GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,518
0 members and 1,518 guests
No Members online

Old 10-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
A little obvious.

Quote:
Never surf a tsunami, California town says

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - An exclusive California beach enclave has raised eyebrows by passing out tsunami safety brochures that warn residents, in capital letters, that they should never try to surf one.

The pamphlets, part of an emergency preparedness campaign, inform residents of Malibu that tsunamis often follow large earthquakes and advise: "NEVER GO TO THE BEACH TO WATCH FOR, OR

SURF, A TSUNAMI WAVE!"

"I'm speechless," Malibu surfer Candace Brown told the Los Angeles Times. "I think the last thing people will think about when they feel an earthquake is surfing."

Malibu's emergency preparedness director said he thought it would be prudent to address all possibilities.

"Some people may feel that we are stating the obvious and some people may not," Brad Davis said. "We want to encourage people to move away from the coast rather than towards it."
Old 10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
"That's not my son's butt and legs. A mother knows that."
Creepy!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

A-Rod Told To Avoid Illegal Poker Clubs

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2211201

I'm sorry, but this just strikes me as weird.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Woman glues man's butt cheeks together and his "private parts" to his abdomen

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-.../s_390588.html
Old 11-08-2005, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thu, Nov. 03, 2005

Elderly woman drowns in frat house pond

Associated Press

NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. - New Wilmington police and the Lawrence County coroner are investigating the death of a 93-year-old woman who was found in a Westminster College fraternity house's pond last night.

Police say Melba McConnell may have walked away from her nearby apartment, become confused or disoriented in the dark and accidentally fallen into the Theta Chi fraternity house pond and drowned.

Police say a family member reported McConnell missing shortly after 11 p.m. and her body was found about 20 minutes later. She has recently moved into the apartment complex adjacent to the pond.

The coroner will determine the cause of death.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

pirates attack luxury cruise ship in indian ocean
Old 11-14-2005, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

www.badjocks.com reports:

Newspaper Editor Fired: Labeled Photo of HS Girls Soccer Team Celebrating Winning Goal Instead as Teammate's Decision to "Come Out of the Closet as a Lesbian!" - BadJocks can relate: like that time we mislabeled that picture of Michael Jackson and the monkey. Our lawyers are still handling that one! So we can understand how a copy editor at the The News-Times in Connecticut might have gotten a little crazy over the weekend when he posted a caption to the paper's online edition that wrongly (we assume) indicated that the Immaculate High School girls' team was celebrating a goal scored in a championship-clinching win instead of celebrating a teammate's decision to "come out of the closet as a lesbian." The News Time apologized for this error and fired a copy editor who didn't realize it was going out live. "It was a flagrant, awful violation of every journalistic principle," said Paul Steinmetz, the paper's editor. "It's just embarrassing to us and untenable."
Old 11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Police hit naked man in genitals with Taser OUCH!!!

Associated Press

FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Police accidentally hit a naked man in the genitals with a Taser after he was caught breaking windows and asking women to touch him, authorities said.

Jeremy J. Miljour, 26, tried to run away when sheriff's deputies approached so one of them shot their Taser, said Cpl. Matt Chitwood. But one of the gun's prongs accidentally hit Miljour's genitals and got stuck, Chitwood said.

"The Taser is relatively accurate, but when someone is moving like that, it doesn't matter if you have a Taser, or a pistol. (Officers) can't aim," Chitwood said.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/13233812.htm
Old 11-23-2005, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Four today:

Praying coach files rights violation suit

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., Nov. 23 (UPI) -- An East Brunswick, N.J., high school football coach barred from praying with his team has sued the district saying it violated his rights.

"The event of a high school football team saying a prayer is such a part of the culture of our country that it is not a religious event," said Ronald Riccio, a constitutional lawyer representing Borden.

School wins ruling in molestaton case (October 29, 2005) -- The Canadian Supreme Court has ruled that a Catholic school is not vicariously liable for the actions of a baker who molested a student decades ... >_full story

YMCA coach accused in shooting (October 19, 2005) -- Police in Montgomery, Ala., are looking for a YMCA football coach accused of shooting another man over the removal of a boy from the coach's ... >_full story

Christian schools sue U. of California (August 27, 2005) -- An organization representing Christian schools has sued the University of California claiming its admissions requirements are discriminatory.At ... >_full story

Mich. teen suing school for sexual assault (May 9, 2005) -- A 16-year-old high school student in Melvindale, Mich., is suing his school district and six individuals for an alleged incident of hazing.The ... >_full story

ACLU targets Louisiana school board (May 2, 2005) -- The American Civil Liberties Union Monday filed a motion for contempt against a Louisiana school board after a student recited a prayer at a ... >_full story
Old 11-28-2005, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

"It's the Jets vs. the Saints: Helpless vs. Homeless"

--headline, New York Times, Nov._25, 2005
Old 11-29-2005, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
"It's the Jets vs. the Saints: Helpless vs. Homeless"

--headline, New York Times, Nov._25, 2005
That is so wrong!
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 11-30-2005, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
"Sleep - Sex"

Man aquitted of raped after it was deemed he had "sleep-sex"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051130...e_051130155423

I don't know. Maybe it can happen, maybe not. But it doesn't seem right to me.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Cops kick down woman's "snow penis" after getting complaints

"We probably weren't 100 percent correct in going on the property and knocking it down," admits a town supervisor. "But our intentions were pure. Some people were offended. There are school buses going by there all day." (Record Online)
Old 12-16-2005, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

2005 offers fresh tales of the bizarre
By PATRICK CASEY, ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

http://dwb.newsobserver.com/24hour/w...11658788c.html

I'm totally regarding the coach that licks the bloody wounds of his players. BLEH!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
I'm totally regarding the coach that licks the bloody wounds of his players. BLEH!!!
Sorta agree with ya... but then again I had a ex that was like that too... she was ummm - a little weird?

"Cave ab homine unius libri"