GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,566
0 members and 2,566 guests
No Members online

Old 05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm beginning to think that being a morning person (and, likewise, not being a morning person) is somehow genetic. My husband is most definitely NOT a morning person, and I most definitely AM a morning person. One of our kids is so easy to get along with in the morning, and the other is a complete bear. I blame hubby for our little Grumpy Morning McGrumperson.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Divisional re-org means the most awesome boss ever won't be my boss anymore
*prepping resume*
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

All done for today. Just waiting for the 45 minutes to count down to 0 minutes so I can go home.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally getting caught up after the Derby, packed my hat away and everything. My first derby was a success even though I didn't win one bet all day, had a great time. I saw the earlier posts about Mary J Blige, I was there and thought she sounded great!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
I'm beginning to think that being a morning person (and, likewise, not being a morning person) is somehow genetic. My husband is most definitely NOT a morning person, and I most definitely AM a morning person. One of our kids is so easy to get along with in the morning, and the other is a complete bear. I blame hubby for our little Grumpy Morning McGrumperson.
Both of my parents are morning people and AFAIK, so were both sets of my grandparents. Both my sister and I are night owls (to the point where my mom calls us vampires because of how we react to sunlight in the morning).

"It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" has been stuck in my head all day. This is problematic on a few different levels.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Some woman thinks that my phone number belongs to her baby daddy. Poor soul won't stop calling. I've tried to direct her towards my law school's clinic, but she thinks I'm messing with her and protecting the baby daddy. I swear, if I ever find that damn KelShawnique, I'm dragging him into family court by his beltloops.

(Is it bad that this woman's ringtone is BabyMama by Fantasia Barrino?)
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Both of my parents are morning people and AFAIK, so were both sets of my grandparents. Both my sister and I are night owls (to the point where my mom calls us vampires because of how we react to sunlight in the morning).
ITA with CG. My parents are definitely morning people. My mom had to wake up at 5am for work. 15+ years after she retired, she still wakes up at 5am. I wake up at 9, and that's only because I have to ... left to my own devices, without an alarm clock, I've been known to sleep through until noon. I'm definitely a night owl.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
ITA with CG. My parents are definitely morning people. My mom had to wake up at 5am for work. 15+ years after she retired, she still wakes up at 5am. I wake up at 9, and that's only because I have to ... left to my own devices, without an alarm clock, I've been known to sleep through until noon. I'm definitely a night owl.
I used to work night shift for a long time. When my new job offered me the option, I chose 5am-2pm. It was the easiest for me to adjust because I was used to waking up when it was dark and getting off work when it was light. My preference is to be up all night then sleep 'til afternoon but, if you need me all bright-eyed and bushy-bootied then it's best if I start my activities when it's dark.

That salmon smells DIVINE. I can't wait for it to get out of the oven!

Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 PM

My cat was in and out of the hospital a few weeks ago - he's home now, but they had to shave his leg where they put in an IV. They didn't shave his foot though. It looks like he's wearing a teeny weeny little Ugg boot.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I used to work night shift for a long time. When my new job offered me the option, I chose 5am-2pm. It was the easiest for me to adjust because I was used to waking up when it was dark and getting off work when it was light. My preference is to be up all night then sleep 'til afternoon but, if you need me all bright-eyed and bushy-bootied then it's best if I start my activities when it's dark.
I'm the exact same way. I can get up early, but I prefer if it's super early (like 4 or 5 AM) rather than just early (7 or 8 AM). But most of all I prefer sleeping late. I am a night owl, as are my mom and brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
My cat was in and out of the hospital a few weeks ago - he's home now, but they had to shave his leg where they put in an IV. They didn't shave his foot though. It looks like he's wearing a teeny weeny little Ugg boot.
Aww that sounds adorable but sad that he was in the hospital. I hope he gets well soon!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Just got back from seeing "The Avengers", (for the 2nd time) but this time in IMAX 3D. It was freaking awesome. I went with 5 of my friends, one of them who I haven't seen since we were in vet school together. We had so much fun. We also had dinner at Aubree's Pizzeria and Grill before the movie. It's just fun talking about vet stuff with 5 other vets. I just love being able to talk about work, and to talk about work with people who know exactly what I'm talking about -just how our clients get mad at us when we say we're not quite sure what's wrong with their pets -and how they don't want to pay to run more tests. I mean, it's just that with pets the distance between symptoms and true causes is harder to trace than with people. Pets can't answer questions that might produce clues. Often with a pet, all I have are signs. I understand how anyone could get frustrated, but it's just that sometimes it's far more difficult than people think it is. Nothing against human medicine, but we just don't have that convenience of our patients telling us how they are feeling. We talked about that over dinner, talked about patient horror stories, and understood each other's pain. I had fun.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaPhi88 View Post
Some woman thinks that my phone number belongs to her baby daddy. Poor soul won't stop calling. I've tried to direct her towards my law school's clinic, but she thinks I'm messing with her and protecting the baby daddy. I swear, if I ever find that damn KelShawnique, I'm dragging him into family court by his beltloops.

(Is it bad that this woman's ringtone is BabyMama by Fantasia Barrino?)
iCan't.

That was quite possibly the dirtiest conversation I've ever had about earthquakes and flashfloods. I need some non-Californian friends who don't have their minds in the gutter.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

It still hasn't hit me that I'm moving to Ohio in 10 days.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 AM
GreekChat Member

These pain meds have not kicked in yet, so I'm sitting here wondering if a new phrase will be made for 2012 like in 1999. I remember when everyone was worried about Y2K and had the "partying like its 1999" going on. I wonder what will be said for 2011/12 with the whole Mayan end of the world thing...I'm so sleepy but this pain is insane, I'm debating cranking up the dose. Yep, going to find out how much is too much and take less than that...

Last edited by dreams2reality; 05-08-2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: need to get rid of pain
Old 05-08-2012, 06:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams2reality View Post
These pain meds have not kicked in yet, so I'm sitting here wondering if a new phrase will be made for 2012 like in 1999. I remember when everyone was worried about Y2K and had the "partying like its 1999" going on. I wonder what will be said for 2011/12 with the whole Mayan end of the world thing...I'm so sleepy but this pain is insane, I'm debating cranking up the dose. Yep, going to find out how much is too much and take less than that...
Apples and oranges. The problem with Y2K had to do with how computers dealt with dates. It was a real and valid problem that companies spent a lot of money to get corrected before it happened. If they hadn't taken those precautions, computer systems which are critical to our first world infrastructure would have failed. The hype wasn't about the world ending, but there was potential for major computer systems to fail affecting our utilities, our ability to get cash, use credit cards, etc. We are so dependent on computers for everything!

The whole Mayan calendar thing is just ridiculous. There is no real threat agent or scientific reason for anything happening that day. It will just be the first day of winter. People will use it as an excuse to party, just as they do with St. Patrick's Day and Cinco de Mayo, but the world is not ending and they'll just be hungover.