GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,656
0 members and 2,656 guests
No Members online

Old 03-08-2008, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
I hope Theta gets picked!!! Being a founding sister is such an amazing experience!!!!!

I thought it was interesting after reading the posted article that last year the sororities invited to campus were Pi Beta Phi, Chi Omega, and Theta. I just found this ironic as it was those same three that were invited to my campus last year! I am so glad Theta got chosen then!
Sorry for crashing - I'm an advisor for ADPi at GWU and attended all of the presentations. I thought Theta's was lovely, but I'm biased since my mom and sister are Thetas. We have selected a group to come to campus, but the result isn't public yet...I'm guessing it will be announced next week.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-14-2008, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Missoula, but my heart has always been and will always be in the land of dixie
Send a message via AIM to MontanaTheta
I attend the University of Montana, but have many friends at Auburn University who have repeatedly expressed wishes to have Theta recolonize there. I have also spoken to Theta alum who graduated from Auburn and wish that their sacred sisterhood could be restored there. The same holds true for Colorado State. I guess being a military kid has me knowing people all over! I routinely travel to Auburn at least once a year, and would love to have a chapter to visit, since I don't get the opportunity to go to Tuscaloosa as often (the boyfriend is at Auburn, where one of the two best friends is a Kappa and the other is not affiliated)

Allow your kite to soar to the heavens; never hold the strings too tight.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Montana-

Your wish has come true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Kates View Post
Kappa Alpha Theta will be recolonizing at Auburn University in the Spring of 2009. We are thrilled to be bringing back the Gamma Omega chapter.

Amy Kates
Old 06-20-2008, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I would love for Theta to recolonize the Delta Rho Chapter at the University of South Florida! There is HUGE amount of alumnae support here, with many of the original founders still around!

Old 07-19-2008, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Missoula, but my heart has always been and will always be in the land of dixie
Send a message via AIM to MontanaTheta
I know! I'm so excited that Auburn is being recolonized! I already know of girls whose interest is very high of becoming Thetas there!

Allow your kite to soar to the heavens; never hold the strings too tight.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Pardon my lurking, but I wiould like to see Theta come back to Univ. of California, Riverside. Theta was there during my undergraduate days, but have been gone for some time now (I think at least 10 years). I think it's time for Theta to come back and certainly wish you the best! I know there are still alumnae living locally, as I run into them from time to time around town.

A Kite and Key would be AWESOME!

~A Kappa Friend
Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't think Epsilon Kappa chapter would ever be recolonized given the presence of the Epsilon Kappa Theta sorority there. Seems like it'd be too divisive. Dartmouth is, by my guess, a forever lost cause. Too bad though!

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 09-28-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: we dont discuss membership selection here.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesIAmGreek View Post
I don't think Epsilon Kappa chapter would ever be recolonized given the presence of the Epsilon Kappa Theta sorority there. Seems like it'd be too divisive. Dartmouth is, by my guess, a forever lost cause. Too bad though!
The two have nothing to do with each other. If it is a lost cause it wont be for that reason.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Amberashley
Epsilon Kappa Theta used to be the Epsilon Kappa chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta, which is why it's, more than likely, a lost cause.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADqtPiMel View Post
Sorry for crashing - I'm an advisor for ADPi at GWU and attended all of the presentations. I thought Theta's was lovely, but I'm biased since my mom and sister are Thetas. We have selected a group to come to campus, but the result isn't public yet...I'm guessing it will be announced next week.
Theta @ GWU would be FANTASTIC!

What about NCSU, too?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
The two have nothing to do with each other. If it is a lost cause it wont be for that reason.
That is true. Panhellenic has been open to recolonizing NPC groups, even if that group has "gone local" (we have three such chapters Theta-->EKO, sigma kappa-->sigma delta, AXO-->KDE).

We were recently open for extension, but we have already selected our GLO and they are newly on campus.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Gamma chapter at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL. Is has been gone since 99-00 and was an old chapter rich in history. Would love to see it return.

Same goes for Stetson University in DeLand, Florida. Not an old chapter, but only about 20 when it was disestablished.
Both are excellent schools where Theta needs to be!

You don't become a Kappa Alpha Theta, a Theta is something you have always been!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Theta was one of three chapters selected to present at Creighton University in Omaha. I'm excited to attend our extension presention tomorrow evening.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:37 PM

Theta presented at Creighton University. Any news as to if we got picked or not?
Old 11-15-2009, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash the Theta forum, but I would like to see Kappa Alpha Theta at my alma mater, Georgia Tech. I have always admired Theta and think it'd be a great fit for GT. Plus, y'all would match the school colors!