2. At that time, there was no firm rules on how much they could serve, but the ones I went to served very lovely desserts.

I wouldn't have minded going to three instead of two, but I'm the wrong person to ask since I already knew which order I wanted!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:42 PM

We have 6 sororities. At our school pref is in the morning and the maximum is 3-though most end up with 2. They are an hour long I believe, and you start at 8 am. Girls are usually done with prefs by noon or 12:30. Then they have some time to rank their final choices and hand them in by 2 pm. Bids are then matched and Bid Night takes place around 7 pm. It's a really hectic schedule.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
We have 6 sororities. At our school pref is in the morning and the maximum is 3-though most end up with 2. They are an hour long I believe, and you start at 8 am. Girls are usually done with prefs by noon or 12:30. Then they have some time to rank their final choices and hand them in by 2 pm. Bids are then matched and Bid Night takes place around 7 pm. It's a really hectic schedule.
Oh holy crap, that would be nuts. It's crazy enough trying to do 6 final parties friday-saturday, bid match sunday, bid day monday.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
Oh holy crap, that would be nuts. It's crazy enough trying to do 6 final parties friday-saturday, bid match sunday, bid day monday.
It was like that the previous year, but the university didn't like the idea of Bid Day on a Monday because alot of girls either had to miss class or miss their Bid Day festivities.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
UBC did that this year. The first pref party was about 930 and the next was about 11. Then did the Bid Matching and Bid Night was about 6PM. Man that was a LONG day. When I got home I was asleep the second my head hit the pillow (aries, you can relate to this one)

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
Old 02-04-2005, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ariesrising
Oh hell yeah lol....but I kind of liked having Bid Day the same day as Pref, despite the longness of it. It would suck to have to wait til the next day to find out who your new members are.
Oh, my school can top that. Some years (including the year that I rushed), pref and bid day are TWO days apart. Pref is always on a Friday night, and if there's a football game on Saturday, they'll push bid day back until Sunday. Needless to say, I was freaking out the year that I rushed, having to wait that long.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Commuter school = Pref & bid night are right after each other...we ususally have a quota of 3-5 so it isn't that bad. And the girls can go back to all three, and I have yet to see a girl that got an invite to all three not show up to all three, even if they knew where they wanted to be. This year a girl went to all three and only ranked 2 out of the 3 however.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 02-19-2005, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Maximum we could pref was 3. I liked it...I can't imagine only being able to pref 2. It was a little overwhelming, though, since the emotion factor at pref parties can run sort of high sometimes, and when you've just gotten done with 3 houses of sobbing girls, it can be tough. With me, I knew for a fact which sorority I was going to put down as my 3rd choice, no questions asked. It was my least favorite. However, I had a little more difficulty deciding between 1st and 2nd choice...I had a feeling, but I also knew some of the sisters in the other house and I knew they really wanted me, so that made things a little more complicated. If I hadn't known anyone in any of the houses, it would have been a snap.

Edited to add: We did all 3 of our pref parties the same day. They were all approximately an hour to an hour and a half (I can't really remember), and they were one right after the other in the middle of the day.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
4 sororities

4 1st day (required)
4 2nd day (if you were invited)
3 3rd day (if you were invited and you chose to go)
2 4th day (if you were invited and chose to go)
5th day was bid day.

That was ten years ago. I like what is coming around the corner where stronger sororities had to release more pnms on the 2nd day. . . because some sororities would keep some girls just for numbers that they would never give a bid. . . which I think is cruel to pnm's and makes them not give the other sororities a chance.

I personally knew what sorority I wanted when I started rush so I had a good time going to all of the parties thinking/knowing what I wanted in the end lifted a big weight off of my shoulders.

I couldnt imagine what it would be like to give a bid the same night as pref though, because pref is emotional for pnms and sisters so to have a night of hopefull excitement for both sides probably keeps everything in perspective for both sides.