GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,675
2 members and 1,673 guests
flamboyanttree, gatordeltapgh

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

To top it off, when they went outside for a smoke, I had to go out and talk on my phone (I got bad reception) and I overheard them saying they didn't know why I was MOH because I'm "a skinny little biotch." I didn't say anything of course but um, they're THIRTY, isn't it time for them to grow up?

Gracefully. bow. out. NOW. When asked why, be sure to explain that you're a skinny little biotch, so it doesn't matter much anyways...

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 02-21-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so excited about my best friend/sorority sister's wedding. I am one of the bridesmaids. It is not until October, but it is going to be an amazing week in Palm Coast, FL. (Palm Coast is right in between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach.)
Old 02-20-2008, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
Gracefully. bow. out. NOW. When asked why, be sure to explain that you're a skinny little biotch, so it doesn't matter much anyways...
Co-sign.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
He sounds like a peach!!! What a joy he'll be to live with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
omg. i agree with nittany....

that will be a fun household for kids to grow up in.
Yeah, I pretty much agree, but she's been with him for five years. It took him that long to decide he wanted to get married.

KSUViolets, you've got enough drama going on there for a reality show.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:23 PM

Guys, I'm deleting all my posts in this particular thread, out of respect for my sisters. In light of the whole "discussing chapter sisters" I feel badly for posting all this stuff about them. Hopefully you guys can respect that. Carry on with your own stories and such though!

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 02-21-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
So I've never been in a wedding. Ever. So I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with attendant gifts. My mom is of the impression that you give some sort of jewelry to wear on the day, and some other things as well. Is this correct?

If so, I think I may have found something perfect for our wedding. We're getting hitched the end of November, and our "colours" (I *hate* that btw) are browns and golds (very loose with this). I happened to find this necklace while flipping through Etsy.com, an addiction of mine. I'm thinking that its very pretty, and handmade, and there are a few different leaves in use, so I could get a unique one for each BM.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8478184

Any thoughts? Hints? Help? I'm wedding challenged at times.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Guys, I'm deleting all my posts in this particular thread, out of respect for my sisters. In light of the whole "discussing chapter sisters" I feel badly for posting all this stuff about them. Hopefully you guys can respect that. Carry on with your own stories and such though!
I'm sad (because they are so entertaining), but understand your concern. Since we won't be hearing more about your MOH adventures, good luck! We all feel for ya.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
So I've never been in a wedding. Ever. So I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with attendant gifts. My mom is of the impression that you give some sort of jewelry to wear on the day, and some other things as well. Is this correct?

If so, I think I may have found something perfect for our wedding. We're getting hitched the end of November, and our "colours" (I *hate* that btw) are browns and golds (very loose with this). I happened to find this necklace while flipping through Etsy.com, an addiction of mine. I'm thinking that its very pretty, and handmade, and there are a few different leaves in use, so I could get a unique one for each BM.

the necklace is beautiful. i would be happy to receive one as an attendant(or any other) gift. good choice!!

ps. i always thought i would get married in the fall, because i love fall colors, but alas my husband wanted a june wedding.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:

I think that's lovely! And they're thoughtful, unique and most importantly, useful. I was in a wedding once where the bride gave us earrings to wear (she was very into the matchy-matchy so this got us all to even have the same earrings). But that ended up being my favorite attendant gift I ever received, it was one less thing I had to buy for the wedding and I could use them afterwards in my real life (god knows I couldn't use the dress again ).
Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

PhoenixAzul,
That necklace is beautiful. From what I know about attendant gifts, normally brides give day-of jewelry and then other items they think the BMs would like. Nowadays gifts have been leaning toward more personalized per BM than getting them all the same thing.

Just to give an example, I've gotten so far, LL Bean tote bags (major sale at the outlets) that I am going to get embroidered and black pashminas. I've already told the girls not to worry about jewelry that I'll get them that as well. I'm thinking I'll add makeup/toiletry bag, flip flops for the reception, and then one personal item for each girl.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:55 PM

I've just seen pictures of the castle where my Twin is getting married and it's beautiful. I'm so excited for he!

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite attendants' gifts have been a Tiffany keychain (I still use it! It's classy looking and I don't have to break a nail every time I need to switch keys) and a totebag with my monogram embroidered on it--it's the perfect size for overnight trips or to use as a carry-on when I fly. I have enjoyed receiving jewelry, but useful gifts are always appreciated.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I think those would be a great attendant gift. I usually hate getting jewelry for it (because usually it's crap from the Icing or that type of store) but this looks like a nice necklace most people would be happy to wear again.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't do the jewelry thing for my attendants because they all had different dresses and there was no way one piece of jewelry was going to suit them all.

I got galvanized buckets a filled them with a picture frame with a picture of us early in our "relationship" and a space for a pic from the wedding (which I sent to them all later), some candles, flip flops (for the reception) and some other stuff. I wanted it to be something more fun for them. Plus, I hate it when other people try to buy me jewelry.

War Eagle
Old 02-22-2008, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

How do people stay married without cheating?

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?