GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,501
3 members and 2,498 guests
John

Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croakies n Bows View Post
Sig Ep threw a couch off their balcony at 2 black guys walking down the sidewalk.
It was a culmination of other things, but yeah somewhat. The 2 black guys were studying racism among Greeks. It was just a chair, not a couch. And I beliiiiieve, they had a "Sambo" statue on their front porch during rush for awhile.

But it was a culmination of a lot of other stuff going on with their chapter at that time.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Also, i have been told that XYZ at AR has a secret tunnel (which has been proved but 'closed down') that they make their pledges get into a coffin with a dead owl.

Then these arnt hazing but funny how these fraternities got kicked off campus.

XYZ tired to burn down the PIKE house.

Sig Ep threw a couch off their balcony at 2 black guys walking down the sidewalk.

I forgot who it was but one fraternity, maybe KA, blew a cannon through the doors of old main.

Also there is a story that XYZ, who has a shut down tunnel under their house, made moonshine in the tunnel during the prohibition era.
Just out of curiosity, since I doubt you're talking about Chi Psi Zeta (or Chi Upsilon Zeta), why did you censor those but say the names of the other orgs?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Croakies n Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
It was a culmination of other things, but yeah somewhat. The 2 black guys were studying racism among Greeks. It was just a chair, not a couch. And I beliiiiieve, they had a "Sambo" statue on their front porch during rush for awhile.

But it was a culmination of a lot of other stuff going on with their chapter at that time.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_17595967/

here it is, it was a professor
Old 08-07-2009, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

croakies n bows wrote
Quote:
SAE got kicked off back in the day when a member of IFC walked into their basement and found pledges on the floor with blood all over them and glass in their knees and elbows. They were made to move across a floor with broken glass on the elbows and knees.
I didn't know SAE was ever kicked off campus at University of Arkansas...when was this?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well i googled it and nothing came up, but i know they have been kicked off at least once, because it is commonly known that the only fraternity at AR that hasnt been kicked off at least once is Phi Delt.
It will have to be fact, then, if it is commonly known...

I have never heard they were kicked off and I have been around for quite a while. I am not saying it couldn't have happened, I just don't think it is anything that happened in recent (at least 30) years. I will put some feelers out and see what I can find out.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Well i googled it and nothing came up, but i know they have been kicked off at least once, because it is commonly known that the only fraternity at AR that hasnt been kicked off at least once is Phi Delt.
Check your sources. The Sigma Chi chapter at Arkansas, founded in 1905, has never been closed.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Did you read the stickies? You are supposed to avoid hearsay. If you don't have personal experience or it has been reported by a reputable source, don't say it. You can seriously damage reputations like that.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Worst things I had to do as a pledge

Work week We had to move 50 lb sandbags everyday for 2 hours, 3 days it rained. Oh ya this is at 5 a.m. Cleaning all day and all we got to eat was a lunchable shared with your pledge brother all day. It was funny to see how you measured a capri sun. We had about 7 hours of cleaning everyday. That was how I spent my first week in college.

Pledging: Run of the mill experience. DD once every weekend and house duties. Had to carry around Cigarettes and a can of Skoal at all times for the brothers. Nothing bad.

I-Week: We had to eat baby food for our meal of the day. 4 hours of sleep. Cleaning, brushing up on fraternity info. We got to do a lot of upper body work outs. Had to get paddle signatures of older brothers. Had to do whatever the older brother wanted i.e. wash his car, eat a can of skoal, get blacked out and have a boxing match with a pledge brother, piss in your own back pack, have a dance party in the frat's dumpster with your pledge brothers dressed in a suit...fun stuff.

Would I do it over again...maybe but not for a mintue do I regret it. If Pledging was the hardest thing I will ever do in my life, well I guess my life will be pretty easy.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:26 AM
GreekChat Member

If someone else has posted this, my apologies:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/07/...ing/index.html

Pike chapter at Tulane pours boiling water on pledges, etc. No more Pike at Tulane--they didn't take care of their house, their antique fire truck or their brothers.

