GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,136
2 members and 2,134 guests
baleeytts5002, Kevin

Old 01-12-2007, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kjudicious Send a message via Yahoo to Kjudicious
Junior

Hey! How ya'll doin big bruhs? I hope I'm not violating the Kommandments by posting this, but I didn't want to post in the introduction thread because I'm not a Nupe...yet. I am Corbin a.k.a. Kjudicious and I'm a high-schooler in lil' old Chattanooga, Tennessee. We started a Kappa League program last semester and guess who was inducted into the KL Ace Klub? What I wanted was my big bruhs' thoughts about junior organizations like the Kappa League. Do you think there is really an advantage in being in a Kappa League?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to nonchalant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjudicious View Post
Hey! How ya'll doin big bruhs? I hope I'm not violating the Kommandments by posting this, but I didn't want to post in the introduction thread because I'm not a Nupe...yet. I am Corbin a.k.a. Kjudicious and I'm a high-schooler in lil' old Chattanooga, Tennessee. We started a Kappa League program last semester and guess who was inducted into the KL Ace Klub? What I wanted was my big bruhs' thoughts about junior organizations like the Kappa League. Do you think there is really an advantage in being in a Kappa League?

Awww!!! How precious!!! Also, take a look at the siggy. That's so cute. He even gave his name and where he is at. One of my friends did Kappa League and joined Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
Awww!!! How precious!!! Also, take a look at the siggy. That's so cute. He even gave his name and where he is at. One of my friends did Kappa League and joined Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Well, I'm not him and didn't ask for that comment. No offense meant, but seriously. I am cute, though. I'm going to pledge Kappa Alpha Psi and even if I don't make it, I won't be trying for another fraternity. That's dumb and makes you look desperate. Why spend three years of my life on Kappa League and join some other fraternity?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe because KL is not a stepping stone to membership, but an opportunity for leadership development and mentoring?

Are girls who get scholarships from AKA only allowed to join AKA?

What about boys who get scholarships from Deltas, do they have to be Gents???
Old 01-13-2007, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Good point, but if done to the specifications of a real bruh, it shouldn't be that way. Maybe it's just me and who I am, but that seems rather stupid, right? There is a LOT to learn, what with the basic history of the Fraternity and any other poems, songs, or information. Of course, I could see why they would do it for the scholarship money. But to spend three years...
Old 01-13-2007, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well, I'm not him and didn't ask for that comment. No offense meant, but seriously. I am cute, though. I'm going to pledge Kappa Alpha Psi and even if I don't make it, I won't be trying for another fraternity. That's dumb and makes you look desperate. Why spend three years of my life on Kappa League and join some other fraternity?
LOL.

Thanks for showing up and also posting in that other thread.

Checkmate and check please!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There is a LOT to learn
Start with learning to NOT post on here, young one.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Uh...Okay. You win.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Uh...Okay. You win.

LOL. Don't be like that. Never give up.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

It's not necessarily giving up, just realizing that some people's heads are too thick to get through to.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's not necessarily giving up, just realizing that some people's heads are too thick to get through to.

Trust and believe, I agree. Some people are here to help you. Others are here to poke fun and gain amusement out of you. You can tell the difference by what the person post. Sometimes, I'm here to do both, lol. Continue to post as you wish. Don't let anyone(including me) lead you astray. Many of people have been run off cuz they can't handle what people say in the GC world. Learn each individual's character and feed off of it. Be easy.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalant View Post
Trust and believe, I agree. Some people are here to help you. Others are here to poke fun and gain amusement out of you. You can tell the difference by what the person post. Sometimes, I'm here to do both, lol. Continue to post as you wish. Don't let anyone(including me) lead you astray. Many of people have been run off cuz they can't handle what people say in the GC world. Learn each individual's character and feed off of it. Be easy.
You're putting 10 on 2.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Good point, but if done to the specifications of a real bruh, it shouldn't be that way. Maybe it's just me and who I am, but that seems rather stupid, right? There is a LOT to learn, what with the basic history of the Fraternity and any other poems, songs, or information. Of course, I could see why they would do it for the scholarship money. But to spend three years...
Trust and believe, grasshopper that what you are being told by most of us is in your best interest. If you are still in learning mode in Kappa League then chances are you haven't gotten to the lesson on discretion.

On a public message board, it is not a good idea to : tell your real name, your location, that you WILL pledge an org., etc. I mean just using the word pledge sends up a red flag. And you will learn that whether you are chosen to participate in membership intake is not your will, but the will of the org. The best you can do is HOPE to be chosen.

What if what you have posted here gets back to your KL chapter? Do you think the members of KAPsi would be pleased that you have put their business out there like that?
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally some adults!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalant
Another good point. I appreciate that, Nonchalant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek
If you are still in learning mode in Kappa League then chances are you haven't gotten to the lesson on discretion.

On a public message board, it is not a good idea to : tell your real name, your location, that you WILL pledge an org., etc. I mean just using the word pledge sends up a red flag. And you will learn that whether you are chosen to participate in membership intake is not your will, but the will of the org. The best you can do is HOPE to be chosen.

What if what you have posted here gets back to your KL chapter? Do you think the members of KAPsi would be pleased that you have put their business out there like that?
We are still in the training phases, so I guess we haven't gotten there yet. I appreciate the advice and I guess it wouldn't be good. Thanks. I'm mad that you called me "grasshopper," though. Karate Kid references and all.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Finally some adults!

We are still in the training phases
Which explains your lack of humility.