GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 320,818
Threads: 115,174
Posts: 2,182,558
Welcome to our newest member, CarmineWhy
» Online Users: 158
1 members and 157 guests
naraht
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-20-2022, 08:12 PM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyDays View Post
Iím attending the Alpha Gam convention this summer. It will be my 6th convention but my first time as a delegate. Iím nervous that I will make a mistake or forget where Iím supposed to be when, but Iím ready to do my best.
You'll be fine Just follow the hoard of Alpha Gams going into the rooms! Seriously though, there will be an agenda in your bag that you'll get when you register which will have where things are, what time, which rooms, etc. You will want to leave for meals early because the hotel elevators will get ridiculously crowded going down. The lower floor you're on the more problematic this becomes. The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-21-2022, 06:50 AM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
You'll be fine The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator
I think I learned this one the hard way in Indianapolis! LOL.
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Loving, Leading, Lasting
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-29-2022, 06:51 PM
Sciencewoman Sciencewoman is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
You'll be fine Just follow the hoard of Alpha Gams going into the rooms! Seriously though, there will be an agenda in your bag that you'll get when you register which will have where things are, what time, which rooms, etc. You will want to leave for meals early because the hotel elevators will get ridiculously crowded going down. The lower floor you're on the more problematic this becomes. The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator

Convention Elevator Syndrome is the WORST! In 2006, we had Convention in Phoenix at the Biltmore -- rooms are spread out in separate buildings. Elevator Syndrome was replaced with too few golf carts and long, hot walks. You just can't win, lol!
__________________
Gamma Phi Beta
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-29-2022, 07:32 PM
ASTalumna06 ASTalumna06 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 6,234
We just returned from our convention, and fortunately, there were four elevators in the hotel, which certainly helped! I think only once did we have to turn people away and not let them in.

My most traumatic elevator experience was when two collegians stepped in and I said hi and asked them if they were enjoying convention, and they said, "Yes, ma'am."
__________________
I believe in the values of friendship and fidelity to purpose

@~/~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-30-2022, 06:31 AM
Titchou Titchou is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 4,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
We just returned from our convention, and fortunately, there were four elevators in the hotel, which certainly helped! I think only once did we have to turn people away and not let them in.

My most traumatic elevator experience was when two collegians stepped in and I said hi and asked them if they were enjoying convention, and they said, "Yes, ma'am."
They obviously were lovely young Southern ladies!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-30-2022, 07:49 AM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
We just returned from our convention, and fortunately, there were four elevators in the hotel, which certainly helped! I think only once did we have to turn people away and not let them in.

My most traumatic elevator experience was when two collegians stepped in and I said hi and asked them if they were enjoying convention, and they said, "Yes, ma'am."

Wasn't AST here in Tampa? One of my friends represented Alpha Gam at a luncheon there. We do a collection every year for Dress for Success here in Tampa and she was excited to hear the keynote speaker. I hope you had a great time!!
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Loving, Leading, Lasting
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-30-2022, 12:53 PM
NutBrnHair NutBrnHair is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 7,444
Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Chi Omegaís Convention was held last weekend at the JW Marriott in Phoenix. It was so glorious to be back together, in person! This was my 20th Convention, and probably my favorite!
__________________
XΩ Alumna --40 Year member
ΦΑΘ Alumna
ΚΔΕ Alumna
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-21-2022, 02:08 PM
Shellfish Shellfish is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 595
The Zeta Phi Beta convention has been happening this week in my town. It's nice seeing a lot of ladies in royal blue and white downtown. I wondered if any other conventions would be occurring here, and it turns out that Delta Gamma's was held here last month, but I don't recall seeing much about it. Was it mostly virtual?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-21-2022, 05:05 PM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
You will want to leave for meals early because the hotel elevators will get ridiculously crowded going down. The lower floor you're on the more problematic this becomes. The best thing to do is to get on going up - just so you get on an elevator
Shockingly, we didn't seem to have a lot of elevator problems. I probably just jinxed us for our next convention in Atlanta though.
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Loving, Leading, Lasting
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-22-2022, 12:35 PM
DoctorD DoctorD is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Shockingly, we didn't seem to have a lot of elevator problems. I probably just jinxed us for our next convention in Atlanta though.

Having been to the convention site somewhat recently, the elevators will be one of your favorite things!
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Loving Leading Lasting
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-22-2022, 07:20 PM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
Having been to the convention site somewhat recently, the elevators will be one of your favorite things!
Oh...I've looked at the photos on the website. I can't wait to see it in person!!
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Loving, Leading, Lasting
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-22-2022, 09:55 PM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Convention Elevator Syndrome is the WORST! In 2006, we had Convention in Phoenix at the Biltmore -- rooms are spread out in separate buildings. Elevator Syndrome was replaced with too few golf carts and long, hot walks. You just can't win, lol!
We had that in Mineral Wells, CA- the Palm Desert, but there were no golf carts, just a very very long hot walk in 117 degrees. My least favorite Convention location so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Shockingly, we didn't seem to have a lot of elevator problems. I probably just jinxed us for our next convention in Atlanta though.
Nice- I didn't end up going because I was exposed to COVID two days before I was supposed to drive down and thought I better not risk it. Had worked with someone all day Monday in relatively close proximity. Thankfully, I tested negative every few days so I'm in the clear now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
Having been to the convention site somewhat recently, the elevators will be one of your favorite things!
Is it the same hotel as the last time we were in ATL? I was on one of the floors closer to the top that time and had no issue getting the elevator. And got to watch the 4th of July fireworks from up there. And yes, the elevators were very cool.
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-22-2022, 10:46 PM
UVASquirrel UVASquirrel is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Is it the same hotel as the last time we were in ATL?
It's the Marriott Marquis. Not sure if it's the same one as I didn't go to the last one in Atlanta...but God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there in 2024!
__________________
Alpha Gamma Delta
Loving, Leading, Lasting
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-23-2022, 11:42 PM
AGDee AGDee is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
It's the Marriott Marquis. Not sure if it's the same one as I didn't go to the last one in Atlanta...but God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there in 2024!
Looks like the same one. It was 2001 when we were there last!
__________________
AGD
Live with Purpose!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convention 2022 SquirrelyDays Alpha Gamma Delta 16 07-26-2022 09:51 PM
Happy Founder's Day 2022 erica812 Beta Sigma Phi 0 04-30-2022 05:12 PM
NPC International Badge Day 2022 honeychile Greek Life 10 03-08-2022 07:57 AM
NPC Foundation 2022-23 Scholarship Forms Due March 15, 2022 Cheerio Academics 0 03-04-2022 01:38 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.