Last edited by AyUaxe; 11-03-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

The one I've heard was an org a few years back taking their pledges out to international waters on a yacht, getting them plastered out of their minds and then dropping them back at the docks at like 4 AM with instructions to be at another beach a few hours away at 6 AM. They all showed up and waited for the brothers...who showed up at noon. I'm tempted to count that as urban legend since no org from here has ever been suspended or reprimanded though.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Worst Hazing Story

This didn't happen to me but one of my pledge brothers; probably the worst hazing I have ever heard of. While pledging we had to participate in call downs, which are random times that pledges have to come down to the house usually around 3 in the morning, and either get the shit beat out of us or sit in a small baby pool filled with ice outside in the winter. Well one night a brother decided to take it a step further. After being hit in the stomach with a chair leg my pledge brother fell to the ground, one of the older brothers decided to take this guy aside and help him out right? NO, as this happened everyone that had been yelling at us, the pledges, stopped and I remember someone whispering "shits about to hit the fan." At this time our blindfolds were taken off and I see about 100 to 120 active brothers standing around all the pledges in a circle. In the center of the circle is my pledge brother in his boxers and covered with ketchup, laundry detergent, etc. he is still blindfolded and all the pledges were told not to talk. About this time a brother comes out of the crowd with a thick black vest. He then he took off my pledge brother's blindfold and said to him, "I hope you trust kevlar?" For those of you who don't know kevlar is what bullet proof vest are made of. After asking him this he put the vest on him and took out a gun. And put the blindfold back on him. And then our blindfolds were put back on. I could still see through the blindfold I was wearing. The gun of course was just a realistic air-soft gun but none of us, the pledges, knew this. As the blind fold was put on another brother came out with a firecracker as he was coming out the other brother pushed the air-soft gun point blank into my pledge brother's chest and yelled get ready you mother ...... and they set off the firecracker at his feet. Right as the firecracker went off my pledge brother pissed his boxers and began to cry they took the blind fold off of him and showed him the firecracker and told hit the gun and everything was fake and everyone began to laugh. Needless to say he quit the next day.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

That is funny. His line name could have been Kevlar. Lol
Old 02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Some of the best stuff I hear is from my dad. He's a Phi Kappa Sigma from Oklahoma U, and was active back in the early/mid 60's. They used to be one of the top chapters on campus. These days, I'm aware that they exist, but I never hear anything about them, except that they are one of dozens of small to mid sized chapters on OU's campus.

1) Their pledge trainer had been to Vietam and was back. He was unpopular with his pledges. They kidnapped him one night, threw him in the trunk, and drove out to the middle of nowhere. They left him handcuffed to an oil rig in his underwear. They have no idea how he got back, but when he did, he withdrew from school.

2) Rumor has it, they burned down the SAE house.

3) Chinese fire drill -- actives mixed up a bowl of random stuff in the kitchen. It was designed to be the most terrible thing you've put in your mouth. A fire was lit outside. The pledges had to put out the fire by taking a mouthful of the substance and spitting it out on the fire. Apparently, the most effective way to put the fire out is to take a mouthful of the stuff, and try to hold the vomit back until you get to the fire.

4) Random beatings of actives and pledges alike. The pledges versus actives "flag" football game did involve some broken bones.

-- and I'm pretty sure all of this was legal back then. (except for #2, but that might not have had anything to do with pledging, and no one is sure exactly who did it, except that it was most likely a Phi Kap).

haha yo this were some good stories. if you didnt know, this same stuff is still happenin, and much worse, i assure you. i had it worse but those are pretty good
Old 02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

to dan 343,

finally, i hear some real pledgin stories on the internet. good shit. i went through the same shit. idk anything else about ur pledge process but im sure you got soem other good ones. I had some wilder shit than that though too. i got my ass beat to say the least haha

but yeah its good to hear there are some kids out there who arent pussies.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
I was forced to kill and eat 28 of my 31 pledge brothers.
hahahahahahA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO <3