GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 1,982
1 members and 1,981 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-26-2008, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Party Help

Most of the parties we throw end up being rather plain and somewhat boring. The only attractions are alcohol, beer pong, and music. I'm not looking for big ideas, like themes or better locations. What I need is smaller things that I could add to improve the enjoyment of the party. It could even be as simple as "Use black lights" or "setup an extra table for flip-cup". Any ideas would help.

Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

try having a theme party. ie Rave parties have been particularly successful. Or possibly a "pimps and hoes" or even a cliche toga party.

For the cheapest solution to spice up a party, creaty and ice luge. It takes just water a freezer and a large container. Melt some paths down it with a torch or shave it out with a ice pick.

Hope you can get the party started!

University of Akron
Old 09-17-2008, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Girls.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller11386 View Post
ie Rave parties have been particularly successful.
Holy fuck son, a rave?
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller11386 View Post
Or possibly a "pimps and hoes" . . . .
New around here, aren't you?

And CrackerBarrel is right.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Try making your party ultra exclusive by using a list and a doorman. People love to feel V.I.P. -- you can also set up a "VIP" room in the house for your close friends and girls.

or

Go for an upscale cocktail party with cocktail attire required.

If you have good music and plenty of drinks then the crowd is the reason your parties suck. I've been to fantastic parties with a keg and an old school boombox.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Unregistered-

^^^

Gotta love stealth spam.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
^^^

Gotta love stealth spam.
This was even MORE stealth. Put this under the Pimps and Hos party theme thread...

I think its just a stupid theme...I mean, how many times have you been to one of these boring and repetititve parties. Use your brains a little bit. We're all paying a lot of money to educate our nuggets, so I think we can all come up with something more creative than "Pimps and Ho's" Come on!

5thYear.com
free party ideas...free party advice.

@~/~~~~
Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Try Pulling off the P.diddy Black and white party! Man I did this and it was fun. We even had a wall that was the Posing wall and if people wanted to take pictures they'd look for the Photographer!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a 70's theme party (but it was more like a trip) where we had remixed 70's dance songs, disco ball, black lights, strobe lights, pretty much lights that you see at and club. (lights help out alot.) We had tie dye sheets along the walls. A hure flower that stood up in the middle of the basement that spread out on the ceiling. A gogo dancer stage... pretty much we went all out to make it crazy. Ask your brothers for ideas find a good one and take off from there. But if youre doing regular parties lights help out alot I cant stress that enough. And play good music and keep it a variety of the years because people go wild for "old school songs" (but not too old school). And we had a 90's theme rush were we played 90's songs and everyone loved it.

Last edited by DKFSocial; 03-24-2009 at 01:04 PM.