GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 320,760
Threads: 115,166
Posts: 2,182,360
Welcome to our newest member, DeeGeegirlie
» Online Users: 139
2 members and 137 guests
rmonclermc10071
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-10-2021, 10:28 PM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 183
I think Rachel on Friends was a "Kappa Kappa Delta". I don't think they ever mentioned if Monica was in a sorority.
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Loving, Leading, Lasting
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-11-2021, 01:32 AM
ASTalumna06 ASTalumna06 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
I think Rachel on Friends was a "Kappa Kappa Delta". I don't think they ever mentioned if Monica was in a sorority.
And don't forget Phoebe! She was in Thigh Mega Tampon. They were really huge, but they were shut down when Regina Phalange died of alcohol poisoning.
__________________
I believe in the values of friendship and fidelity to purpose

@~/~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-11-2021, 01:12 PM
navane navane is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,745



There was an episode of Last Man Standing where Mandy rushes for a sorority. She pledges "Kappa Kappa Nu"; but, the letters on her shirt say "Kappa Kappa Pi". She later drops out of the sorority when she realizes that her boyfriend, Kyle, isn't really welcome at Greek events.
__________________
GFB Z
Gamma Phi Beta

True and Constant
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-30-2022, 09:46 PM
SquirrelyDays SquirrelyDays is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: under the palm trees
Posts: 58
21 Jump Street - Hell Week episode

The crew is investigating a rape on a college campus and infiltrates “Pi Nu Fraternity” and “Delta Rho Chi Fraternity”
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-01-2022, 08:50 AM
carnation carnation is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 12,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post



There was an episode of Last Man Standing where Mandy rushes for a sorority. She pledges "Kappa Kappa Nu"; but, the letters on her shirt say "Kappa Kappa Pi". She later drops out of the sorority when she realizes that her boyfriend, Kyle, isn't really welcome at Greek events.

That is so weird. Throughout my whole life at any campus where I worked, volunteered, or was Greek, I never heard anyone even hint that a non-Greek date wasn't welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-01-2022, 05:18 PM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
That is so weird. Throughout my whole life at any campus where I worked, volunteered, or was Greek, I never heard anyone even hint that a non-Greek date wasn't welcome.
My mom was pretty severely harassed by sorority women on her campus because she was a GDI dating a fraternity man (my dad, a TKE). When I wanted to join a sorority, she was dead set against it because of how sorority women had treated her in college. My dad was supportive though so I went ahead with it. After our first mother-daughter tea, my mom changed her mind because my sisters were so warm and friendly.
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-01-2022, 06:07 PM
carnation carnation is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 12,959
That's good! I married an independent and so did all of my Greek kids except one and none of the spouses were harassed.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-02-2022, 11:11 AM
naraht naraht is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Rockville,MD,USA
Posts: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Check out https://gyaanipedia.fandom.com/wiki/...and_sororities

This *used* to be a wikipedia page, but it was deleted.
Previously deleted page at https://deletionpedia.org/en/List_of...and_sororities
__________________
Because "undergrads, please abandon your national policies and make something up" will end well --KnightShadow
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-02-2022, 06:37 PM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
That's good! I married an independent and so did all of my Greek kids except one and none of the spouses were harassed.
Six of my Alpha Gam sisters and I all married men from the same fraternity and we are all divorced so... lol.
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-04-2022, 02:57 PM
SAEalumnus SAEalumnus is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,755
I can't find a shot to screen grab, but Fred Savage, who is an SAE from Stanford University, starred on a short-lived TV show called "Working." Any scenes from his apartment showed his SAE paddle mounted on the wall.
__________________
SAE, Master Mason & Past Master, Sciot, 32 Scottish Rite Mason, RAM/SEM/KT York Rite Mason, Shriner
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-04-2022, 04:37 PM
naraht naraht is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Rockville,MD,USA
Posts: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEalumnus View Post
I can't find a shot to screen grab, but Fred Savage, who is an SAE from Stanford University, starred on a short-lived TV show called "Working." Any scenes from his apartment showed his SAE paddle mounted on the wall.
At a distance..
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxU_XhEa8...l6egxOxHirrRp6
__________________
Because "undergrads, please abandon your national policies and make something up" will end well --KnightShadow
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-10-2022, 11:18 PM
JonInKC JonInKC is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: I am not in KC!
Posts: 857
Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
My mom was pretty severely harassed by sorority women on her campus because she was a GDI dating a fraternity man (my dad, a TKE). When I wanted to join a sorority, she was dead set against it because of how sorority women had treated her in college. My dad was supportive though so I went ahead with it. After our first mother-daughter tea, my mom changed her mind because my sisters were so warm and friendly.

Those women were jealous of your Mom. I mean, there's only so many Tekes available.
__________________
"Playing in this nice weather really makes me remember all the times I got stung by a bee." - John Madden

p a w e a since 1899
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-11-2022, 06:34 AM
honeychile's Avatar
honeychile honeychile is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Counting my blessings!
Posts: 29,005
We were watching Everybody Loves Raymond the other, the episode called The Breakup Tape. Raymond's college girlfriend leaves a message on his answering machine to break up with him. He goes on to mention that he went to a Kappa Delt party with her.
__________________
~ *~"ADPi until I die!"~*~
Proud to be a Macon Magnolia
"He who is not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-11-2022, 05:18 PM
JonInKC JonInKC is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: I am not in KC!
Posts: 857
Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
How can anyone not mention this epic ADPI clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGEE3zcAbho
__________________
"Playing in this nice weather really makes me remember all the times I got stung by a bee." - John Madden

p a w e a since 1899
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-11-2022, 10:09 PM
honeychile's Avatar
honeychile honeychile is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Counting my blessings!
Posts: 29,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInKC View Post
How can anyone not mention this epic ADPI clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGEE3zcAbho
Always a classic!
__________________
~ *~"ADPi until I die!"~*~
Proud to be a Macon Magnolia
"He who is not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sitcoms on DVD DableST_1 Delta Sigma Theta 70 10-04-2006 09:41 AM
Old Sitcoms Nupeology Kappa Alpha Psi 15 05-31-2006 07:03 AM
Favorite family-friendly 90s sitcoms Rudey Chit Chat 31 05-02-2006 07:03 PM
5 Favorite SitComs of ALL TIME!!! PhiPsiRuss Entertainment 33 06-11-2004 10:14 AM
Favorite Sitcoms/Classics Miami1839 Beta Theta Pi 0 10-14-2001 08:31 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.