GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,398
1 members and 1,397 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-27-2016, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Death of Colorado State Kappa Kappa Gamma skiing at Breckenridge

Breckenridge has been slow to report skier deaths this season.
This is just now reaching the media.

Quote:
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - Catie Abeyta, the 20-year-old woman who died after crashing into a tree at Breckenridge ski resort Sunday, was one of 86 people honored in a remembrance ceremony at Colorado State University this week.
The event, titled Rams Remember Rams, honored CSU students, staff, faculty and retired employees who passed away during this academic year.
"Many students in attendance were members of Fraternity and Sorority Life, coming to provide support and condolences to members of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, who recently lost a sister, sophomore biological science major Catie Abeyta," officials said.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...eremony-at-csu

http://www.westword.com/news/catie-a...ng-day-7847290

My thoughts and prayers go out to Catie's family, friends and sisters.
Per the article, Catie, was wearing a helmet.

Please, people, wear a helmet. Despite what happened to Catie, it can save your life. You don't need to run into a tree to have a head injury on the slopes.

SKI IN CONTROL.

I know the run that Catie was killed on. No, I was that there that day. I have skied it many times. No, I do not know Catie.

This is the third death at Breckenridge this month. I don't know why there have been this many in a month. I love my sport as indicated by username.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )