GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,460
1 members and 1,459 guests
naraht

Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Involuntary Inactivity

Does anyone on here know anything about the involuntary inactivity process in Theta and what it takes to become an active member again?
Old 12-11-2013, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes actually I know a lot about it. A public forum is not the place to discuss this. You need to contact Headquarters with this question.

I'm a little confused because in your other thread you said that you had transferred to Towson and that you wanted to start a Theta chapter there.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44sgirl View Post
Does anyone on here know anything about the involuntary inactivity process in Theta and what it takes to become an active member again?
QFP

@~/~~~~
Old 12-11-2013, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

To clarify….I am not involuntarily inactive. I transferred schools and therefore have alumna status. I am simply inquiring about involuntary inactivity due to circumstances involving a friend of mine from my prior university. I'm not going to share any info as to what these circumstances were because it is personal for that sister. I was just wondering what exactly it means to be involuntarily inactive, why HQ would use that rather than a probation or regular inactivity, and whether or not she will be able to go active again.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Maybe your friend should investigate these things for herself through the appropriate channels rather than posting Theta business on a very public message board. Sorry for the intrusion to my Theta Panhellenic sisters.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Maybe your friend should investigate these things for herself through the appropriate channels rather than posting Theta business on a very public message board. Sorry for the intrusion to my Theta Panhellenic sisters.
No problem, no apology necessary! You're always welcome AOII Angel. The OP is now asking questions about discipline in addition to her original question, which is Chapter business, not to be broadcast all over the Internet (or even outside the Chapter room). Those questions can be answered by Chapter officers and advisors.

OP, if you want to know specifics about involuntary inactivity, contact HQ. Your friend knows what needs to happen. Believe me.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 12-11-2013, 02:40 PM

You can also review the Kappa Alpha Theta Constitution & Bylaws regarding Inactivity. This is available on the Theta website to all initiated members in the passworded section.

And on further note, Involuntary Inactivity is an extremely rare occurrence.

I would also echo what AzTheta told you regarding contacting your chapter advisor and CDD for guidance, not seeking answers or discussing it on Greekchat!

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 12-11-2013 at 02:42 PM.